I Thought You Liked Me

Magenta Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ENOZI Crackheads GC:

It was a bright morning in Hawaii as the ENOZI table was loud and energetic at the hotel restaurant, Awedam’s. The others were in the middle of ordering their food when Eunbi and Sakura arrived from their hotel room.

 

“Well well well, look who finally decided to show up,” Yujin announced.

 

Chaewon knowingly  asked, “What took you guys so long?”

 

“Well there was a bit of a mix-up with our hotel room accomodations,” Sakura started to reply.

 

She looked over to Eunbi who smiled back at her, “...but we managed to work things out.”

 

Eunbi then broke eye contact with her as she looked down at her lap to blush. Her morning had been off to a good start, as she recalled how warm she felt in Sakura’s embrace when she stirred from slumber.

 

Sakura change topics, “Anyways, let’s get something to eat then, shall we?”

 

They called over their waitress, Chowon, and started to order.

 

The group enjoyed their breakfast as they told funny stories about each other, with Eunbi enjoying the most, as she was learning so much about Sakura and the other employees through their anecdotes.

 

Minju giggled and shoved Yujin playfully on the shoulder after Yujin had whispered something in her ear.

 

“Yujin ah!”

 

“What? But it’s true!”

 

Wonyoung, who had been sitting across from the dining table, a good distance away from them, simply stared at them with a forlorn expression on her face.

 

Chaewon, who was sitting next to her, noticed this.

 

“So...Yujin huh?”

 

“Hrm? What?”

 

A teasing smile grew on Chaewon’s face.

“You keep staring at her like a sad little bunny. You obviously like her.”

 

“What?? I-I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

“Oh come on Wonyoung, you can’t hide anything from me now, I already know. You know what, in return, I’ll tell you something about me then.”

 

Wonyoung looked at her expectantly.

 

“I like Minju.”

 

“MINJU UNNIE!??”

 

“SHHHHH my god Wonyoung keep your voice down, we don’t want the whole world to hear this!”

 

They were seated on the corner of the table and everyone else was busy chatting, so luckily no one heard her.

 

“Yeah I like her okay? We haven’t been that close lately ever since I moved into the HR department so I’ve been having a rough time trying to let her know how i feel,” Chaewon confessed.

 

Wonyoung empathized with her. She let out a deep sigh and admitted her feelings.

 

”That’s just about the same thing I’m going through with Yujin unnie. We were really close in high school, but ever since she graduated and started interning here...maybe she just thinks of me as a little kid, even though she’s a kid herself too,” she scoffed.

 

A light bulb lit up in Chaewon’s head.

 

“Ah! How ‘bout we make a deal then?”

 

Wonyoung’s face contorted in confusion, ‘Chaewon unnie has never been this nice to me before…’

 

“I’ll help you get Yujin to notice you and you can help me get my feelings across to Minju. Deal?”

 

Wonyoung took a second to process what was going on but then nodded slowly with a smile.

 

“Okay, so here’s what we’re gonna do…” Chaewon moved closer to Wonyoung to whisper in her ear.

Minju was about to take a bite of her omelette when she saw this. She continued to stare at them.

 

‘What’s Chaewon doing with Wonyoung? I didn’t know they were so close these days...why am I feeling like this anyways? It’s not like I like Chaewon after what she did to me...and Wonyoung’s just a kid, so hmph.’

 

Although Minju said this to herself in her mind, her actions betrayed her thoughts as she continued to stare at the two.

 

Yujin laughed at her own story and said, “You remember how funny the Halloween party was right?” She looked over only to see Minju still lost in her thoughts.

 

“Minju unnie? Minguri?”

 

“Huh? O-oh yeah, the party, Nako’s costume was real funny…” Minju said half-heartedly.

 

Yujin nodded as she knew that Minju’s mind was elsewhere.

 

Meanwhile, Eunbi had two more pancakes left and she didn’t feel like eating them. She looked over to Hyewon and asked, “Hyewon, I still have these pancakes left, and I’m still trying to diet, do you want them?”

 

Surprised, Hyewon asked, “Me? Are you sure unnie?”

 

Eunbi offered them with a kind smile, “Yeah sure, no problem, you can take them,” and pushed the plate towards her.

 

Hyewon started digging into the pancakes with her knife and fork while blushing.

 

‘No one else at the office ever offered food to me before except her...everyone always thinks I have enough food stashed around, but she’s always so sweet…’

 

Sakura had seen this exchange, smiled, and thought that Eunbi was being so friendly, just like her usual self.

Soon, everyone had finished eating and all agreed to go out to the pools soon to refresh themselves and have fun.

 

It wasn’t until Sakura was waiting for the others outside the changing rooms that she realized she hadn’t thought things through.

 

‘Oh no. What if. WHAT IF—’

She could feel an anime nosebleed coming on anytime soon.

 

‘What if Eunbi’s gonna be in a bikini, oh no, my heart wouldn’t be able to take it—’

 

Her thoughts were interrupted by the squeaky door of the changing room. Eunbi had emerged wearing a black rash guard swimsuit, “Hey you change pretty fast,” seeing as Sakura had also worn a pink and black rash guard.

 

Sakura let out a deep sigh of relief.

 

‘Oh thank god she’s not in a bikini, I can finally breathe now,’ Sakura thought.

 

“Shall we go?” Eunbi asked.

 

Sakura nodded and Eunbi happily hooked her arm around hers on their way to the pool.

 

The others saw them approaching with their arms linked and yelled, “WOOOHH~”

 

With a pinkish color dusting her cheeks and a grin, Sakura playfully remarked, “Knock it off guys.”

 

Chaeyeon saw that everyone was here and announced, “We’re all here right? Okay time to dive in!”

 

She did a running start and cannon-balled into the pool, splashing water on the others.

 

“Jjaeyeon!” Sakura yelled.

 

Soon the others got into the pool excitedly.

 

Chaewon and Nako were busy relaxing in the jacuzzi. They came to the pools for this reason and this reason only.

 

Wonyoung, Eunbi, and Minju were sitting on the edge of the pool laughing at Yujin and Yuri who were trying to race each other.

 

Hyewon was hanging around in the middle of the pool with pool floaties and other inflatables.

 

Sakura was standing on the opposite side of the pool on the edge, observing everyone as she had a towel wrapped around her. She wasn’t really planning on getting wet today, as she came to mostly supervise the others as they enjoy themselves. As she looked around, she was glad to see that everyone was having a good time.

 

Although…

 

‘Where’s Chaeyeon?’

 

“SAKURAAAAA!!!”
 

“?!”

 

*SPLASH*

 

Everyone stared wide-eyed at Chaeyeon and Sakura as Chaeyeon tackled Sakura from behind, straight  into the pool.

 

After catching her breath for a few moments, Sakura managed to find the words.

 

“Chaeyeon what the hell!”

 

“I knew you weren’t gonna get in on your own, so I just gave you a little push,” she laughed.

 

“Ugh, you’re always such an ,” Sakura said playfully, as she splashed her with a of her arm.

 

Chaeyeon splashed water at her back and eventually they got into a friendly little water fight as they continued to laugh at each other.

 

From her spot, Eunbi gazed at them with a bit of envy apparent on her face.

 

‘They must be really close to each other, huh?’

 

“Who? Sakura unnie and Chaeyeon unnie? Yeah, they’ve been best friends since like, high school or something.”

 

Realizing that she said her thoughts aloud and that Wonyoung had answered her questioned, Eunbi flushed a little.

 

“Ah, is that so? So they’ve known each other for a while.”

 

Wonyoung nodded, “Yup. And they know almost everything about each other and stuff. I’m surprised they’re not dati—”

 

She paused in her tracks and corrected herself.

 

“I MEAN! Pffft, they would never date each other! They’re like sisters!” She followed up with nervous laughter.

 

“Right…” Eunbi replied, not too convinced about Chaeyeon and Sakura’s relationship.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter