Cookies... or Comics???

Cookies... or Comics??? { ON-HIATUS}

 

Sungmin took a view infront of his shop while trying to carry a bunch of new arrival books inside his shop.
He was about to take the books inside when someone grab it from him. He was startled that he turn to the guy quickly.
 
"You shouldnt do that you know. You might hurt yourself. Yah- think about your health you delicate boy. You bruise easily you know." Sungmin just diligently heard every single word that he say. He didnt even talk back.
"Heechul hyung... You're here? Sorry for all that. It just that no one help me so I carry it myself." Heechul pouted a bit while his hand still holding the books.
 
"Anyway... What's bring you here, hyung? It's so rare to see you go far away from your home. Is there a ceremony here?" Again, Sungmin is teasing his hyung. Heechul cannot do anything beside giving him a vacant smile.
 
"You probably forget, but I'm not. Today is your third chemo. Actually it's yesterday, but since you didnt come, I predict that you forget it. So I came to you." Not looking at Heechul, Sungmin giving out a heavy sigh.
He've been suffering from the chemo and trying to avoid it, but this hyung does really remember.
 
Whatever it is, he still need to take his chemo right on time. Sungmin closed his eyes as Heechul inject him with the vaccinate he often receive whenever he does his chemo.
"Sungmin-ah. You have endured a bit okay. You'll be fine. Trust me." Even though he said that, Heechul knows this time there's no way he can find a  cure for Sungmin. And the younger can only give out a bitter smile for him.
 
"Hyung, even though you say like that to me... It wont change anything. There's no way to prevent 'Leukemia'. And my body cant endured this type of vaccination anymore. My body isnt a strong one, you know that right hyung?"
Sungmin looked away so that Heechul didnt see his tears falling down. But the older realized it.
Deep in his heart, he know it's hard for Sungmin to face this obstacles alone. He reached Sungmin's hand and hold it tight.
 
"Sungmin-ah. Dont worry. I'll always by your side. Whatever it takes, I'll find the cure for you." Heechul wiped the younger tears and embrace him, showing him a brother-like love. Sungmin smile slowly and return his embrace.
 
"Sungmin-ah, you'll be alright. Trust me. Sungmin-ah... Sungmin-ah..." Heechul loosen his hug when he receive no responce from Sungmin. Sungmin faint in his embrace.
"Sungmin-ah, please... Wakeup. Dont do this to your hyung, please. Sungmin... Yah- Lee Sungmin..." Heechul called Sungmin's name but still the younger didnt move even a little.
 
With teary eyes, Heechul brings Sungmin inside his shop before called for the ambullance.
"Hello... Yeah- this is Dr. Kim Heechul speaking. I need an ambullance now. There's an emergency here. Yah- someone is dying here. Hurry and get me an ambullance." Heechul is already bursting out his anger when the ambullance crew give an excuse for him.
Meanwhile Sungmin is still lying unconcsiously on the sofa. He looks so tired and loosing so much blood.
 
Fifteen minutes later, an ambullance came and they finally off to the hospital nearby. Heechul called Mr. and Mrs. Lee to come to the hospital as he cant hold it anymore.
As expected, Sungmin's parent was so shock by that news and hardly to believe them. But after a while, they come to their sense and rush to hospital.
 
"Is it true? Why both of you keep this thing from us? " Heechul can only sigh as Mr. Lee asked him so many question as he reach hospital.
Theres no way he can answer that question alone. After a while, a doctor came out from Sungmin's room.
Mr. and Mrs. Lee rush to the doctor while Heechul already knows what the doctor will say. He's a doctor too, anyway.
 
"I'm so sorry to say this. The leukemia cells can't do any of the work of normal white blood cells. The number of leukemia cells increases rapidly and usually worsens quickly. I'm afraid to say that we cant do anything to save him."
 
Tears rolling down Heechul's eyes as he hears what the doctor say. After a long conversation, they're allowed to see Sungmin.
Heechul enter the room with teary eyes, quickly wiping it when Sungmin called him. He smiled to the younger to hide his tears.
 
"Hyung, dont hide it. Just let it all. I'm just fine." Heechul shook his head as Sungmin told him that. 'Yah Lee Sungmin, stop lying to your hyung again please. You've suffered enough.' Tears, again rolling down from his eyes when he saw Sungmin's weak smile.
 
"Sungmin-ah... I'm so sorry that I've to tell your parents about. I cant hold it anymore. The leukemia is getting worse." Sungmin sigh when Mr. and Mrs. Lee enter the room. "Appa, omma..." Mrs Lee rush to him and hug him tightly.  The tears that Sungmin hold, finally fell when Mrs Lee kisses his forehead.
 
"Ming-ah, how do you feel now? Dont force yourself, okay? Omma and appa is here." Sungmin let out a soft sob as he heard what Mrs Lee said. A doctor entered the room.
 
"It's time for Sungmin-sshi to rest. He'll undergo the chemo after this." Sungmin's parent nodded and turn to him. "Sungmin-ah. We'll come back. Have enough rest okay. Heechul will be here with you."
 
Sungmin nodded and lied on the bed. He closed his eyes and fell asleep.