Le Pain

Magenta Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You start Monday."

 

Eunbi flashed a smile and thanked her as she exited the office. She remained calm and composed walking through the hallways but as soon as she reached the outside area, she bursted out into a dorky little dance, yelling "YES!" at the top of her lungs. She pumped her fist into the air, but as she brought it back down, she accidentally elbowed a café chair and the table came down with it, and people looked at her to see the source of commotion. Embarrassed by her strength she mumbled, "sorry," and proceeded to fix the mess. A barista cleaning the adjacent tables moved towards her.

 

"Here, let me help you miss..."

 

"Yena?!? You work here too??"

 

"Ah, Eunbi unnie! Yeah, Café NRG is one of my many jobs. What are you doing here? And of course, you would be the one to break something here," said Yena.

 

Ignoring the little jab towards her, Eunbi smiled and said, "I just got hired to be the secretary of CEO Miyawaki."

 

"Sakura unnie?? She actually got a secretary?"

 

"What, did you think I wouldn't be able to do this job?"

 

Panicked, Yena said, "No no no no no unnie, it's not that, it's just that when I hang out at their office sometimes, I see her and she's really independent, cool, and chic, but it almost looks like she's too proud sometimes because she never wanted to hire a personal assistant or secretary."

 

Understanding, Eunbi said, "Ahh so she's that type of person...I'll do my best to help her then, and I guess I'll be seeing you around more, thanks again for helping me with the chairs and table."

 

"Ah I hope you won't knock over or destroy any more things at your office though unnie," Yena smiled and continued, "I have to get back to work now, see you later Eunbi unnie."

 

"Alright, I'll see you soon Yena," Eunbi waved to her as she made her way back to her apartment, ready for what the future holds for her.

 

-----

 

AFTER EUNBI LEAVES THE INTERVIEW

 

Sakura opened Eunbi's file and looked over the resumé that she neglected to read prior to the interview and there it is: "Haneul High School."

 

Confirming her suspicion, Sakura thinks, 'So it is her...'

 

Sakura thought back to 11 years ago:

 

-flashback-

 

Sakura was on the ground, wincing from her wounds. She looked at her own arms, cursing at herself knowing that these bruises were gonna take a while to heal again. She looked up and through her broken glasses, saw a girl with wavy, dark brown hair holding a bloody hand out to her with a worried expression on her face.

 

"Are you okay? You're Kkura, right?"

 

-end flashback-

 

Sakura mumbled to herself, "Does she even remember me...?" She continued, "She's only gotten lovelier since I last saw her..."

 

Groaning to herself in her office she held her cheeks in her hands, thinking carefully about what she had gotten herself into.

 

After work, she got in her car ready to drive, but pulled out her phone to message the others.

 

ENOZI Enterprises Group Chat

Miyawaki Sakura: Guys, I've hired a new secretary.

Miyawaki Sakura: Her name is Kwon Eunbi and her first day here is on Monday, so please be welcoming.

Yabuki Nako: Sakura, you actually hired someone to help you around?? Wow.

Kang Hyewon: ^^character development.

Lee Chaeyeon: You actually hired her?? See, I knew you'd come around.

Kim Chaewon: She better be good at her job or else imma have to fire her-

Ahn Yujin: @Chaewon, wow way to be positive,

Miyawaki Sakura: No, Chaewon's right. If she's not doing well to help me out, then she has to go. But from what I've seen from her résumé and what she's said in our interview, she's very experienced and I have hopes for her to do well here. I'll see you guys on Monday.

Miyawaki Sakura: -thumbs up-

 

-----

 

MONDAY MORNING

 

Eunbi arrived at the office, ready to make a lasting impression on the other workers. Chaeyeon came by and visited her saying that she and Sakura had put together a folder on tasks she needs to complete by the end of this week.

 

She eagerly took the folder from Chaeyeon and immediately went to work on confirming Sakura's upcoming schedules and appearances.

 

Minju and Hyewon arrived and were surprised to see that the new secretary was already typing away with a look of determination and serious focus on her face.

 

A few minutes later, the elevator dinged and Yuri and Yujin came in next to take a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter