Operation Iced Tea

Magenta Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura sighed to herself as she made her way through the airport. She had just landed back in Korea from a quick business trip to Japan, and signing a deal with AKBinc in order to license their software. She kept a calm demeanor as Minju was positioned at a distance snapping pictures of her.

 

She thought about how it had already been more than a week since she hired Eunbi, but she still hadn’t made a proper move yet.

 

-flashback to a few days ago-

 

Sakura took a deep breath in her office. She was about to hand Eunbi back her report on Minju and Yujin’s designs for a new case with her feedback.

 

Sakura had read “2 Best Ways to Flirt” on WikiHow and earlier at the convenience store, she picked up a teen magazine called Twelve and read a rather interesting article of theirs as well titled, “10 Best Flirting Tips That’ll Sweep Anyone Off Their Feet.”

 

She thought she was ready to try one of the methods.

 

Sakura got up and walked over to Eunbi’s desk where she was typing away at the next project.

 

“Secretary Kwon, I commend your report on the design and found very little errors, keep up the good work.”

 

As soon as she finished saying this, she attempted to wink at Eunbi. ATTEMPTED.

 

The delivery of this wink was slow, obvious, awkward, actually a blink, and very Sakura.

 

Eunbi stared at her with slightly agape, while trying very hard not to laugh.

 

Yuri, Yujin, and Wonyoung saw all this go down and had disgusted looks on their faces.

 

“What kind of ery is this…?” Chaewon whispered with a confused face as she headed into HR.

 

Hyewon was about to take a bite into her sandwich and paused when she saw Sakura’s wink, and then said, “you know what suddenly my appetite is gone, time to game.”

 

After seeing everybody’s reaction, Sakura dashed back to her office, not before knocking over a stack of papers and folders.

 

Nako saw this and stared at the fallen papers with a straight face and said, “Not my problem.”

 

After everyone has settled down, Eunbi is actually rather flattered at Sakura’s antics and is blushing at her desk.

 

'I've never seen her so clumsy before...I wonder why?'

 

-end flashback-

 

Sakura thinks to herself, ‘I’m not letting her go, not this time.’

 

 

-----

 

Sakura and Minju arrived at the office and Minju sat down at her desk while Sakura went to her office.

 

“Aaaaand the photos are uploaded,” Minju said.

 

The others in the office went on their phones to check out the new photos Minju has taken for the week.

 

“Wahhh CEO Miyawaki lookin’ real sophisticated these days~” Yujin said.

 

Eunbi was curious and decided to look up the photos on her phone for herself.

 

‘Wow, she’s gorgeous and handsome at the same time. She’s always so cool but is so cute when she takes care of her employees.’

 

She thought back to a few days ago when Sakura saw Nako having trouble with the copier went over to help her and even fixed it all by herself.

 

Or the time she paid for Chaewon and Minju’s lunch at Lapin’s because they had been working real hard lately.

 

Or the time Sakura leaned over her own shoulder and helped her out with certain formatting issues due to the new system and she was so close that she could smell her strawberry vanilla-scented perfume-

 

Looking dreamily at Sakura’s pictures, it was clear that Eunbi was quite attracted to her boss, although at the same time she felt that their relationship should be kept strictly professional, and she didn’t want to be known as the “workplace .”

 

Nako glanced over Eunbi’s shoulder and saw her smiling at Sakura’s photos and asked, “Who you lookin’ at??”

 

Cut from her daydream and startled, Eunbi jumped in her seat a little and lied, “Uhhh, no one! Just an old friend’s Facebook photos” (which, unbeknownst to Eunbi is not a complete lie).

 

Knowing the truth, Nako smiled, “Ah okay then. Do you wanna grab a quick bite for breakfast? Our shift hasn’t started yet and The Hidden Leader has some great food that follows my diet.”

 

Eunbi agreed, “Sure, let’s go, I’m not too busy anyways,” and they departed.

 

 

 

-----

 

Chaeyeon arrived at her own office in the morning and sat down to mull over some things. She ran a hand through her hair.

 

As soon as she looked at Eunbi’s file when she was first being hired, she knew, but wanted to bury the m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter