Haneul

Magenta Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura was just done with her morning routine, wanting to get to work early for the presentation they had today. As she was finishing fixing her things, she found the high school yearbook that she had packed earlier, forgetting that she had brought it. It was the year that had...her in it.

 

'I guess I could take a walk down memory lane for a few minutes,' she thought.

 

11 YEARS AGO

 

Miyawaki Sakura had just transferred to Haneul High School in the middle of her first year, a rather strange time to move to a new school. She couldn't do much about it since her parents had decided to move them here to Korea because of the job opportunities they were offered. Although she had just arrived at the school, she caught up with the material fast and her Korean wasn't bad at all. Her teachers would often praise and compliment her for being able to catch up so quickly.

 

You would think things were going great, except for the fact that she hadn't made a single friend since she had been here. She was real shy about approaching other first-years, as it seemed like their friend groups had already been established this late in the year. She was also scared to approach any upperclassmen for help with anything, and she wouldn't even dream about talking to the student council president, Kwon Eunbi.

 

Although she had never interacted with her, Sakura knew what type of person she was, the most popular girl in school with all her friends surrounding her. She had heard plenty of rumors about her, about how the school is basically ruled by her and how so many students fear her. Sakura heard it's because she beats other students up and that made Sakura want to avoid her like the plague. She was just another bully, she didn't need another one.

 

"Hey Kkuracrap!"

 

Speak of the devil. Or rather, devils. She was making her way to school when she heard the voices come from a few feet away from her. Tsk. She knew she shouldn't have taken this alleyway as a shortcut.

 

Two girls in her math class, SinB and Eunha were here to collect their homework that she was supposed to do for them. These two had been harassing her for a few weeks now, ever since they noticed that Sakura was smart. They were two troublemakers that went by their nicknames to not confuse themselves with Kwon Eunbi, who seemed to be the one making the name for herself.

 

"Where the 's our homework?? I can't fail this class now, I've had too many missing assignments already!" SinB slammed her hand on the wall behind Sakura, startling her.

 

"I-I'm sorry it's just that my physics homework took so long and I had to do that first, but then it ended up taking the whole night—"

 

SinB was furious. "Who the hell do you think you are?? Some stupid Japanese who probably thinks she's better than us just because she knows a little Korean? Well screw you, Kkuracrap!"

 

Sakura felt all the wind knocked out of her as SinB punched her in the stomach and kicked her in the shins. Then Eunha punched her in the face.

 

-CRACK-

 

. Those glasses were expensive. Her mom was gonna kill her for this, if she didn't die now. But then she began to feel a liquid dripping down her nose and Sakura held a finger up to her nose to check. It was bright red.

 

Eunha pushed her down to the ground and both of them proceeded to kick her. Sakura did her best to protect herself, curling up like an armadillo would as tears streamed down her face.

 

'It hurts. It hurts. Please...stop.'

 

"HEY!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter