The Crisscross

It's a Freaking Big Mess

 

S.jin: I need to wake up early tomorrow

S.jin: fml

1Pill: Go to sleep then 

S.jin: I don’t feel like it yet

1Pill: wtf

1Pill: did u sleep at all last night? o.O

S.jin: yeah

S.jin: for ten minutes :)

1Pill: ok that’s it!

1Pill: GO 

1Pill: TO 

1Pill: SLEEP 

1Pill: NOW

S.jin: help me…

1Pill: count the sheeps

S.jin: oh wow

S.jin: should’ve thought about that

1Pill: see?

1Pill: I’m a smart person B)

S.jin: no offense

S.jin: but I highly doubt that :p

1Pill: u better take that back

S.jin: or what?

S.jin: wonpil?

S.jin: YAH!

S.jin: r u ignoring me?

S.jin: ok ok 

S.jin: I’ll go to sleep now

S.jin: happy?

S.jin: stop ignoring me!

S.jin: r u sleeping?

S.jin: oh 

S.jin: u’re really sleeping

S.jin: good night =)

 

 

 

-

 

 

Jae’s anything but a morning person. He’s spent the whole night chatting with Sungjin and slept really late, even though he knew he had to wake up early. And now he’s late on his first day of internship. ‘Way to go Park Jaehyung!’

He just can’t help it anymore. No mater how much he used to value his sleep schedule, he’s easily given it up for Sungjin. Jae has to admit that for once, Wonpil has came with a good idea, no matter how risky and wrong it sounded at first. Thanks to it, Jae now chats with Sungjin daily and at anytime. It turns out, not only do they share the same sense of humor but also have the same taste in almost everything: movies, music, food, drinks, books, etc. By now, Jae is one hundred per cent sure Sungjin is exactly his ideal type. He’ll just have to figure out when to tell him the truth and how to handle the consequences of his acts afterwards. 

 

Quickly, Jae changes into a white button up, dark blue pants and a long coat and slips on his white sneakers -the most formal outfit he’s managed to buy- then flies out of the door, hoping he didn’t forget anything. He runs to the bus station like his life depends on it. The company he’s interning at is two bus rides away. One lasting thirty minutes and the other ten. If he misses the first one he’s doomed. Fortunately, he catches it last second.

Jae’s too excited and nervous that he doesn’t doze off during the ride. It’s understandable since it’s his first internship ever. It feels like his first step into the professional world. Jae has even sacrificed a part of his precious savings to buy some shirts and pants and dyed his hair black for the first time in ages. 

According to his initial calculations, he’s supposed to reach the company at eight fifty, but the unexpected traffic delays him by ten minutes and and he’s still a good walk and an elevator ride away from the HR department. Jae sprints as soon as he hops off the bus, using his long legs to cross the remaining distance in the shortest time possible. Only when he slips in an elevator before its door closes does he allow for himself to breathe properly. He tries to collect himself and adjust his appearance on the short trip up to the fifth floor. 

Fortunately, the secretary recognizes him before he even introduces himself, saving him a lot of trouble, “You’re the new intern right? The other intern is already with Mrs. Hong. You can go in, they’re waiting for you.”

He thanks her and tries not to act as nervous as he’s feeling when he knocks and enters the manager’s office. Mrs. Hong, whom he’s met before and grown to like, is laughing and chatting with another guy. Jae can physically feel the blood in his veins run faster and get hotter, and definitely not because of nervousness this time. By the sight of the guy’s back and the sound of his despicable laugh, he has a guess who it is. So unless he has a doppelgänger or a twin brother, the other intern the secretary referred to earlier and is currently chatting with Mrs. Hong is none other than Brian ing Kang.

 

“Oh, Mr Park, good morning. Please come in!” the woman cheerfully greets a frozen Jae.

 

The latter, remembering his manners, greets her back, bowing deeply and apologizing for his tardiness. He doesn’t miss the surprised look on Brian’s face before it retorts into an evil smile. Jae sits next to him,  trying hard to control his expression.

‘Why does he have to be here? Can’t I have some peaceful time without him!’ he internally screams in frustration.

 

“Mr Kang here is starting today as well,” Mrs. Choi comments, maybe wanting to introduce them to each other, “He’s in the same university as you,” she adds.

“I know,” Jae replies with a forcible smile.

“Oh! Do you know each other?” the woman exclaims in excitement.

Before Jae can deny it, Brian cuts in by throwing a hand over his shoulders, “Of course! Jaehyung and I are very close. Right Jaehyung?” 

The grin on Brian’s face is just begging to be wiped off with a punch, but Jae holds himself. He can’t lose his temper here, so he plays along and grins back.

“Wonderful!” Mrs. Hong claps her hands together, “Then you won’t mind working together. I was hesitant at first, thinking that maybe you won’t get along, but since you’re friends, it’ll be best to put you together.”

If Jae wasn’t a victim as well, he’d be laughing his off at Brian’s panicking face. He seems to hate the idea as much as him. 

“You will spend the first month in the Accounting department and the second in the production department. These are the best departments in our company and the one’s with the most experience to offer, especially for undergrads. I’ll be accompanying you to the Accounting department and introducing you to the team there. Shall we go?”

The two are still under the shock, so they only nod and follow the woman in utter defeat. Jae is not excited anymore, just anxious.

“I think I really need to say this,” Mrs. Hong starts, catching their attention. They’re on the elevator, going to the eleventh floor and she’s waited till they’re alone to speak, “Everyone in this department is nice, but the chief has a very bad temper and a fool mouth. You should be careful around her. That’s my only advice for you.” 

Seeing the serious expression on her face and in her voice only confirms how severe the chief is.

 

‘Wonderful. Not only do I have to bear working with him but a crazy boss as well. Why didn’t I just stay home?!’ Jae thinks, but it’s already too late. The doors to hell, -the elevator’s door in this case- open and he has to face his destiny.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

1Pill: karma hates me :(

1Pill: I mean

1Pill: I’ve never done anything bad

1Pill: but why’s my life like this???

S.jin: bad day? 

1Pill: yeah

S.jin: wanna talk about it?

1Pill: nope

1Pill: I like to pretend all’s fine :)

S.jin: if it makes u feel any better

S.jin: my day was bad

S.jin: like really BAD

1Pill: let’s see who’s got it worse

1Pill: I was scolded 

1Pill: many times

1Pill: I wasn’t even wrong!!

1Pill: many people witnessed it

1Pill: this guy I hate so much saw it as well

1Pill: wbu?

S.jin: OMG!!!!

S.jin: that’s too much!!!!!

S.jin: r u ok?

S.jin: nothing I’ll say can beat that tbh

1Pill: I’m fine

1Pill: just embarrassed 

1Pill: and angry 

S.jin: wanna watch a movie?

1Pill: do I get to choose? :D

S.jin: uhmmm

S.jin: o-kay?

1Pill: YAAAASSS!!

S.jin: I’ll go get the popcorn ready 

1Pill: I’ve got my roommate in charge of that ;p

S.jin: leave the poor guy alone smh

1Pill: only because he’s going to watch with me

1Pill: *us

S.jin: ok ok 

S.jin: brb

S.jin: need to buy more snacks lol 

1Pill: be quick

1Pill: we’re starting at nine 

S.jin: okay ;)

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“How was your day?” Wonpil asks as soon as Jae steps inside the room.

“Look at me and you’ll know.”

When he sees Jae in full view, he doesn’t know whether to laugh or get worried. His hair is a mess, his shirt untucked and crinkled, weird brown stains on his white sneakers and not to mention the exhaustion on his face. He seems in a great need for the upcoming weekend.

“Jae, seriously. What kind of internship have you signed for?” 

He knows for a fact that the last week was a complete nightmare for his roommate, and it’s not because he’s in the same team as his enemy. At this point, Brian seems to be Jae’s last concern.

“Believe me, that woman is the devil incarnate!” Jae screams as he throws his clothings piece by piece on the ground, not caring anymore how much they had costed him, “‘Jae, my coffee’, ‘Jae, the delivery’, ‘Jae, the reports’, ‘Jae print this’, ‘Jae take this’, ‘Jae, change that’, ‘Jae what are you wearing?’, ‘Jae you’re slow’, ‘Jae open the window’, ‘Jae Jae Jae Jae!’ It’s driving me crazy!!” He slips on his sweatpants and hoodie in frustration.

“I swear to god she’s worse than Meryl Streep in ‘The Devil Wears Prada’! And you know what makes it worse?!” he’s getting angrier as he talks. Wonpil is afraid he’ll explode, especially with what he’s about to say.

“Brian Kang! She worships the guy! ‘Good morning Brian!’, ‘Brian, did you eat?’, ‘It’s okay Brian, take your time’,” Jae does his best sweet woman imitation, “That witch even lets him into their meetings. He rubs it into my face every single day. That dickhead at accounting! He still mixes between debt and credit and now he’s taking part in preparing the company’s financial statements! Why’s life so unfair? WHY!” He then plants, face first in his bed and starts trashing around in frustration until he’s completely buried in his covers. Wonpil is sure he won’t come out until the next afternoon. 

Except, as soon as his phone tings,- probably a text from Sungjin- Jae’s heads pops out and he’s suddenly grinning, fingers flying over the screen of his phone. 

 

‘Definitely Sungjin.’

 

 

-

 

 

“Brian, where did you put the lyrics notebook?” 

Sungjin wasn’t going to ask at first, but ten minutes looking in this dumpster, called Brian’s room, he’s given up. The other is just enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon on his bed.

“On the desk on the far right, under the Econ book,” he gives him the instructions without even sparing him a look. Sungjin sighs but follows the directions anyways. He’s sure he has searched there, It’s just the book is huge and totally hid the small worn out notebook. 

“Did you finish the music arrangement?” Sungjin asks while flipping through pages and pages of lyrics.

He sits on Jaebum’s bed, waiting for an answer that doesn’t come. When he looks at Brian, thinking that he’s fallen asleep, he finds him grinning from one ear to the other, all focused on the phone in his hand. He’s too busy typing that he doesn’t respond to three calls of his name. Sungjin is about to let it go, until he does a double take, and indeed, the phone Brian is chatting with is the blue phone. So, to catch his friend’s attention, he throws Jaebum’s pillow at him. The victim, swears as soon as the object make contact with his head and throws it back, but Sungjin is prepared so he dodges it.

“What was that for?” 

“What are you doing? I’ve called you many times but you completely ignored me.”

“I’m talking to someone,” Brian smiles sheepishly.

“As if I don’t see that,” Sungjin deadpans, “May I ask why are you using my fame phone to chat with this ‘someone’ or whoever?” 

The sheepishness in Brian’s expression doesn’t go away. If anything, his grin widens and Sungjin is certain he’s done something stupid. 

“I’ve done something.” 

“I don’t know why but I have a bad feeling about this.”

“Well, you’re right. You’re not going to like it, but it’s too late to do anything about it now.” 

For the sake of his sanity, -Sungjin knows how good Brian is at avoiding the point- he strides to his friend and snatches the phone from his hands.

“You’re chatting with Wonpil? You’re finally manning up. Congratulations!” he slaps Brian on the shoulder cheerfully.

Th expression on his friend’s face doesn’t change, so he realizes that he’s missing something here. Sungjin looks back to the phone and checks the account Brian is using. Before he can react in the proper way at the sight of his profile picture and his own name, Brian has already flown out of bed and hid in the closet.

“KANG YOUNGHYUN!” 

If Brian’s Korean name comes out so naturally out of his mouth is because he’s very, very, very angry right now.

“Come out of there right now!” he knocks on the closet’s door, “Everyone know your preference, no need to hide there again. Now come out!”

“You’re going to kill me.” 

“You know me too well.”

“But you’ll end up without a producer.”

“Sorry to break it to you, but you’re not the only producer who’s willing to work with me.”

“Considering how much you pay, I’m the only one who can keep up with your temper and antics.”

Ok, Brian has won this argument, “Fine! I won’t kill you so just come out!”

The door open slightly and Brian’s head peeks from inside he closet. When he sees that Sungjin is keeping a safe distance he steps out of his hideout. 

“Now explain yourself,” the older demands, arms crossed and gaze already disapproving.

“Well, I really don’t know why I did it. I just thought that maybe after that show you did together he won’t reject the campus superstar and I’ll have a chance to talk to him, even if it’s behind a screen,” Brian tries to keep it short. He doesn’t have a better excuse anyways.

“Did it occur to you that maybe one day you’ll have to meet? How are you going to react then? For him right now, Brian is a complete stranger while Sungjin is a friend or whatever you guys are now. What if I didn’t catch you today and he comes to me one day and I blow up your cover? Haven’t you thought about all these possibilities?” 

Dejected, Brian hangs his head low and replies in a small voice, “I just wanted to talk to him that’s all. It was a reckless move I know.”

Sungjin sighs deeply, not knowing what to do anymore. 

“Alright, I’ll try to avoid him and you, young man,” he jabs his index in Brian’s chest, “You end this mess as soon as possible! Understood?”

Nod Nod.

“Alright. I’m going then. And you finish your work fast Mr. Producer, time is ticking.”

 

 

 

-

 

 

S.jin: have u ever done smthg stupid?

1Pill: all the time?

1Pill: HAHAHAHA 

1Pill: I’m already doing smthg stupid atm

S.jin: no

S.jin: I mean 

S.jin: smthg totally reckless and u regret but can’t undo and don’t want to

S.jin: ????

1Pill: oh I get what u mean!

1Pill: I’m doing it atm as well xD

1Pill: sometimes u just have to be stupid to live without regrets u know

S.jin: weirdly that made sense lol

1Pill: just say it

1Pill: I’m a genius! 

S.jin: I’m a genius!

1Pill: nooo

1Pill: didn’t mean it like that!!!

S.jin: I know :p 

S.jin: we’re probably not talking about the same thing 

S.jin: but thanks =)

1Pill: anytime dude ;)

 

 

-

 

 

 

It’s already the second week of his internship yet Brian still wakes up excited. He’s loving the professional experience so far, especially the part where a certain Park Jaehyung is included. Everyday, he leaves the dorms early, not for the sake of being early but for the sake of starting the day with annoying Jae. The latter takes the bus for work, so he’s always late, thus the scolding from their chief. Brian on the other hand, drives his motorcycle to work so it takes him way less time than Jae to reach the company. He slows downs as soon as he catches sight of Jae’s back. He’s walking on the pavement, unbothered, but not for so long

“YAH PARK JAEHYUNG!” Brian screams, startling the taller.

“Stop doing this you !” Jae screams back.

“Enjoy being late, loser!” Brian throws one last smirk in Jae’s direction then drives away, leaving nothing but dust, and a very angry Jae, behind him. 

 

Brian can’t help it. Teasing Jae is his guilty pleasure, and it became a habit for him. He’s always been the playful annoying type, and Jae’s reactions happen to be his favorite, he’s even sorted them into levels. In the first one there’s the small frowns on his forehead and lips and the silent glares that look anything but threatening. Jae at remaining at this level and quickly moves to the second one. Here comes the sarcastic counterattacks, and to be very honest, his comebacks are so good that Brian has to start provoking him, hitting certain spots - not the sensitive ones per se but the ones he’s sure affect Jae the most- thus, moving them to the next level. The taller changes tone and starts throwing empty threats and swears at him. Brian used to stop at this level, but then he’s tried provoking him more and he’s discovered a new level. The fourth level is where Jae gets physical. It’s nothing  harmful so far. There’s the collar grab and the random-stuff throwing, and there’s that one time where he’s actually punched him. It was too weak it didn’t even hurt or bruise. 

 

Brian is sure he’s nearing the next level and can’t wait to experience it.

 

 

 

-

 

 

“Yoon Dowoon! Come here right now!” 

The yell booms through the small apartment and soon the thudding of feet running echoes back. Dowoon is on panic mode when he stops in front of a fuming Sungjin. 

“What’s wrong, hyung?” he asks worriedly. 

“What’s wrong?” Sungjin repeats, narrowing is eyes, “Maybe if you look around you you’ll know what’s wrong.”

Dowoon, still clueless, does so. At first, he’s unfazed by the sight of the scattered clothes on the floor, the long forgotten textbooks on the couch, the leftovers from lunch on the kitchen’s table, and the dirty dishes in the sink. Then, he seems to register that this is Sungjin’s living space, and his eyes widen in panic.  

“I clearly asked you to tidy up this morning, but why is it still like this?” 

The younger starts mumbling but Sungjin doesn’t understand a word. It’s probably apologies or excuses. He doesn’t care. He sighs loudly, deciding not to lecture him for once, “I’ll go do some grocery shopping. I want this place to shine by the time I come back.”

“Okay hyung!” Dowoon salutes him, and starts running around the place picking his belongings at the speed of a lightning.

 

Sungjin doesn’t know how he ended up with a roommate in the first place, and out of all of his friends, it had to be Dowoon. He blames it on Brian. The latter has showed up one day, livid, ranting about how the freshman was having trouble with his roommate, and almost everyone in the dorms, because of his drum practice. He then asked him to let Dowoon live with him. It was understandable, to be honest. The dorms had thin walls and everyone living in there were a mess of stress, caffein and sleep deprivation. The last thing they needed was the loud sound of a drum.  Anyways, Sungjin could’ve refused. He has his own apartment for a reason after all. Plus, he’s been friends with Dowoon long enough to know how messy the younger is. 

“But, it’s Dowoon!” Brian has said, and that reason was enough. Anyone who knows Yoon Dowoon happens to have a soft spot for him, and Sungjin is no exception. Also, he has an extra room and practically can’t say no to Brian. It has nothing to do with a soft spot though, his friend is just too annoying and will get whatever he wants no matter what it takes. Biggest proof, Dowoon’s not paying for rent either. 

“You want him to pay? Hyung, you’re so petty!”

“You want me to let him live with me, in my apartment for free? I’m paying rent as well!”

“You’re rich. He’s still a student.”

“I am not! And I pay him for every single gig and show he helps me with! And a good amount!”

“Stop pretending your fame isn’t getting you any money! You paid for your car in cash and you’re already paying the rent of this apartment.”

“Still-”

“It’s Dowoon, hyung. You think you can look him right in the eye and ask him to pay? And if he offers, do you think you’ll have the heart to accept it?”

And that’s how mother hen Kang Younghyun has convinced Sungjin into another mess. He shakes his head in defeat, and disapproval, as he watches Dowoon hits his toe in the leg of the table and curl into a ball, howling in pain. 

 

“I’m okay, hyung! Don’t worry,” the younger assures, even though Sungjin didn’t ask and isn’t showing any concern. He just snatches the grocery list stuck on the fridge and adds a few items. By the time he leaves, Dowoon has recovered and is back to cleaning. He takes his car, even though the supermarket is rather close. The list is quite long and he’s not planning to carry hundreds of bags all the way back. 

  

The shopping cart was filled in no time with all the items on the list, and now, Sungjin is strolling through the aisles, searching for new snacks to try. He’s too busy searching for the brand of cookies that Dowoon loves to notice the cart turning his way. The impact startles him, but it’s something that happens all the time in markets. As long as he apologizes, there won’t be any additional issues. Except, there is this time. 

Sungjin actually recognizes the owner of the cart he bumped into. Kim Wonpil, Brian’s crush, the guy Sungjin supposedly has been chatting with for the last two weeks, and the guy he’s supposed to avoid at all cost, at least until Brian fixes his mess. Wonpil seems to recognize him as well, what with the slight widening of his eyes, and it makes Sungjin internally curse. Now he can’t even pretend he didn’t see him. What is he supposed to do now? Ignoring Wonpil is not an option anymore, and a simple greeting won’t cut it. What kind of conversations does one have with someone he’s supposed to be chatting with but actually not and not get caught? Sungjin doesn’t even know how close Brian has gotten with the guy. 

‘I really should’ve read those conversations! It’s my account after all,’ he scolds himself.

“Sungjin hyung,” Wonpil says after a long pause. He’s smiling widely at him, a little awkwardly but he can’t blame him. This is their first official meeting after all, the college party excluded.

Said guy puts on his best smile and decides to act as natural as possible, with the promise of kicking Brian’s later. 

“Hi Wonpil-ah,” he starts, the name rolling not so naturally out of his lips, “What a good coincidence!” he hopes he didn’t sound as ironic as he really is. 

Surprisingly, Wonpil is more sarcastic when he replies with a nonchalant, “Yeah,” he then adds, expression serious, “ Who thought I’d meet our campus superstar grocery shopping! You’re not even in disguise. I’m surprised.”

There’s a pregnant pause afterwards. Sungjin is taken back and doesn’t know how to react, until Wonpil bursts laughing, so he half forces an amused smile. His guess is that they’re close enough to tease each other and that Brian has played the over-confident superstar card, so he tries to go with the flow.

“I’m doing this as a part of fan service, letting my fans see me in public, you know. Plus my personal assistant didn’t show up today, that jerk.” 

“Poor you!” Wonpil’s boxy smile is back, and it’s less awkward than earlier, “So, what are you doing here?”

“What do you think?” Sungjin looks back to the numerous different packs of cookies by his left, “Searching for the purpose of my life.”

“That’s pretty deep. Does it include chocolate?” 

“Of course it does. Do you wanna help me finding it?”

Wonpil ends up being an expert in the field of snacks, and especially cookies. He fills Sungjin’s cart with a wide range of sweet stuff that looks amazingly delicious. They pay for their purchases and walk out of the supermarket together.

“Do you want me to drop you off?” he offers, seeing the amount of bags the other is holding.

“It’s okay, the dorms are just there. I can handle this.”

“I know you can, but it’s not everyday that Park Sungjin offers you a ride,” he adds a wink at the end, gaining a boxy grin from Wonpil.

“You’re goddamn right! Let’s go Mr. Superstar!”

They load their bags in the trunk then get in the car. Sungjin can’t believe the idea that crosses his mind, or that he lets it escape his lips, but he does anyways, “What about we grab dinner together?” 

Wonpil is obviously taken back and hesitant at first, but then he flashes another one of his bright smiles, “Is that another exclusive offer?” Sungjin shrugs in response as he starts the car.

“I’m in, as long as it’s noodles, and you’re paying,” the younger adds.

Surprising himself further, Sungjin doesn’t oppose and drives them to the nearest noodles restaurant in the area. Turns out they’re both regulars, so they don’t have any problem ordering. The conversation is light and sarcastic but interesting. Brian’s long rants about his crush are proving to be useful for once, and are preventing Sungjin from embarrassing himself. It may be his imagination, but just like him, Wonpil is avoiding bringing any of their- inexistent- previous conversations or anything they supposedly had talked about before. 

They eat and talk for a while, and Sungjin doesn’t regret his decision the least, even when he pays for both of them. Wonpil is interesting, to say the least. He’s also good looking. Brian has an eye for attractive people after all, and Wonpil is definitely one of them, even if his smile can be too wide sometimes and his eyes are slightly crossed. Sungjin thinks they can be really good friends.

“OH MY GOD!” Wonpil freaks out as soon as he checks the time, “I totally forgot about him!” 

“What’s wrong?” he asks, following Wonpil to the car.

“I was supposed to cook dinner for Jae but totally forgot! He’ll kill me if he comes back and doesn’t find food! Can you drive fast?”

He nods and speeds up immediately. Another person Brian likes to rant about, a lot, is Jae. In fact, Brian has probably mentioned Jae way before and way more than he’s mentioned Wonpil. Sungjin has always found the situation ironic, Brian’s crush and Brian’s arch enemy being roommates and best friends as well. That’s some dirty game of fate. Sungjin can’t wait to see how it turns out later. 

“Thank for the dinner, and ride, hyung! Good nigh!” Wonpil flies away with his grocery bags, panic mode on.

 

The elder chuckles at the comic sight then drives away, thinking of how to tell Brian about his encounter slash date with Wonpil without getting killed.

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

Second Flashback:

 

“AAAACHOOOOOO!!”

Even though he’s wearing a face mask, Wonpil can’t help but fear for his health. Jae’s sneezes must have the whole room covered in germs by now, he’s sure. He can’t afford falling sick with the midterms looming in the corner. He shoves a pill and a glass of water in his sick friend’s direction, “Just take your meds and go back to sleep, okay?” 

“You just wanna get rid of me, right?”

Wonpil just grins. Jae knows very well that he hates being his nurse whenever he falls sick. It doesn’t help that the taller tends to become more demanding and annoying. He pitches his laptop on his way to his bed, intending to waste some time watching Youtube or whatever. 

“Oh. I met the famous Brian,” he says in amusement.

“What? When and where did that happen?”

“At the diner earlier. The place was too jammed so we shared a table,”  then  he adds “He seemed nice,” just for the fun of seeing Jae’s reaction. 

“You know, you can’t use the word ’nice’ to describe Brian Kang. He’s a grade A . That just a facade he uses in public. Only I know his true self. The evil, rude side of him. Next time you see him divert your eyes or run away or something. Even breathing the same air as him is dangerous.”

Wonpil rolls his eyes, “Whatever.” 

He diverts his attention back to his laptop. However, he notices something that makes him surrender to the temptation of annoying Jae, again.

“You won’t believe who’s just sent me request on Facebook?” 

Jae hums weakly, eyes already fluttering. 

“Brian Kang.”

“Brian who?” the almost sleeping guy asks, voice slurred.

“Jae. How many Brian Kangs do you know, exactly?” 

Jae is visibly fighting sleep, and then, as he processes the words and name he just heard, he sits up so suddenly he gets dizzy and has to lay back down.

“ING HEADACHE!” he swears as he holds his head. However, he recovers quickly and asks, bewildered, “You’re kidding, right?”

 

Wonpil, definitely enjoying the situation, turns the screen to his direction, although he highly doubts that Jae can see without his glasses from afar. He’s right,  the other is almost burying his head in the screen just a second later.

“Holy ! What does that bastard want from you?” he eyes Wonpil in suspicion, “Are you hiding something from me?”

“No, not really.”

“I don’t believe you for a second.”

“Well, we kind of talked. Not for so long though. But judging from this, he probably likes me.” 

Honestly speaking, Wonpil had felt the special way Brian kept looking at him, but didn’t give it much thoughts. He’s used to that kind of look anyways. But the main reason he’s pointing it out, is to tease the taller, because no matter how calm and peaceful Jae is, any mention of Brian’s name will turn him into the most spiteful person on earth. It’s really interesting and fun to watch. 

“What? Likes you?!” Jae’s straight on panicking, “No, I can’t let my best friend associate with that jerk! You reject that right here right now!” he demands.

“What? Why would I do that?” Wonpil starts to feel bad for the guy, “He did nothing wrong for me and was really friendly. I can’t just reject him because my roommate doesn’t stand him!” he protests, but Jae’s having nothing of it.

“It’s either me or him. You have to decide. Now.” 

The stern expression on Jae’s face and the seriousness of his words almost makes him chuckle. The whole situation is ridiculous. Before he can ‘decide’, Jae snatches the laptop from him and deletes the request. 

“You were taking too long to decide,” he then hands him back the device and goes back to his bed, like nothing happened.

“Good night!” he says in a too cheerful tone. 

Wonpil is too baffled to react to whatever Jae has just done, ‘Sometimes I wonder why we’re even friends.’

Apparently exhausted, Jae is fast to fall asleep, his snores already filling the room.

‘Good. You better sleep till tomorrow, or for the next two days.’

 


Hello =D I know I promised to make this chapter better than the previous one, but I seriously don't know what  happened  >_<

Thank you for reading <3 Tell me what you think about the story so far in the comment section! 

See you next chapter, have a good day/night =D