The Denouement: Part 2

It's a Freaking Big Mess

Part 2 of the Final chapter aka the most cliché thing you'll read this century (you've been warned!)


 

“I got the wrong guy to fall for me.”

 

 

The scoff, the dripping sarcasm, and the harsh eyes, Jae wants to forget them all. Even the kiss, he wants to erase it from his memory. For a second, it made him think that maybe, maybe, he has a chance. Brian’s words afterwards just crushed all of his hopes, leaving him heartbroken like he’s never been before. 

 

Getting rejected is bound to hurt, but the way he’s got rejected in made it tenfolds worse. He didn’t even realize he’s been crying until he was surrounded by his three concerned friends. The tears kept falling silently until he’s got to his room. Only then did he let himself sob openly, Wonpil hugging him until he fell asleep. 

He didn’t shed a tear ever since.

 

Jae wanted to convince himself that he can get over Brian if he wants to. So he kept acting as normal as possible, hoping that he’ll eventually go back to being normal. He buried his emotions deep, deep down, and himself into work and exercises, kicking all thoughts of Brian to the very back of his mind, hoping they won’t find their way back to him. But not having Brian around worried him, and having him back makes it harder for him to keep the act. 

 

Jae has taken his time to think about everything thoroughly. He couldn’t put any blame over Wonpil and Sungjin. Everything is his and Brian’s fault no matter what. Besides, he’ll never come between two who like each other. If anything, he’s happy for them. Maybe he’ll use their sense of guilt in his favor sometimes in the future. 

 

Brian, however, is a completely different story. He had every right to get angry. Jae understands. The truth got him angry and confused as well. Yet, their situations didn’t count as identical. Because while Jae stopped having feelings for Sungjin a long time ago, Brian still likes Wonpil. Because while the situation worked in Jae’s favor, it didn’t work in Brian’s anymore. Because while Jae got the right guy, Brian got the wrong guy

 

Sungjin has told him that Brian tended to say things he didn’t mean when he’s angry, but Jae doubts whether it’s the truth, or it’s Sungjin’s way to comfort him. Either ways, he’s sure of one thing now. He and Brian can never go past the friends limit, and he has to respect that, accept it and live with it. So he acts on it, starting by asking Brian to forget about his confession, which is one of the hardest things he’s ever done in his life. 

 

Knowing that they’re almost done with the internship and he’ll be seeing less of Brian is what’s keeping him going these days. He can’t say that everything is back to how it was yet. The other still looks uncomfortable around him -which makes him sad-, and his feelings are tearing him apart. Jae still hides the bleeding with a smile. 

 

 

“Jaehyung?”

 

The familiar call of his name makes his heart leap in his chest and breaks him out of his trance. He looks up from his plate to meet Brian’s eyes -which has been a very hard task lately, especially when they eat together. 

 

“Yes?” 

 

Brian probably asked him something when he zoned out, and he repeats the question for him, something keen to worry in his tone, “I asked you if you’re coming to the party tonight,” 

 

“The party?” Jae repeats dumbly, brain more focused on Brian’s face than answering the question. He thinks his eyes betray him because is that a blush on Brian’s cheeks? 

 

“Ah! the party! Of course I’m coming! Sungjin invited us!” he answers way too cheerfully when he realizes he’s been staring. 

 

Surprisingly, his answer makes Brian grin, “That’s great. Let’s go together then.”

 

An eruption of butterflies takes place inside of Jae’s stomach, but he tries to kill every single one of them.

 

“But I thought Sungjin will be busy with the preparations, and Wonpil will be helping him,” he comments cautiously. He’s still not sure whether or not he should mention those two, even though Sungjin has reassured him that everything has been settled between them. 

 

Hopefully, Brian’s grin doesn’t fall. If anything, he sounds amused when he talks again, “I meant both of us. Just you and me.” 

 

Those words are more than enough to make Jae feel special, and to make his poor heart do some serious jumps and flips. Yet, he doesn’t let them delude him. 

 

“Why are you doing this?” the seriousness of his question wipes the grin off Brian’s face instantly.

 

“I- I thought you’d like to go with me?” he replies in a more of a questioning tone, as if he was sure Jae will accept right away.

 

“Am I that pitiful?” Jae snaps before he can stop himself. He can already feel the rush of hot blood and anger in his veins. 

 

“What- Jae no-”

 

“Why are you doing this then? Why do you keep confusing me?” 

 

The frustration and pent up emotions of the past days finally breaks free, and a stray tear makes its way down his cheek, which he doesn’t bother to wipe away. Brian is panicking already, eyes wide and frown deep, but he doesn’t say a thing other than his name. 

 

“It’s already ing hard the way it is, Brian,” his voice is weak and cracks, but it doesn’t stop him from continuing, “It already hurts, Brian. So stop making it worse, I’m begging you.”

 

Jae didn’t mean to break down in the middle of the cafeteria, in front of Brian out of all people, yet he did. He thought he could do this, but not anymore. It’s going to take a lot of time for him to stop aching for Brian, to get better at masking his emotions in his presence. Until then, Jae doesn’t want to see him at all.

 

He can’t bear sitting there any longer so he dashes away, not letting the chance for the other to say anything. 

 

Being rejected is one thing, but being pitied is a whole different case. The only reason behind Brian’s offer -that Jae can think of- is that Brian has finally accepted that Sungjin and Wonpil are together now, and has decided that maybe he should give Jae a chance. 

 

Knowing that he’s just a remedy, a tool for Brian to get over his feelings, angers him as much as it tears him apart. 

 

Jae locks himself in the bathroom and cries his eyes out, until the lunch break is very past due. When he goes back to his desk, he avoids looking at Brian, afraid of breaking down again. He feels the other’s eyes following him. Everyone in the office has probably witnessed the scene he’s made in the cafeteria, and has noticed his puffed red eyes, and they probably think that he’s pitiful. He thinks so too.

 

 

Thankfully, because it’s the last day of their internship, they got dismissed early, with a small goodbye event and gifts. They got invited to the company’s end of the year celebration, but they politely declined with the excuse of already having plans. Jae did have plans, now he doesn’t feel like going anymore.

 

 

“You’re going,” Wonpil insists when he tells him that, “And you’re going to have a good time, maybe find yourself someone better than that . New year, new beginnings, right?” 

 

“New year, new beginnings,” he echoes back soullessly, “Right.”

 

So he wears whatever outfit Wonpil picks for him, tries to make his hair look representable, and goes to the address that Sungjin has texted them. The singer has organized the party specially for his friends and some of his most loyal fans. The location he chose is a cozy bar he used to have small gigs at, practically where his music career started, which makes it more special. 

 

As soon as they step in, Sungjin appears out of nowhere, surprising Wonpil with a kiss on his cheek, “You’re late.”

 

Wonpil grins fondly before replying, “I had to make sure someone won’t run away,” he gestures to Jae.

 

Sungjin turns to him instantly, looking apologetic more than anything, “I’m sorry if this makes you uncomfortable.”

 

Jae shakes his head with a reassuring smile, “Don’t worry, I wouldn’t miss this no matter what. I’m a big fan, remember?”

 

“How can I forget? And to keep you till the end, there’s a big surprise just before midnight,” Sungjin winks at him, and Jae is genuinely intrigued. He loved surprises, especially if they were from Sungjin. A new song, maybe?

 

They get to the table that Sungjin has reserved for them-one with a very good view of the stage - and order a lot of drinks, Dowoon joining them shortly.  As always, the youngest brings with him a lot of joy that never fails to boost Jae’s mood. If he notices the absence of Brian -because his eyes never stopped searching for him-, he doesn’t point it out, doesn’t let it get to him. He’s supposed to be angry at the other anyways. 

 

Brian appears just a few minutes before Sungjin’s performance starts, carrying a guitar case as he rushes toward the stage. Jae wishes he didn’t see, or recognize, the two keychains dangling from his case, but he did. He hates how even such a small detail can still give him hope, when there’s none. It worsens his anger towards Brian, because that’s the only thing he’ll allow himself to feel toward the boy until he’s sure he’s over him. 

 

However, he can’t help but watch with a burning gaze as Brian gets his guitar out of its case, plugs it and starts tuning it. Jae knows that Brian plays the guitar, seen him do so a few times, but never given him any attention. Tonight is different whatsoever. How is he supposed to focus on anything else when Brian was there, looking exceptionally hot, eyes closed, and immersed in the music. 

 

Jae stares for God knows how long, unable to remove his eyes from the sin of a guy he’s fallen for. And Brian notices it. So every time he opens his eyes for a moment, he makes sure to hold eye contact with him. Jae forgets everything, and let’s himself get teased by his playful gaze and smirks. It’s okay, he keeps telling himself. It’s okay because after this night, Jae will put a stop to all the remaining feelings he has for the younger. As for now, he lets himself bask into them one last time.

 

 

Sungjin finishes his first section, and takes a little break where he thanks everyone for coming and talks a little bit. He expresses his gratitude to his friends, fans, and everyone who ever helped him.

 

“… Cha Hoon-ssi couldn’t come today, but good thing we have Brian for the rescue,” he points at his friend, eyes shining with mischief, “Actually, I will use this chance to reveal something very important,” Sungjin gets serious, and only then does Jae notice how nervous Brian looks.

 

“Everyone has been very curious about who writes and produces my songs for me, many thought I did it all by myself. The truth is, I do participate, but only a little. I’ll use the chance of having the person behind all of the songs I’ve released so far, and many to come, on stage with me to introduce him to you. Please welcome my one and only producer, Kang Brian.” 

 

Sungjin starts clapping, alongside with the other band members and everyone in the bar follows them, albeit confused and surprised. Brian looks super embarrassed even before people started cheering for him, and is reluctant when Sungjin drags him to the middle of the stage. Jae, however, can’t decide if he’s super lucky or extremely cursed, if fate loves him or hates him, if he should be happy, or burry himself in more despair. 

 

After all, what were the chances for Brian to be the one he’s been chatting with? What were the chances for the songs that’s been his remedy for years to be written by Brian out of all people? NONE! NADA! Those were the chances. Yet, look how destiny has been playing him so far, dragging him down every time he tries to stands up. 

 

Brian timidly thanks the crowd while Sungjin keeps praising him and his song-writing skills. At some point, he steals a glance at their table and their eyes meet. He seems to notice the frown on Jae’s face and is fast to avert his gaze. 

 

“Brian here said he has a surprise for us tonight, do you guys wanna hear it?” Sungjin asks, gaining a collective confirming cheer. He turns to his friend and whispers something in his ear, before he and the rest of the band’s members leave the stage, leaving Brian alone with his guitar. He adjusts the mic to his height, before letting his eyes stray again to their direction as he nervously says, “This is something I’ve written very recently. It’s still incomplete, but I hope my feelings will reach your heart.”

 

The last part was said in a very meaningful way, as if Brian was directing it to a certain someone. Jae doesn’t allow himself to get delusional. Brian is looking in their direction, that’s true, but Wonpil is sitting right next to Jae, and that’s enough of a sign to who he’s meant with his words. It’s not easy to get over someone after all, Jae is experiencing that first hand. He doesn’t know who he’s hurting more for, himself or Brian.

 

The strumming of the acoustic guitar snatches his attention as soon as it starts. It’s soft at first, as soft as Brian’s smile when he starts singing.

 

 

Just looking at you

Makes me smile

And when I find myself like that

It’s strange

 

As the days go by

My love towards you

Goes deeper and deeper

 

 

Brian’s voice is beautiful beyond words. It doesn’t even need any accompanying music, because it is music itself, and Jae feels like he’s falling in love all over again. He gets into a trance, momentarily forgetting everything about his surroundings. There’s only him and Brian, everything and everyone around them vanishing slowly. 

 

 

This song right now

Might sound just like

Another love song

Yeah I know

Though I

Want to sing it

This feeling right now

So baby, listen

I’ll sing it for you

 

 

Jae pretends that Brian is singing for him, that his gaze is truly directed at him, that he’s the one in Brian’s heart, and not anyone else. He lets the lyrics fill his heart with warmth, and take him higher up in the sky, knowing very well that once the song is over and he’s back to reality, he will have a free fall from this unreachable dream and will be left with his broken heart.

 

 

Every moment I breathe

Under the same sky, with you

 

Like and love

Aren’t enough

To express this beautiful feeling

 

It’s beautiful 

It’s beautiful 

This beautiful feeling

This beautiful feeling

It’s beautiful 

It’s beautiful 

 

Words can’t describe

This beautiful feeling

 

 

It’s scary how fast reality hits him once the last note stops resonating into the air. People were cheering for Brian, he would’ve been cheering for him as well if his situation was a little bit different. 

 

Sungjin is back on stage, clapping for his already embarrassed friend, “Someone is surely in love. Who did you write this for?” Sungjin asks teasingly, and Jae thinks, wrong move. It will be super awkward if Brian replies with a ‘Yes, your boyfriend’

 

Thankfully, he doesn’t. Instead, he smiles fondly, cheeks dusted pink, and says, “I wrote it for the person who has my heart.”

 

Whistles and teasing ooh’s erupts from the crowd, causing his face to grow redder and his smile to go bigger. It’s getting hard for Jae to watch, or to breathe for the record.

 

Weird enough, Sungjin asks him to elaborate. What the hell is going on with those two, seriously?

 

“It was love at first sight, as cheesy as that sounds,” Brian starts, “He was so beautiful that I couldn’t take him out of my mind.”

 

The heaviness in his chest is starting to suffocate him, and he feels like he’ll start hyperventilating if he stays for one extra second, if he hears more of the other’s words.

 

Brian, you’re so cruel.

 

Jae stands up abruptly, ignores the worried calls of his friends and pushes his way through the sea of people, getting out of there and away from Brian is the only thing on his mind. 

 

“But our first time talking was a disaster, we had a fight and ended up as sworn enemies.”

 

And he freezes on his spot, not even daring to turn back. 

 

“Our animosity lasted for too long, and then, somehow, we became friends, and got super close.”

 

The story Brian is uncannily starting to sound like theirs. Jae believes that his mind is playing tricks on him.

 

“For a while, I thought that I liked someone else, so when he confessed, I rejected him heartlessly, talking about stupid,” a bitter chuckle resonates from the speakers, and Jae suddenly feels light-headed. 

 

He finally turns around, finding Brian’s intense gaze fixated on him. Jae has never seen that much of emotions on Brian’s face before. It’s overwhelming.

 

“Now, I’m scared that he won’t forgive me for hurting him and breaking his heart, that it’s too late to tell him that I love him.”

 

Jae’s breath hitches, the words making his heart race like it has never done before. He sure as hell didn’t see that coming. Just a few seconds ago he still believed that Brian is not over Wonpil yet. But now he’s confessing to him? Did he miss something?

 

“So I tried to express my feelings through this song, to give him a glimpse of how he makes me feel, how beautiful being in love with him is.” 

 

Even though he still can’t process a single thing happening, Jae’s face is on fire and his heart is not showing any sign of slowing down. It might burst from his chest any moment now, and he won’t mind. There’s too much happening around him and inside of his chest anyways. 

 

“Well, I hope you both stop being stupid for once and get together already,” Sungjin comments, sympathetically. He must’ve know about this for some time now.

 

Brian bows one last time, before giving the spotlight back to Sungjin.

 

“Okay guys, it’s almost midnight, are you ready for the countdown?!!” The whole bar erupts into cheers, everyone gathering around the stage to start the countdown.

 

Jae holds his ground, mind still hazy, eyes following Brian as he discards his guitar and descends from the stage.

 

Ten!

 

Nine!

 

Eight!

 

Brian comes in and out of sight as he crosses his way through the sea of people, but he’s getting closer, and closer.

 

Seven!

 

Six!

 

Five!

 

Jae now can see him fully, and closely, only few steps separating them.

 

Four!

 

Three!

 

Brian stops when he’s just a few inches away from Jae, the closeness plus the difference in height making him look slightly up to meet the taller’s eyes.

 

Two!

 

“Jaehyung I-”

 

One!

 

Jae doesn’t let him say anything, as he grabs him by the front of his shirt and pulls him closer, letting their lips crash together. 

He has millions of questions to ask, Brian owes him an explanation and an apology, but for the moment, all he wants to do is kiss the life out of the guy. He can feel Brian smiling against his lips, and he does the same. 

 

“Remind me why it took us so long?” Brian questions once they disconnect their lips, their faces still so close.

 

“Cause you’re an idiot?” Jae responds teasingly, and Brian giggles, not caring to defend himself. 

 

He bumps his nose into Jae’s softly, “And this idiot loves you, Jaehyung-ah.” 

 

Now that he’s heard it so closely, from Brian’s lips, and after sharing a loving kiss, does Jae believe what’s actually going on. It may be a dream, or maybe it’s long overdue, but Brian loves him, and that’s all that matters. 

 

“Don’t worry, I love him too.”

 

Brian’s face brightens up, then he hugs him tightly, burying his face in his chest. Jae doesn’t hesitate this time to wrap his arms around Brian’s shoulders, and to eliminate all remaining space between their bodies. He thinks he has no problem getting used to their hugs, and to the way they make him feel. 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“Wait a second,” Jae detaches himself from Brian’s lips, “What did you mean earlier by ‘love at first sight’?” he fixes him with a scrutinizing gaze, impatiently waiting for a response. 

 

Brian nervously rubs the back of his neck, as he avoids his eyes, “About that,” he chuckles drily, and Jae knows he’s missing a big piece of the story.

 

“Well…” 

 

 

 

Two years earlier

 

 

 

Brian has a good eye for attractive people. He even thinks that ‘attractive’ is his type. But that doesn’t mean he falls for every attractive person he lays eyes on. In fact, it’s been a while since someone has fully caught his attention, excluding the mild few crushes he had in the last few years. He came to university with the hope of finding someone who will fit all the requirements for him -and not just physically. 

 

However, a week after school has started and he still didn’t find anyone. Brian is not desperate, no, he’s just anticipating. He also believes that if it’s bound to happen then it will eventually happen. 

 

And that’s exactly what happened.

 

It’s a Thursday morning, and he is chillingly walking to his calculus class. He doesn’t notice the rushing tall guy until they collide, papers falling all over the ground -like all the cliché school love stories starts. The guy apologizes hastily and crouches down to collect his stuff. Brian does the exact same, noticing that he’s in a hurry. 

While he’s gathering the papers, he notices that they’re all enrollment documents. With a quick glance, he catches a few information from the paper on the top of the pile. It’s a Student Transfer Form, written in English. He manages to catch the name - Jaehyung Park-, previous establishment and previous domain of studies. Although the obviously Korean name, the guy just transferred from California, which raises Brian’s curiosity. 

He stands up to hand the guy his papers, but the other is busy arranging the ones he just collected into a decent looking pile. It gives Brian a good opportunity to study his face. 

 

One look at him is more than enough for Brian to change his type. Forget about attractive, this guy- Jaehyung?- is his new type. 

 

First, he’s taller than him- Brian has always had a thing for taller guys- but he looks so soft and squishy,  and that’s what so intriguing about thin, tall guys. They can do both cute and tough. They make you wonder whether they’re as fragile as they look, or it’s just all an act. For now, Jaehyung might look like he’s the softest dumpling on campus, with his soft blond bangs, his oversized tee, ripped jeans short and round glasses -who knew such nerdy style could look so good on someone!- but later on, he might turn out to be the most badass kid around. Looks are conceiving after all.

 

“Thank you.”

 

Brian’s intense staring is cut short by a hand taking the papers from him and that voice -so melodic- thanking him. There’s a sense of disappointment going inside of him as Jaehyung walks away without even sparing him a single look. 

 

After that very brief interaction, Brian did some researches about ‘the blond tall guy named Jaehyung’ and was ecstatic to know that he was in the same classes as his roommate Jaebum. Now all that Brian needs to do is to match his schedule with Jaebum’s. He thought it’s going to be a long fight with the administration, but surprisingly, they were more than pleased to transfer him. 

 

“That’s because almost all of my lectures start at nine, and no one likes morning lectures,” Jaebum explains and Brian is determined to become a morning person. 

 

His first few classes with Jaehyung goes smoothly. The guy doesn’t notice him staring, or doesn’t notice anything at all. He’s either focused on the lecture or chatting with one of his two friends. Brian likes it best when Jaehyung talks in class -or gets forced to, is more likely. He’s go the most beautiful voice ever and the cutest accent ever. Brian doesn’t mind listening to him making all those grammatical mistakes all day, nor watching him get embarrassed by them afterwards. 

 

 

“I can’t believe you got an A on last week’s paper,” Jaebum whines by his side, holding both his paper and Brian’s, comparing the grades.

 

They’re waiting for their professor to come. Brian has been checking his social media while waiting for Jaehyung’s arrival. He always takes a spot in the back so he can stare at him without being caught. 

 

“I can’t believe you got a C!” he exclaims at his friend’s grade, “Aren’t you Korean dude?”

 

“But I’m not a living dictionary. How come you’re so good in Korean AND English all the same? What’s your secret?” Jaebum’s question sounds rather serious, like he’s really curious. 

 

“I study, for a start,” Brian deadpans. 

 

Jaebum is about to hit him bu there’s a loud scoff coming from behind them. Brian didn’t notice anyone occupying those seats. He turns around, thinking maybe it’s one of his friends. However, he’s surprised to find no other than Jaehyung. Why is he sitting in the back? And when did he get here?

 

Jaehyung’s eyes widen like a dear caught in headlights, his gaze moving from Jaebum’s face, slowly to his. Brian can feel himself panicking as they make eye contact. This is the closest he’s ever been to the taller, giving him the opportunity to notice all the details of Jaehyung’s handsome face. 

 

He bows his head slowly, but Brian has stopped functioning for the time being. All his attention focused on the hint of pink dusting Jaehyung’s cheeks. Thankfully, Jaebum nudges him in the side so he turns around, knowing very well that he’s not going to register a word the professor is going to say today. That’s impossible, when all he’ll be thinking about how close Jaehyung is sitting. 

 

He feels his phone vibrating in his pocket. When he checks it, he finds a new text message from Jaebum. He turns to his friend who gives him a sly wink and points at his phone, so he opens it.

 

JB: ur face is red LOL

Brian: STFU

JB: he’s cute tho

Brian: IKR!!!

Brian: WHAT AM I GONNA DO NOW??????

Brian: HELP!

JB: dude calm down first

JB: maybe you should talk to him after class? 

Brian: u’re right

Brian:  why didn’t i think about that? 

JB: cause u’re stupid duh

Brian: off

JB: just don’t ruin it for yourself

Brian: AS IF! 

 

Brian decides to muster all of his courage and finally approach Jaehyung after class. For the time being, he tries to concentrate on the lecture, although there’s nothing interesting about it. Usually, he hates it when the professor focuses on one student and ignores the rest, but this time, he can’t complain about it, not when it gives him a chance to listen to Jaehyung’s voice that many times, and he’s just right behind him. It’s like a treat to his ears. 

 

 

Brian: his accent is SO CUTE!!!

Brian: he talks like a little kid I might actually cry TT_TT

JB: dude stop being weird!

JB: he can hear u, u know?

Brian: but did u hear what he’s just said?!! 

Brian: ADORABLE!!

Brian: he makes Korean sound X1000000 better!

 

 

 

Well, Brian is weird like that. The grin doesn’t leave his face the whole class, and even Jaebum keeps laughing at him for being so dumbly and helplessly whipped. He wants to turn around and keep staring at Jaehyung, but that will be considered creepy, plus, his heart might burst if he looks at him from up close, so he refrain from stealing any glance at him. He sticks to cooing internally every time he speaks, sometimes mimicking the way he speaks- or maybe all the time?-  until class ends.

 

He’s intentionally slowly packing his stuff in his bag, mind formulating a conversation starter he can use with Jaehyung, when he feels a looming presence by his side.

 

“Do you have a problem with me?” 

 

The voice is kind of familiar, and when he lifts his head, he understands why. This is his first time hearing Jaehyung’s angry voice. The fury on the other’s face confuses him, and the unexpected question  surprises him, so don’t blame him for stuttering when he says, “What?” 

 

“Because if my accent annoys you that much you could’ve moved to another seat,” is what Jae says, and it doesn’t do any good to Brian’s currently fried brain.

 

“What are you talking about?” hopefully, he doesn’t stutter this time. However, he’s startled by the way Jaehyung actually rises his voice at him, visibly getting angrier with every word he says. Brian feels wronged for being yelled at without any explanation.

 

“What the hell are you talking about?” 

 

Jaehyung rolls his eyes before he threatens him. He actually threatens him!! And Brian can’t stay shut anymore. Forget about him liking this guy. No one, ever threatens Kang Brian and that’s final!! 

 

He stands up as a way to show that he’s intimidating, but he ends up feeling embarrassed because of the difference in height. Jaehyung seems to notice as well and dares to smirk. 

 

‘Damn! His height is perfect, and that smirk is so annoying but hot! why does he have to be such an though?!!’ 

 

“That was a warning.”

 

Was that a challenge? because Brian LOVES challenges. 

 

“What if I mess with you? What will you do about it?” he can already feel the surge of adrenaline in his veins. They’ve only exchanged a few words, and Jaehyung already got under his skin.

 

“I’ll make you regret it.” 

 

Brian doesn’t let himself get intimidated by Jae. He’s getting too angry anyways.

 

“We’ll see about that,” he snaps back, before stomping away.

 

Later on, Jaebum explains to him the reason behind Jaehyung’s anger, and he kind of facepalms. That damned habit of his!! Still, it doesn’t justify Jaehyung’s attack. The guy should’ve asked more clearly, and Brian could’ve apologized without hesitation, and they could’ve been on a better page.

 

But that didn’t happen, and by the end of that week, the whole campus hears about Brian and Jae’s hatred. 

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

 

 

“You gotta be kidding me!”

 

“No, I’m serious. 100%.”

 

“I want a divorce.”

 

“What divorce? We’re not officially dating yet!”

 

“Oh. Then let’s date.”

 

“Just like that?!”

 

“Just like that what Brian? We kind of went out on a lot of dates and we’ve hugged and kissed multiple times. Don’t you think it’s about time?”

 

“Okay. But I should tell you something important first.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“My real name is Kang Younghyun.”

 

“I ing know Brian!”

 

“What? How?”

 

“Because it’s all over the university’s board? Because it’s written on all of your books?!”

 

“Oh.”

 

“..”

 

“So now we can date!”

 

“..”

 

“What?”

 

“I still want a divorce.”

 

-THE END-

 


And this Ladies and Gentlemen marks the end of this mess (pun intended)!!

As you can see, I with endings :3 I know that wasn't worth all the wait you've been through but I hope you enjoyed it ^__^
I'm kind of proud of myself for finishing this. Chaptered stories takes a lot of energy tbh, but I will be writing more in the future for sure ;) 

I would like to thank you all for supporting my story and for sticking with me till the end. I really appreciate every single kudos and comment you've left <3 <3 <3 

Till the next one =D