My Comic Love

Cookies... or Comics??? { ON-HIATUS}

Chapter 1

Sungmin got up earlier than before as today is his birthday. He rush to the living room to see if his father prepared any birthday cake as usual. His smile disappeared when he saw no one at the living room.

 

'Dining room.' Sungmin whispered and run to the dining room. Again he felt disappointed when he saw his mom busy cooking something, his dad reading a newspaper and his brother with his 'PSP'.

 

'They never forget my birthday. How come they acted like nothing special today.' Sungmin sighed and approached his father.

 

"Appa, don't you know what day is today?.." Sungmin anxiously asked his father , Mr. Lee. He looked at Sungmin, confused.

 

"Today is Saturday. Why-"

 

Sungmin looked down when he heard what his dad just said. He hold his tears but it still want to fell.

Sungmin then turn his back on Mr. Lee and walk away.

 

"Sungmin-ah.. Go upstair and cleaned yourself. I want to bring you to some place." Sungmin sighed in silent and nodded before returned to his room.

 

Sungmin lied on his bed, shedding tears while giving out soft sobs. 'Appa never forget my birthday. But why he didn't even wish me?'

He wiped his tears and want to forget what just happen and rush to bathroom.

 

----------------

Sungmin kept his voice along the way to the place his father told him. Mr. Lee slow down the car and stopped infront of a shop.

 

"Ok, son. We are here."

 

Sungmin looked around, weirdly before turn to his father. Mr. Lee smiled at him and patted his shoulder.

 

"Minnie-ah... This is yours."

 

Mr. Lee said while pointing at the shop. Sungmin turn to his father and widened his eyes. He seems very confused.

 

"You might think that me and your mom would forget your birthday. We will never forget that special dates. And actually, this gift is planned by Sungjin. He said to me that this present is a returned you gave him a 'PSP' during his past birthday. Hope you like it."

 

Sungmin covered his mouth due to the surprise his father gave to him. He looked at the shop once more before suddenly hugged his father.

 

"I like it? Oh god, I love it appa. This is a dream that you've fulfilled for me." He shed a happy tears while hugging his father.

"Sungmin-ah... Now this shop is yours. So, make it a benefit place. I should go or else your mom will start nagging at me." He realised his embrace and nodded. Mr. Lee gave him  a shop key and drove away.

 

"I'll make this shop a bookshop as I love books very much." Sungmin said silently and smiled. He entered his own shop and promise himself to make this place a useful place.

 

 

3 month later...

 

Sungmin was busy arrangging the books at the rack when a nerd looking guy holding a paper stand in front of his shop. He approached the guy as he looked lost.

 

"Welcome to 'My Minnie Bookshop'. My name is Lee Sungmin. What can I help you, sir?" He looked at the guy shortly and bowed to him. The tall guy adjusted his glasses and gave Sungmin a sincered smiled.

 

"Hi- I'm Cho Kyuhyun. Just call Kyuhyun or EvilKyu."

 

Kyuhyun chuckled when he see Sungmin's confused face.

"I'm just kidding. I'm looking for this comics. Sungmin-sshi... Can you get it for me?" The short guy take the list from Kyuhyun's hand and read it. He startled as he gazed at the list.

 

"Wow~ you do like reading comics Kyuhyun-sshi. Take a sit first, I'll find it for you."

 

Kyuhyun nodded and take a seat on the bench near the counter. He watched at Sungmin diligently looking for the books he want.

 

"I'm sorry because I asked you to find those book. It just that I missed the version since I went to China 3 month ago."

 

"It's okay.."

 

Sungmin smiled at the guy and continued his searching. 'He's cute.'

Kyuhyun watched at the squatting guy infront of him, hardly find the comics.

 

"Okay.. This is the last book. All of it is twenty-five dolar." The young man nodded, taking out fifty dolar and gave it to Sungmin.

 

"Keep the changes Minnie-ah. We might meet again. Bye." Kyuhyun suddenly kiss him on his cheeck, making the older man stunned by his action.

The young man winked his eyes and run towards the taxi outside. He turn back towards Sungmin.

 

"Remember Sungmin-sshi, we're fated to meet each other." The tall guy waved at Sungmin and entered the taxi. Soon, the taxi gone to the south.

 

Sungmin touch his cheeck as he recalled Kyuhyun's action just now "No wonder he said he's EvilKyu".

He clenched and swallowed an invisible saliva before rush to his shop.