The Party

It's a Freaking Big Mess

 

Wonpil has known Jae for more years than not. Their fathers were college friends who stayed in touch even when one of them moved to a different continent, and since both families frequently visited each other and went on vacations together, the friendship was passed on to the second generation. And even if he and Jae only got to meet once or twice a year, they texted and video called constantly. 

By now, Wonpil knows Jae like the back of his hand. So when he gets back to the sight of him cleaning rigorously, he’s certain something has happened. It’s not that Jae never cleans, but they have a cleaning schedule that they follow religiously. Plus, Wonpil knows about Jae’s old habit of stress-cleaning. A habit he thought the older has got rid off years ago, but as he watches Jae sweeping the same spot on the floor for several minutes, he knows that something has triggered it. 

 

“Is everything okay?” 

 

Jae replies in a heartbeat with a firm “No.” 

 

Wonpil frowns worriedly, “Do you want to talk about it?”

 

“No.”

 

“Jae-”

 

“Later, Wonpil. Later.”

 

Said boy purses his lips together not to push it. Another fact he knows about Jae is that he hates being pressured, because he’ll tell him about anything eventually, when it’s the right time. So Wonpil decides to wait at least until Jae finishes his cleaning. It takes a couple of hours, and Jae doesn’t stop until he makes sure every nook and cranny is clean and shining. 

 

As expected, after taking a shower, dimming the lights and slipping into bed, Jae starts talking. He tells Wonpil about his day, how it started as usual, how his work load has almost doubled, how hard he worked to finish in time, and how badly he was scolded. He tells him everything in detail and Wonpil listens silently and intently, understanding how everything has been slowly building to this day, the day Jae reached his exploding point. 

Wonpil feels awfully bad for his best friend, for having to go through all this bad treatment. He can’t imagine how embarrassing it has been for Jae. The latter finishes the story with his bathroom encounter with Brian, which takes him by surprise.

 

“Wait, how come you’re not angry at him?” he asks, feeling like he’s missing a big detail. 

 

“Why would I be?” 

 

The answer he gets and Jae’s confused expression renders him dumbfounded to say the least. 

 

“Jae are you okay?” he finds himself asking, “I mean I know you’re upset at that woman, but what about Brian? He’s the one who’s spilled the coffee on you.”

 

“He didn’t do it on purpose. There’s no reason for me to be angry with him,” Jae explains, as if it’s a matter of fact.

 

“And what makes you so sure?”

 

“Because he’s really not the type to do something as awful. It’s true that he annoys me, but even he knows his limits,” Jae defends Brian, the guy he’s spent the last year and a half hating on.

 

“So, you really think he didn’t do it on purpose?”

 

“Okay, what’s wrong with you? Why do you want me to blame Brian for it so badly? Do you really think he’s done it on purpose?” 

 

Wonpil can’t believe he’s hearing accusation in the other’s tone, “I’m not blaming him! I’m just used to you blaming him for any disaster happening in the radius of five miles, so what’s really going on here?”

 

“Oh,” Jae pauses, suddenly realizing something, “I didn’t tell you, didn’t I?”

 

“Tell me what?”

 

“Well,” Jae drags the letter, seemingly embarrassed about what he’s about to say. It turns out he’s got a reason when he says, “I think we’re on good terms now.”

 

“WHAT!! HOW?!” 

 

And Jae has no choice but to tell him about the recent changes in his and Brian’s relationship. 

 

Wonpil grins mischievously when his roommate finishes his story, “So you two are friends now?”   

 

“We’re not. We’re just acquaintances at best!” 

 

The response makes him snort, “Yeah, right!”

 

“ off!” 

 

He decides he’ll about it another day, since Jae’s bad mood is still there. For now, he’ll try to get accustomed to Jae not cursing Brian hundreds of times a day. He’ll miss those rants. Honestly speaking, Wonpil kind of expected this day to come, but he still finds it hard to believe. The animosity between the two has been too strong to vanish so quickly. 

 

“But, why did you push him away back then? If you’re not angry with him?” he asks after rethinking Jae’s story once more.

 

“I really don’t know why I did it. I was just too angry and embarrassed and he’s seen me crying and I snapped, just like that!” 

 

The memory seems to agitate Jae, as if he’s having a problem understanding his own actions, “I’m just an idiot okay?! How am I supposed to face him tomorrow?” he buries his face in his pillow and cries in frustration. 

 

“Your life is so hard,” Wonpil says in fake sympathy. Jae flips him off this time.

 

 

 

-

 

 

1Pill: I’m an idiot…

1Pill: and I feel like getting drunk lol

Super Jin: I can’t help you with the first one :p

1Pill: I hate u

Super Jin: bad day?

1Pill: u know me too well 

Super Jin: there’s a party tmrw

Super Jin: u should come 

Super Jin: free drinks ;p

1Pill: r u preforming?

Super Jin: maybe? if they ask

Super Jin: I’m going for the drinks tho

Super Jin: u should too

1Pill: I’m not invited

Super Jin: dude who cares!

Super Jin: it’s Jackson’s

1Pill: OOOOH

1Pill: okay

Super Jin: IS THAT A YES?!!!

1Pill: I’ll think about it :p

Super Jin: that’s definitely a yes!

Super Jin: see u there =D

 

 

 

“Do you really think this is a good idea?” Brian looks at Sungjin on his right and then at Dowoon by his left. Both of them are peeking at his phone’s screen, reading his conversation with Wonpil.

 

He has spent the whole afternoon at Sungjin’s complaining about his day, his week, and life in general. They have listened to his rant without any judgment, which he appreciates immensely. It’s Sungjin who’s suggested inviting Wonpil to the party.

 

“It’s a good opportunity to meet him and maybe apologize to Jae, if he comes,” Dowoon reasons, and Brian has to admit he has a point. 

 

He really misses Wonpil, even though they’ve only met twice. Texting with him daily has aggravated his want to talk to him face to face. 

 

Also, Brian wants to fix things with Jae. The latter has a good skill of avoiding people and he’s been using it on him for the past two days. He doesn’t talk to him unless it’s about to work, doesn’t meet his eyes, disappears at the lunch break and leaves in a hurry after work. Brian is willing to deal with any anger directed towards him, but he needs a chance to do it damn it! 

 

He hopes he’ll get it at the party. That if Jae actually comes.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“Wonpil help! I’ve done something!” Jae calls in panic.

 

His roommate appears from the bathroom, toothbrush between his teeth, “What?”

 

“Sungjin invited me- you to a party and I agreed!” he cries, mentally kicking himself for agreeing without giving it a second thought. What if Wonpil refuses? What lie should he tell Sungjin now?

 

His roommate goes back to the bathroom, but he still calmly asks, “Jackson’s?” 

 

“You heard about it?”

 

There’s the sound of running water before Wonpil reemerges, toothbrush-less, “Seriously Jae. When did I ever miss one of Jack’s parties?”

 

“Oh right!” Jae sometimes forget what a party beast the other can be. He only stays at home in the weekends during the exams’ season.

 

“So you’re going?”

 

“Of course I’m going.” 

 

Jae sights in relief. Now he doesn’t have to lie to Sungjin. 

 

“But what about you?”

 

“Me? Why would I?” 

 

The obliviousness in his expression seems to irritate Wonpil, “Are you for real?” he exclaims in disbelief, “Your chance to meet and hopefully talk to Sungjin is knocking on your door and you’re still questioning it?”

 

There’s a pause as Jae processes the situation. Everyone knows for a fact that he’s not a party person. He prefers spending his weekends with Kevin and Bernard playing video games and watching old movies. But Wonpil is right. This is a chance he shouldn’t miss. Plus, he really wants to get drunk and forget what recently happened at the company. 

 

“Okay fine! I’ll go!” he finally agrees, not that he’s got a better choice. 

 

 

 

However, he starts to regret his choice a little bit the next day, especially when he’s got no idea what to wear to the party. Wonpil’s reaction when he sees his outfit is a sign that he’s made a bad choice.

 

“What the hell are you wearing?!” 

 

“What are YOU wearing?” Jae asks back, for the complete opposite reason he’s received the question for. Wonpil is completely dressed up, wearing one of his y, clubbing outfits and he’s currently applying a generous amount of makeup on his face.

 

“It’s called a party for a reason, hyung,” Wonpil deadpans, eyes still judging his outfit, “Don’t you have anything other than sweaters in your closet?”

 

“What’s wrong with my sweaters?” 

 

“Nothing is wrong with them. But now that you finally got Sungjin to notice you virtually, you should show him what a hot piece of you are in real life! You need to make an impression,” Wonpil walks to the closet, determined, “Where are those jeans I got you for your birthday?” 

 

He starts rummaging through his clothes, while Jae stands by his side worried about the outfit he’s going to end up in more than the ruckus already taking place in the closet and the floor.

 

“Don’t stand like that! Go put on your contact lenses. It’s going to take some time to find what I need,” Wonpil orders. 

 

Jae walks to the bathroom dispirited. The dread and stress are staring to pile up. He really shouldn’t have agreed to this.

 

However, about an hour later, while staring at his reflexion in the mirror, he changes his mind. The outfit Wonpil has coordinated for him is a wide-cut red pullover- Jae can’t remember where he’s got that from-, a pair of very tight, very ripped, black jeans, and a black biker jacket. 

Afterwards, the younger has forced him to sit down so he could do his hair and makeup, and from looking at the mirror, Jae has to admit, he has done a great job. To match the whole style, Wonpil has made his hair messy, not the I-just-got-up kind of messy, but the I-just-got-laid kind of messy. He didn’t do much to his face though, just a tad bit of concealer, eyeshadow and some lipstick. 

 

“I’m so proud of myself!” Wonpil pats his own shoulder, praising himself. Jae has a passing thought of kicking him. 

 

“Let’s just go.”

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

The party is exactly what he’s expected a college party to be. The house is huge, surrounded by a big garden with a pool. There’s loud music, drunk college students and couples making out everywhere. Definitely not his scene.

 

Just a few steps inside the house and Jae swears he’s never been hit on like that before. Wonpil smirks knowingly. He’s used to the lingering, flirty eyes and the catcalls after all.

 

“You’re already making heads turn. There’s no way Sungjin won’t notice you tonight,” he says into his ear, making Jae bloom with hope and confidence. 

 

“Come on, let’s go find your lover boy.”

 

On their way to the center of the house, Wonpil greets a lot of people that Jae doesn’t recognize, and stops to talk to some. 

 

Despite the outfit, Jae is still feeling out of place and jittery, with the knowledge that Sungjin is somewhere near. So, to lessen his nervousness, he doesn’t hesitate to down the drinks that got pushed into his hand. His eyes don’t stop searching around the whole time, hoping to get sight of his crush any time soon. 

 

When Jae finally finds him, he’s grateful he had those drinks earlier. It’s like a scene out of a movie, Sungjin walking confidently, smiling to some, high-fiving some and just being cool and charming in general. Jae can’t seem to tear his eyes off of the guy, especially when he stops just in front of them.

 

“You came!” Sungjin exclaims, eyes dancing with happiness. However, he doesn’t say those words to him, but to Wonpil. Jae tries to ignore the pang of jealousy he gets when he remembers he’s practically a stranger to Sungjin. 

 

“Yeah. I can’t seriously miss this!” 

 

“This is Dowoon by the way,” Sungjin pushes the drummer standing awkwardly by his side forward, “Dowoon, meet the Kim Wonpil.” 

 

The younger waves shyly at both of them.

 

“Hey Dowoon,” Wonpil waves back, smiling widely, and without missing a beat, he turns his attention to Jae, “And this is Jae.”

 

Said boy is not ready when Sungjin looks at him with that damned grin and says, “So we finally get to meet the famous Jae!”

 

There’s a pause, Jae doesn’t know for how long, before he gets his brain to believe that this is a reality and not his imagination and that he needs to come with something to say. He tries to be sarcastic to hide his bashfulness, “Let me guess, you’ve heard a lot from Brian?” he fakes annoyance, which makes Sungjin chuckle.

 

“Yeah,” he admits, “But don’t worry, I don’t take him seriously.”

 

“Like Jae’s any better,” Wonpil comments, and Jae doesn’t deny it. He just watches Sungjin laughing more.

 

“Wait, what?!” Dowoon seems to realize something, his eyes wide as they move from Jae’s face to Sungjin’s in question, “He’s Brian hyung’s Jae?” 

 

If Wonpil and Sungjin notice how badly-formulated or misleading that sounded, they don’t bother to point it out and just laugh at Jae’s panicked expression.

 

“Yeah, that’s definitely him!” Wonpil confirms, “ Brian’s Jae,” he adds with a wink.

 

Jae hates his best friend for teasing him like that, but hates himself more for letting it affect him. All he can do is hope no one notices the blush forming on his cheek.

 

“I’m going to get us some drinks. Do you guys want some?” Wonpil asks. 

 

“I already got one,” Sungjin raises his hand, showing him the bottle he’s holding. Dowoon does the same.

 

“So one for me and one for Jae. I’ll be right back.”

 

Jae recognizes the glint in his Wonpil’s eyes when they meet his. He reads it as the other’s way of saying ‘enjoy’. But only when the other disappears does he realize he’s alone with the two. Anxiety mode is now on. What is he supposed to do? What should he say? 

 

“So, you’re not performing tonight?” don’t blame him. That’s the sole question he could come with. He hopes it doesn’t sound stupid.

 

“Nah, I’m just here to have fun. I think someone brought a karaoke set though. Maybe I’ll try it later.” 

 

Jae nods stupidly, racking his mind for something to say to keep the conversation going. Thank god Dowoon interferes to save his .

 

“You look really familiar though. Did we meet before?”

 

“Well, don’t we all study at the same university?” Jae replies, without giving it much thought. 

 

“Yeah, you’ve probably seen him around,” Sungjin adds, but to Jae’s great misfortune, Dowoon doesn’t seem to let it go. He keeps staring at Jae bluntly, before his face brightens with recognition,

 

“Now I remember! I’ve always seen you at hyung’s gigs! You’re always in the first row!”

 

Jae innerly curse at the younger’s good eyes. He didn’t want to come out as the obsessed fan but now it’s all ruined. He feels awfully embarrassed to even meet the singer’s eyes. However, Sungjin is all excitement when he says, “Of course it’s you! I can’t believe I didn’t recognize you right away. I’m really glad I get to meet you at last!” 

 

“Me too!” 

 

And Jae it’s at loss of words at the sincerity in both guys’ expressions. He finds Dowoon to be endearingly cute, and Sungjin, well, is just Sungjin. He still makes his heart beat faster and face heat up. 

 

“Thank you,” he timidly says.

 

When Dowoon disappears to go search for his friend and Wonpil takes too much to get that beer- Jae knows he’s not coming back any time soon-, he and Sungjin move to a quieter side of the house and settle on a couch there. The mood is getting lighter the more they drink and thinking of something to say is no more a struggle for Jae. 

Sungjin is different in real life, definitely not what he has expected. He’s still nice and interesting and his smile still makes Jae giddy inside all the same. If Jae wanted to go back home as soon as he stepped foot in the party, he’s feeling like staying here forever now. 

 

Wonpil is back so much later, drunk and excited about the karaoke game. He makes a fool out of himself, and they both enjoy the scene way too much. Then, Jackson comes and drags Sungjin to join the game. But Jae cannot complain, not after spending such a good time with him.

 

That was definitely a dream. 

 

He thinks as he throws his head back and closes his eyes, smiling like an idiot. He is too giddy to move from his relaxed position and almost lets himself doze off to the sound of Sungjin’s voice. However, when the music stops abruptly, he gets the feeling he’s being watched, which pushes him to pry his eyes open. 

 

Jae catches the culprit still staring, although it’s definitely not who he’s expected it to be. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

 

Despite not being in the mood for a party, Brian finds himself in the middle of it all, trying to look like he’s enjoying his time while searching for a certain someone and their best friend. 

The place is too crowded and he doesn’t feel like socializing for now, so he passes by the kitchen, takes another bottle of beer and heads for the pool. There, he finds a group of his classmates chatting and smoking. They practically force him to stay with them, even though he’s not a smoker. Brian pretends to listen to whatever nonsense they decide to talk about, until something does catch his attention.

 

“Did you guys see Jae?” one of the girls asks, looking like she’s about to drop the gossip of the century.

 

“Jae at a party? Are you sure?!” 

 

“YES! At first I didn’t recognize him, but then I was like ‘I know this guy!’ and yep, it’s Jae,” she asserts. Brian hopes she’s right.

 

“I’ve seen him too, and believe me, he looked HOT. I almost hit on him but then I remembered he was taken.” 

 

Hold on, what?!! 

 

Brian is taken back by the statement. As far as he knows, Jae has a crush. Did it work and they started dating? but then Brian will know about it before any of the people sitting around him.  Are they even talking about the Jae he knows? 

 

He realizes that they’re all staring at him, as if they’re waiting for him to react, “What?” he demands, annoyed.

 

No one answers his question, but the amusement in their expressions is enough for him to get it. 

 

“Hahaha you guys are very funny,” he solemnly says, his irritated only worsening.

 

“We all know about the between you two, so just admit it.”

 

“There’s nothing to admit. You guys are delusional.”

 

Brian tries, he really does, to convince them that there’s nothing between him and the other. But when there’s no sign of them believing him, and the continuous teasing gets too much, he leaves them and gets back inside, where he finds Dowoon. The latter is tipsy and spluttering nonsense which is exactly what Brian needs to brighten his mood, at least a little bit. 

 

“Wonpil hyung is there,” Dowoon points at a large crowd when he notices his wondering eyes. Brian grins at him and moves to the main room. It’s not hard to locate Wonpil in the midst of the big crowd around the karaoke game. Especially since he’s looking exceptionally hot tonight, and excitedly cheering for Sungjin who’s singing an upbeat song.

 

Dowoon follows him as he chooses a spot from where he can casually watch the scene. They stay there, Brian trying to decide whether to join Wonpil and Sungjin now or wait longer. He decides on the latter when someone steps on the speakers’ wires and ends up unplugging it mid-song. There are loud protests when the music stops and everyone are frantically searching for the unplugged wire among the big tangle of wires. 

 

“Hyung you never told me he’s that handsome,” Dowoon says out of nowhere. Brian remembers this is the younger’s first time seeing Wonpil.

 

“I basically do that too much Sungjin hits me for it.”

 

“Not Wonpil hyung, I meant him,” Dowoon juts his chin to the left, and Brian follows it with his eyes. He shouldn’t have. 

 

His classmate has described him as ‘hot’, Dowoon as ‘handsome’, but none of those adjectives has prepared Brian for the sight that greets him, that steals his breath. Honesty, nothing could have. 

The messy hair, the closed eyes, the flushed cheeks, the blissful smile, the exposed neck and collarbones, the dangerous outfit, and the whole view is just too much for him. Brian can’t do anything but stare. 

 

Ravishing. 

 

Gorgeous. 

 

Stunning. 

 

His brain keeps supplying him with the words that best describes Park Jaehyung at the moment, and he can’t complain. Yes. He’s staring at Park Jaehyung, and no matter how many sirens go off in his head, he doesn’t give two s about it. 

 

That is until Jae opens his eyes and they lock gazes. Brian is now caught staring and doesn’t know how to react. There’s something about Jae’s blush growing darker and Jae being the first to divert his eyes that satisfies him. Maybe it has to do with the fact that he’s not the only one being flustered by their brief eye contact. When he finally looks away, he finds himself hoping Jae won’t ditch his glasses for work as well. That will be a very big distraction.  

 

Brian was too focused on Jae that he didn’t notice that the loud music was back. Sungjin and Wonpil are having the time of their lives singing an old-school hip hop song and are failing badly at the rap part, both of them just mumbling incoherent words instead of the right lyrics. They refuse to let go of the mics when the song ends. Brian watches in amusement as they drunkly negotiate with the protesting people around them and succeed at convincing everyone to let them sing two other songs. Jinyoung is filming the whole thing, and Brian makes a mental note to ask him for the video later. 

 

 

The house starts to get emptier and less lively, which gives Sungjin and Wonpil the opportunity to have a full concert without anyone bothering them. Jae is still sitting on the couch, enjoying the show as much as him and many others. Brian knows that because he’s been unconsciously stealing glances at the other more often than he’ll ever admit. He’s been caught by Jae too many times already. 

 

“You seriously should go and talk to him. This is your chance,” Dowoon surprises him by the advice. Has he always been that observant or is it just the effect of the alcohol?

 

But maybe Brian should listen to the younger this time. He knows he’s dragging the matter while this is a perfect chance to clear things with Jae. Yet, every time he decides to do so, he chickens out last second, mainly because they’ve made too much eye contact for the night.

 

‘Okay, get a hold of yourself and just go there for ’s sake!’  

 

 

He’s about to take the first step into Jae’s direction when a silhouette passes by him that is too huge to ignore. The guy is very tall and muscular, and stumbling - another one who’s totally drunk - as he walks to Jae. the latter stands up abruptly as soon as he senses the looming presence. Brian sees him mouthing a name in pure shock. Jae is not given a chance to recover as the unknown guy grabs him by his arm and drags him away. Brian gets a glimpse of the guy’s face when they walk past him. He’s very handsome and manly, but he has never seen him around before. He looked furious as well, Brian wonders why. He shrugs when Dowoon gives him a meaningful look.

 

No one seems to notice what has just happened except for him, Dowoon, and few others who don’t seem to care. Brian shouldn’t care as well. Maybe it’s something personal between the two that he’s not supposed to meddle in. He is set on minding his business and tries to forget about it. However, Jae’s reaction and his face as he’s being dragged away makes him uneasy. Dowoon’s concerned glances doesn’t help him shaking the worry off. That’s why, a few minutes later, Brian ends up following them. 

 

He walks in the direction they went to and ends up in the backyard. There’s basically no one around there because of the biting cold, so Brian decides it’s better to search somewhere else, or maybe abort the stupid mission all at once, especially when he hears a pained moan and kissing sounds coming from around the corner. Great. Someone’s having some out here.

 

“Matt please stop.” 

 

Brian stops on his track. He knows that voice.

 

“I miss you so much,” a slurred, deep voice says.

 

“Please let me go and we’ll talk then,” Jae’s voice- he’s sure about it now- replies. 

 

“You want to talk, huh? Why didn’t you think about talking when you disappeared without a word back then? TELL ME!” 

 

As much as the guy yelling at Jae angers him, Brian can’t decide whether he’s in a place to interfere or not. It can be a lovers’ quarrel for all he knows. 

 

There’s a deep groan followed by Jae’s distressed voice begging for the guy to stop, “No Matt stop! Please don’t. You’re hurting me stop!” 

 

Brian decides that ‘ it!’ as he runs to the corner the voices are coming from. He finds the guy pinning Jae to the wall, as he’s busy biting and kissing down his neck. Jae not only is struggling so hard to get free, but he’s sporting a very pained expression and is almost crying.

 

And that’s how Brian snaps.

 

He tears the guy away from Jae in a fraction, “What the hell do you think you’re doing to him?!” he punches him once, “Touch him again and I’ll kill you!” he punches him again. 

 

The guy stumbles a few steps back with a curse. Brian feels satisfaction when he sees blood oozing out of his nose. He hopes it’s broken. 

 

“What the hell!” the guy says, wiping the blood with the back of his hand, fixing him with a deathly glare. 

 

Brian should be scared by now, the other is way buffer than him and is trying to counter attack. Hopefully, the drunkenness makes him slow and Brian is able to dodge his punch easily. It seems to anger the guy more, but it still can’t much with Brian’s anger. All he can feel is the rush of adrenaline. Fortunately for the guy, some have noticed the fight and they’re just in time to stop Brian from swinging another blow. Now, the whole party is moving to the yard to witness the fight.

 

“What’s going on here?” Jaebum demands at the sight of the two of them being held back, ready to pounce at each other if freed, “Brian?” he frowns at him, both in surprise and confusion. Said guy is really not in the mood to justify his use of violence. 

 

When Wonpil finally joins the scene, Sungjin just behind him, he seems to recognize the guy, if the surprise and the distaste when he says “Mathew,” is anything to go by. Then, his eyes urgently scan the people standing around, searching for Jae. When he finally catches sight of the taller, worry washes over him and he’s by his side in a second, throwing a protective arm around him. 

 

One good look at Jae’s disheveled appearance is all that takes for Brian to angrily order the guys holding Mathew to “Get this er out of here”. He’s wished the guy would fight back when they drag him out so he’ll have a good reason to beat him more. Unfortunately, he leaves quietly, and right after, the crowd disperses, everyone getting the memo that the party is over. 

 

The effect of the adrenaline has washed away, and all that Brian is left with is concern for Jae. This time, he doesn’t hesitate to walk to him, the need to check on him stronger than any other sensation.

 

“Are you okay?” he asks softly, trying to ignore the already red hickeys and love bites on Jae’s neck. The sight just makes his blood boil even more. He really should’ve broke more than a nose.

Jae doesn’t look at him in the eyes, but nods timidly. Wonpil seems to notice the way the taller is trembling, so he brings him his jacket and helps him wear it, “Let’s get you out of here.” 

 

Sungjin, who’s as concerned as anyone else, decides to drive them back. The car is silent on the whole way back, save for Dwooon’s occasional snores. Brian finds himself studying Jae’s face from the rear mirror through the whole ride. The taller is staring out of the window absentminded, doesn’t react when Wonpil intwines their hands to comfort him. Too much seems to be on his mind at the moment, but who can blame him? It was a long night.

 

As soon as they reach the dorms, Jae wishes them all a good night- they’re just a couple of hours away from sunrise- and basically flees out of the car, Wonpil on his tail. Brian just sights in despair, thinking that things between him and Jae are only getting worse. However, his hopes get restored thanks to a text he receives just as he’s about to go to sleep.

 

From: Unknown Number:

Thank you for earlier

Good night Bri

 

 


This chapter is literally a mess I'm sorry T_T