Sunflower

Magenta Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Months had passed since she had first met Eunbi and Sakura couldn't be any happier. She had never met anyone as patient and caring with her as Eunbi. They often hung out, although they only met during their break times and after school because they didn't have any classes together, which made sense considering Eunbi was already in her last year. Eunbi introduced her to the rest of student council where Sakura found lots of opportunities to get more involved in school. It was also where she made a lot of friends and found the courage to be more outspoken.

 

Other students in her classes talked to her more now too, and she especially got closer to another girl her year, Lee Chaeyeon on the track team. They got paired up together for lab in chemistry and because Sakura had become more confident in herself, the two often talked and had become friends quickly.

 

Around Haneul, everyone around knew her as "Kkura," as she asked even the teachers to call her that, seeing that it was easier to say and it felt like she had a new persona in this new country. And "Kkura" was usually seen with SC president Eunbi, who had taken it upon herself to be somewhat of a mentor to her. They actually had a bit of a deal: Eunbi would teach her the ins and outs of the school and Sakura would be her Japanese tutor because she wasn't exactly doing the best in her Japanese class (she decided to fulfill the language requirement just now). And it would come in handy because student council was heavily involved in facilitating the Japanese exchange program they had. Sakura secretly was a bit hesitant to teach her Japanese because she thought she was adorable doing her best to speak the language. But a deal's a deal and the two kept this up for a while.

 

Sakura was heading to the cafeteria during lunch one day when she saw the student council president, attracting attention to her booth, asking others to purchase her baked goods to support the Japanese exchange program. The girl moved her head and saw Sakura, her smile grew bigger as she yelled, "Kkura-chan!" Sakura kept a smile on her own face as she approached the table.

 

"Kkura-chan, wanna hang out at the carnival later after I'm done with this? They don't come to town very often, so we should go while we can!"

 

"Ehhh? But we have 5th period to get to though."

 

"Don't worry about that Kkura, you don't have an exam for that class today, don't you? I'll pull some strings or something, I am the president after all."

 

Lee Kaeun, the vice president and Eunbi's second-in-command heard this after selling some muffins to someone and turned to smirk at the two girls. "Of course you would do this for her, as expected of Eunbi's favorite baby."

 

Sakura's face turned red at the comment and she shook her hands around in protest. "H-huh?? You've got it all wrong, i-it's nothing like that at all-"

 

Eunbi hooked her arm around Sakura's, "Come on Kkura-chan, let's go!" and she dragged her off campus. Kaeun simply chuckled at this.

 

'She didn't deny it...' Sakura thought.

 

.....

 

It was Sakura's first time at a carnival. She was in awe. There were so many rides and carnival games to play for prizes. She didn't play games much because she usually put that time into studying. Eunbi had gotten them some tickets and the two spent an hour going on various rides. The even played a few games here and there. Sakura found out that Eunbi was unusually strong, setting a new record on the "Test Your Strength" meter and winning a pound of candy. Sakura didn't know games could be this fun.

 

"Step right up folks! Three balls for one ticket only! That's right, three chances for one ticket only!" A guy in charge of a game was calling out to more people.

 

"What about you, young miss? Wanna try the game to win a cute plushie for your girlfriend?"

 

Sakura was once again caught off guard by another person's comment. "W-wha...? Sir you got it all wrong, she's not my—"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter