My First and Last

Magenta Papers
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sakura and Chaeyeon were studying at Chaeyeon's house, getting ready for their chemistry final. All of a sudden, Chaeyeon decided to switch gears a bit.

 

"Kkura do you wanna help me write a song for bit? We've been studying for a while so this could be a good way to take a break from all those formulas."

 

"I didn't know you wrote songs Chaeyeon," Sakura said, impressed by what she just found out.

 

Chaeyeon smiled. "There's a lot of things you don't know about me." 

 

A few minutes passed as they were getting into the writing.

 

"So you want it to be like a break up song, but there's obviously still lots of feelings left?"

 

"Yup. Now what would be some good lyrics for this tune?" Chaeyeon asked as she played a small pre-recorded part from her phone that she played on the piano.

 

"Hmm maybe...I don't want to see your face anymore because if I do, I'll fall in love with you all over again." Sakura wrote it down on her notebook for her.

 

"I don't want to see your face anymore~because if I do, I'll fall in love with you all over again~." She sang over the instrumental. "Like that?"

 

"Yeah, yeah that sounds good."

 

*bzzt bzzt*

 

Sakura opened her phone to see a text from Eunbi but realized she had to go to the bathroom quickly.

 

"Hey can I use your bathroom real quick?"

 

"Yeah sure, it's down the hall, on your left."

 

"Thanks," she left in a hurry.

 

Chaeyeon looked on her bed and saw that Sakura had left her phone unlocked in a haste. Glancing around to see if Sakura was coming back any time soon, Chaeyeon reached over and grabbed the phone from the bed and proceeded to commit one of the biggest mistakes of her life. Sakura had received a text, and from context clues, she could tell it was from Eunbi. She read the message and started to type.

 

.....

 

Eunbi stated at her phone. The tears. They wouldn't stop flowing. They wouldn't stop streaming down her face. Perfect teardrops fell onto her phone screen. How could Kkura say those things? Kkura would never say those things to her...right? She needed to see her. She needed to hear it from her that she didn't want to be friends anymore. She couldn't reply to the texts now. No snarky or witty comeback to see if she was just joking. It just hurt too much to even read them again.

 

.....

 

Chaeyeon quickly deleted all those texts. It looked like Eunbi wasn't ever gonna reply to them. She had a sinking feeling in her stomach. Sakura emerged from the bathroom, ready to continue srudying. After a few moments she spoke again. "You know I'm not too good at this stuff, but maybe if you asked President Eunbi about this she'd be happy to help you. I heard she plays guitar and stuff too..."

 

"I know about you and President Eunbi."

 

"H-huh?? What are you talking about? I'm just saying what I've heard from rumors..." Sakura's eyes wandered. What does she mean that she knows? Knows what? About her feelings for her? Oh no. If Chaeyeon knew, then what about...

 

"I know you like her Kkura."

 

Damn. Caught.

 

"I..." Sakura was speechless. What was she supposed to say in this situation?

 

"But you should stay away from her."

 

Sakura's head darted up in surprise. What was her friend saying? Chaeyeon had no business in her relationship with Eunbi. She even tried hiding that she was really close to Eunbi from her.

 

"What do you mean? She's like my mentor, a close friend, someone I really look up to—"

 

Chaeyeon looked away from her. "Are you sure that she's good for you? Kkura, I just want what's best for you and she's clearly not a good influence on you. How many times have you missed our class together because of her? And if you keep hanging around her, you're gonna get your heart broken. She's a senior, she's gonna graduate next week and leave you behind as she goes off with someone her age. You have your whole high school life ahead of you Kkura, you don't wanna ruin it by getting yourself attached to a soon-to-be college girl."

 

Sakura couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You don't know anything. You don't know anything about her, about me. Eunbi unnie would never hurt me," she said as she shook her head in disbelief.

 

She got her books and grabbed her backpack. On her way out, she turned to face Chaeyeon. "But I see that you would. You know what Chaeyeon? Maybe you're just jealous of her. And maybe you're not the one who's good for me. Or good for yourself."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter