Little Star

Like Fall, I Fall

With the days having gone by too fast Jimin found himself flipping through his calendar at his desk. His eyes narrowed as he began to try and figure out when he would be able to request another week off. As much as he wanted to be at home, his schedule hardly allowed for him to leave work early. On the contrary it seemed that as of late, his days were getting longer. Groaning as he takes in all the scheduled meetings and conferences he pinches the bridge of his nose. Calm down. Maybe I can move a few things around.

Grabbing the nearest pen available Jimin taps it along his desk, his fingers twitching as he brings it up. Hovering above a week that had caught his eyes, he's soon frowning before he once more begins to flip to another month, and then another, and another. Annoyed Jimin throws the pen onto his desk as he lets the pages fall back to the correct month. Leaning forward his eyes despite being focused on the words in ink, don't read anything. His thoughts straying away to his silent companion at home. 

Despite his best efforts Taehyung didn't eat when he was away. It didn't matter how many times Jimin told Taehyung to eat, he wouldn't and that was concerning. Especially now that he realized that he wouldn't be able to take the other when he traveled. Having noticed a few meetings he knew required him to fly, Jimin found himself at a loss about what to do. As much as he wanted to take Taehyung with him, he couldn't just take the hybrid with him on a plane, especially when he knew his father would arrange his trips. At the thought of his father, Jimin let's out a frustrated groan. If he suddenly started moving everything, would his father question him?

Groaning Jimin leans back, as much as he didn't want to tell anyone about Taehyung he knew he would have to. It had to be someone he knew he could trust and there were very few that he would in the industry. There were very few people, who knew how he felt about the mistreatment about the politics or how much he wanted to change the current direction of the company. Rubbing his eyes gently, Jimin lets out a yawn, his head slightly throbbing at the headache growing.

Pulling out his phone, he's quickly going into his gallery. Opening the hidden album his lips twitch at the sight of the fox-hybrid. With each picture that he flicks to his smile dims, at the look of confusion or the blank slate that greets him a part of him breaks. Conflicted, Jimin can't help but take in Taehyung. Mind racing, he tries desperately to understand the hybrid he had taken in. To understand the hybrid through the small amount of time, he had spent with the others. Having looked into various private investigators during his free time, Jimin didn't like any of them. He didn't trust any of them, and from what he had heard, none of them were to be trusted. 

Closing out of the gallery, he lets out a sigh. Having managed to get Taehyung to sleep in his own room had been hard, but even then when he came back from work, he always found the fox-hybrid behind the couch. Wide green eyes blinking silently at him from time to time when he thought he wasn't being watched. While a part of him felt reassured, another part hated that Taehyung wouldn't talk to him. Not since the day he had placed the collar on him, having kept to his promise he never brought it out again. He wouldn't not unless he needed to. The memory of Taehyung crying and promising to be good haunting. The damned collar hidden in his room and far out of sight. How could someone just hurt him? Make him so scared...so weary of anyone?

As much as Jimin wanted to take Taehyung out, he wouldn't not if it meant silent tears. He knew Taehyung needed help, he needed someone to talk to but Jimin didn't know how to bring it up to the hybrid. At the knock to his door Jimin jumps, eyes wide, his heart races. Glancing at the door he feels relief, it wasn't his father. He could already hear his father's word if he had seen him spacing off. Seeing Hoseok he smiles quickly before quickly collecting the folders along his desk and rushing out the door. Greeting the other softly his phone is left forgotten on his desk, the notification missed as he follows his hyung into the conference room. Their voices hushed as the spoke about their day so far. 


Eyes wide Taehyung is silent as he watches the people down below the street. Tail flicking he frowns as he sees the wide range of emotions. While at times, it seems the sudden change of the day affected almost everyone.Taking in the everyday people, he tries to find the familiar faces he had slowly come to recognize as his owners neighbors. Curling his tail around himself he stiffens at the knock at the door. For a moment he doesn't dare to breathe, a part of him hoping that he had imagined the sound or that the t.v. had somehow .

Shaking his head, Taehyung once more resumes to peer out the window. Whining when he can't focus, he slightly begins to tremble. The fear of before once more surfacing. Turning around he peers silently at the door, the foreign scent confusing. Silently slipping under the arms of the two couches he makes his way over. Flinching at the sound of more knocking Taehyung frowns, hands shaking he slowly pulls out the phone Jimin had given him.

Unlocking it his fingers hover over Jimin's photo, just as he's about to click on it he pauses. His eyes widening at the thought that Jimin could be testing him. at his lips, his hand falls to his side, his thoughts racing as he worries. Pocketing the phone he remains silent as his eyes fall down to the ground beneath him. Torn he tries to remind himself that Jimin wasn't him, he wasn't like his previous owner. But the silent reminder of how his owner was just like Jimin before everything went wrong prevents him from moving. The promises all too familiar.

Nervous his tail twitches, hearing the sound of the pass code being punched in and the door knob turning his eyes flicker to the door. Seeing it slowly turning he rushes to his feet. Turning on his heel he runs into Jimin's room, closing the door behind him, he's breathing heavily. The sound of movement and footsteps having him rushing to move faster. Moving to the walk in closest Taehyung rushes to open the door. Slipping in he quietly closes it before heading to the farthest corner and hiding himself among the large amount of clothes hanging. Pulling a few down to hide himself, he wraps his arms tightly around his knees. Body trembling he cowers away at the voices talking down the hall. Hearing the door open, Taehyung swallows a whimper as he curls into himself further. Heart pounding, he feels himself fade away as the two voices grow louder and louder. 


Just as he's about to leave the conference room, Jimin feels himself hesitate before he's moving. Gripping lightly onto Yoongi's elbow, he ignores the curious glances shot his way as he quietly asks to speak to him. Relieved at the small nod, he waits silently at the door as he watches Yoongi send Hoseok away. Smiling, he ignores the concerned look his hyung sends him, before asking for him to follow him. As they walked down to his office Jimin feels his palms beginning to sweat, his heart racing and his thoughts running rampant as he tries to find a way to gather his words.

Once the door is closed behind them, Jimin begins to pace. Ignoring the curious look thrown his way, taking in a deep breath he turns to look at Yoongi. Biting his lower lip, his mind is torn for a minute about whether or not, he could trust Yoongi. As quick as that thought crosses his mind, he's pushing it away. Out of everyone, Yoongi was the least judgmental, his hyung was patient and understanding. While often seen intimidating, he was soft-spoken. Taking his seat at his desk, he takes in a deep breath, "Hyung, Yoongi-hyung...two weeks ago I was walking by a hybrid pet store. I heard all this yelling and just...I went inside."

Looking away from Yoongi, JImin's voice lowers itself to a whisper, "There was this hybrid and they-they had him chained like an animal. I hated it, I just couldn't leave him there and I just told them I wanted him. I just took him, I didn't even ask him. Oh, my god. This makes me just like them hyung." Gasping Jimin runs his hands through his hair, "I just took him-I bought him, like he was something for me to own. I'm just like them. Oh, god."

At the laugh, Jimin's eyes widen. Turning, his gaze narrow as they land on his laughing friend. 

Shaking his head, Yoongi lifts up his hand. Once his laughs subside Yoongi can't help but smile at the sight of Jimin both upset, yet flustered. "I just can't believe you actually got a hyrbid. Why are you telling me this Jimin?"

"You aren't like most people, I know your a good person hyung and I trust you. I know that you strongly believe hyrbids have rights...I was hoping that you could do me a favor and look, after Taehyung when I have to travel."

At the silence that greets him, Jimin feels himself starting to panic as brown eyes stare blankly at him, "I would take him with me, but if my father found out...i don't-i don't want him near Taehyung. He can't be near him."

After a while, Yoongi leans back in his seat. His gaze searching and understanding, "Alright, but you know i have to meet him right? You can't jut spring us at each other."

Nodding eagerly, Jimin is quick to reassure the older male, "I know, I know. I want to tell him first, and I kind of need your help with something."

At the curious gaze Jimin continues, "Taehyung...he-I don't think he had a very good life before with his previous owner. He-he won't eat unless I finish eating or if I tell him to. He doesn't talk to me, and he's-" gasping Jimin flinches, "I got a collar-and he started crying and apologizing. He kept on promising to be good."

"Jimin..."

Shaking his head Jimin whispers, "It isn't fair, he-no one should treat someone like that. He's hurt and he's still hurting. I need to know hyung. I need to know who his owner was and what they did. I want to help him, and I don't know how unless I know."

"Jimin, hey, look at me."

Lightly holding onto Jimin's wrist Yoongi waits until their eyes meet, "I'll help, I'll look into it. I'll figure out who it was and as soon as I do, we'll help him."

Leaning forward Yoongi can't help but worry. As far as he could tell Jimin was struggling, and he would continue to struggle. Carefully after reassuring the younger, he waited, until Jimin got the time to collect himself. Turning to leave Yoongi pauses in front of the door. Glancing back at Jimin, he waits until the younger looks back at him, "Your not like them Jimin. Your a good guy, and Taehyung, you just need to help him. Let him know its okay to grow, you'll learn with him."

Once Yoongi left his office Jimin felt a weight on his chest lift. Unlocking his phone Jimin's cursing. Rushing to stand on his feet he finds himself torn. Hands trembling he quickly dials Taehyung's number. Pacing along his office his heart aches at the realization that hours had gone by. When he gets voicemail, he redials again, and again. Stealing a glance at the clock in his office Jimin slowly makes his way to his desk. Sitting down he taking in a deep breath, before letting out a shaky exhale. Staring at the black screen of his phone, his heart aches. 


Quickly rushing to the elevator Jimin impatiently waits as it goes up the levels to his floor. Unlocking his door, he rushes in, tripping as he slips out of his shoes. Immediatley calling out for the hybrid he throws his coat and bag to the side, "Taehyung!"

Rushing to the couch in the living room, he peers in-between the two. Heart clenching, he's panicking. The sight of discarded blankets having him running to Taehyung's room, searching under the bed and in the closet he feels tears sting his eyes. Groaning he's rubbing at his eyes. They wouldn't have taken him. They wouldn't take him. My father doesn't know about him. 

Stumbling out of Taehyung's room Jimin goes to the bathroom, peering in there he slowly makes his way to the kitchen. Checking in the cupboards, under the sink he's groaning. His thoughts getting worse and worse with each second that goes by. Making his way to his room, he's cursing. Pulling out his phone, he's quickly looking for the maintenance phone number. Throwing off his blazer, he sits down on his bed. Biting his lower lip, his fingers freezes over the number. Cocking his head to the side, the sound of movement has him slowly rising to his feet. Opening his walk in closet his voice is small as he whispers, "Taehyung?"

Walking further into his closet, he feels hope bloom, "Taehyung?"

Seeing wide green glowing eyes peering at him in the dark he lets out a sigh of relief. Shoulder slumping he slowly fall to his knees. Chest heaving he's crying. Cursing he's trying to get himself to calm down. At the hand gently wiping at his tears his breath hitches. 

Confused Taehyung frowns as his owner cries, the change of the sweet vanilla scent and distress confusing. Getting out of the pile of clothes, he makes his way over to Jimin. Kneeling down besides his owner, he can't help but look him over His need to find the source of the other's pain at the front of his mind. Not spotting anything his worry grows. Gently wiping the tears beneath bright blue eyes, he pulls his hand back. Reaching for his tail Taehyung at his dry lips as he tries to finger out what was wrong. Tongue heavy his voice is rough as he asks, "Hurt?"

At the lack of answer he frowns. Tail twitching he slowly wraps it around his human's hand. Tilting his head, he peers up at Jimin.

Eyes widening Jimin doesn't dare to move as a soft tail wraps around his hand. Seeing Taehyung starting to worry, he asks, "A-are you okay? I forgot people were coming in to fix the thermostat."

At the small nod, he lets out a sigh of relief. Slumping forward, his head rests on Taehyung's shoulder. Feeling the younger stiffen Jimin reluctantly pulls back. Wiping at his eyes, his voice is hoarse as he says, "Are you hungry? It's time for dinner...let's have dinner."

Unlike the previous times, Jimin doesn't move to start a conversation. Stealing a glance at the fox-hybrid he's surprised to see him eating. Smiling softly Jimin resumes eating. Deciding to turn in early, he leaves Taehyung alone in his room, the sound of classic music letting him know that the other was slowly trying out new things. As soon as he's dressed, Jimin's falling asleep once his head hits the pillow. All his worries and fears fading away. 


Stirring at the poke to his side Jimin lets out a whine. Burrowing himself further into his pillow, he pulls his blankets tighter around himself. Twisting his hands into the sheets, he frowns at the nudge to his back. 

"Jimin..."

Eyes snapping open, Jimin turns. Gaze landing on Taehyung he frowns at the sight of distressed green eyes. Quickly sitting up, he turns on the lamp on his nightstand. As soon as he sees tear tracks, he's gasping. Moving forward, he's cupping Taehyung's face. Brushing away red bangs, he's wiping away the tears falling. Cooing, Jimin is softly asking, "What's wrong sweetheart?"

At the small hiccup and trembling lips, he makes room on his bed for the other. Patting the empty space beside him, he's patient as Taehyung slowly makes his way to him. Once Taehyung was sitting beside him, Jimin pulls the younger to his side. Feeling him stiffen his voice is gentle as he quickly makes to reassure him, that everything was alright. Pulling the blanket up to their chest Jimin leans back on the set of pillows behind them. Running his hand up and down the fox-hybrids back he listens to the small sounds of distress emitted. 

"Your okay, Taehyung. Your okay, I'm not going to let anything happen to you." No one, is going to hurt you again. I won't let them. 

Head tilting to peer up at Jimin through his hair, Taehyung mumbles out a single word, "Nightmare." At the hand gently wiping at his eyes, he closes them. The touch gentle and warm. 

Eyes widening Jimin doesn't ask Taehyung to explain further. Having an idea about who the younger had been dreaming about he only pulls him closer. As much as he wanted to ask, Jimin didn't think that now was the time. Not when the other was clinging tightly onto him, as if he were his life line. Muscles protesting, he slowly maneuvers them. Tangling his legs with Taehyung he wraps his arm around the younger carefully. His eyes flickering to look for any sign of discomfort. Tucking Taehyung's face into the crook of his neck, he begins to hum the first song that comes to mind. Hand rubbing soothing circles along Taehyung's back he begins to hum the first song that comes to mind. Tangling his hand in red locks he can't help but stare at Taehyung. Seeing the small hybrid relaxed, the memory of the few times Taehyung had crawled into his bed, during his week off had his heart fluttering. 

Smiling Jimin, can't help but feel hope that Taehyung had come to him. Unlike before, Jimin had found himself torn when he could hear the younger crying in his sleep. Pressing a kiss to the crown of Taehyung's head, he reminds himself to be patient. He knew it would take time. Eyes closing, he continues to hum, the one song he remembered hearing his mother sing to himwhen he was a child.