More then I expected

Like Fall, I Fall

When he opened his eyes for a moment panic set in, scrambling to make himself stand his feet tangle. Gasping as he falls with a loud thud to the ground, his eyes flicker brightly in the dark. Pushing himself to his knees his green eyes widen as they scan his surroundings, his red ears twitching and waiting for the angry yells and stomping footsteps that came with the shrill voice that complained more than once, for him to get himself together. In a second Taehyung can't help but start to question why he isn't in the hybrid pet store. Without the sound of the other hybrids snores, laughter or everyday talks, the keys jingling with each footstep he couldn't help but fear the worse.

At the memory of dark brown eyes and an angry scowl aimed his way he can't stop the whimper that he lets out. 'No, no, please. I don't want to go back.'

The thought of his previous owner somehow having gotten his hands on him coming back to mind had him clenching tightly onto nothing, but the air between the gaps of his fingers and his heart pounding loudly in his ears as he tried to recall what had occurred the previous day. Breathing heavily he began to breathe faster, his eyes dancing around the room as he took in familiar and unfamiliar objects throughout the room. Just as he was about to cry out he paused when he remembered that his previous owner was dead, has been dead for months now and just like that it all starts coming back. 

The memory of the male with blonde hair and bright blue eyes that had stared at him unlike he had ever remembered being looked at the very first thing. Letting out a shaky breath the fear that had coiled tightly around his heart unwound itself. Brushing away the hair from his face, Taehyung let's out a soft sound as he began to rub away the tears that had started to form.

'Someone adopted me.'

Once on his feet Taehyung's quick to collect the blanket on the ground before he's grabbing the pillow given to him last night and settling himself between the two couches. For a while, he just sits there. His eyes unblinking, his mind louder than the rain that had started during the middle of the night. With the ticking of the clock, his mind finally begins to settle. The feeling in his new home wasn't like the one he lived in before or like the weird atmosphere in the shelter. Instead, it was strangely warm, with a bit of awkwardness from either his new owner or himself. He wasn't quite sure at the moment, but all Taehyung knows is that he prefers this one over the one from before. Burying himself under the blue blanket, he tucks one arm under the pillow beneath his head as he listens to the sound of time he let's out a quiet yawn.

With the smell of vanilla still strongly in the room, he's finally able to close his eyes and let the sandman claim him in the world of dreams.

A dream that for once isn't filled with shattering glass and angry yells that reminded him too much of what had happened before his new owner. Just before he loses consciousness the sound of the light turning on and quiet footsteps has him remembering the name of the man he hoped would be his new hope, Jimin.


 At the smell of vanilla, Taehyung watches as the blonde haired male ran around the room. His eyes wide and his small mutterings holding his attention. Hearing his new owner talking about what he needed to do, he watched as the male stumbled over his feet. Cocking his head to the side, Taehyung let a brief smile flash across his face at the blush staining Jimin's cheeks as he scowled. As Jimin ran around the room, Taehyung remained silent. His eyes taking in everything his owner would grab as he tried to get ready.

When Jimin came before him, a slight trace of fear began to try and take root, it wasn't until he received a bright smile and greeting that it went away. In turn, confusion surfaced. 'Why is he being so nice?'

As Jimin began to point around the room and the kitchen, Taehyung kept his tail curled around himself he didn't raise his eyes to look him in the eyes. Not when the voice of his previous owner screamed at him to know his place. Ears twitching he clenches his hands together. 

'When I speak to you, you don't look at me. You don't talk to me unless I tell you to. Is that clear?'

The memory of a slap burning on the side of his face has him burying his face in his knees. His ears now flat against his head. 'Good. See that wasn't so hard now was it Fox?'

Hearing a sigh, he waits until footsteps fade away and the door to his new home closes before he's pushing himself to a stand and making his way to the peephole on the door. Eyes flickering to the windows that showed the people below Taehyung looked around for blonde hair when he finally did see Jimin he moved away when the blonde glanced up. Heart pounding he hopes he didn't anger Jimin. He didn't want to upset him.


Typing away on his laptop, Jimin can't help but steal a glance at his father. Seeing the stoic man staring at the screen before him intently, he doesn't say a word. Instead, as he goes back to rereading the document before him and typing out the questions he would ask at the next meeting his mind began to wander off to the fox hybrid in his apartment. Slightly starting to worry, Jimin began to click and unclick his pen, his mind already wondering how Taehyung was doing. 'Did he eat? Does he need anything? Is he lonely?'

With each new thought, he began to grow agitated with himself. 'I should have called in sick. Gotten him settled in and learned more about him.' 

How was he going to get in contact with the hybrid without him having a phone of his own? The thought of asking any of his neighbors or the employees who worked for the apartment complex he lived at was immediately pushed away. He didn't need his father, or anyone learning about Taehyung. He didn't want them to. It was hard enough for him to convince the owners at the hybrid store to remain silent. In the beginning, he had tried doing it the friendly way, Jimin never liked the idea of having to threaten anyone but when one of the workers began to demand money, the words were already leaving his mouth. Their reaction was exactly how he felt, shocked and scared. 

Jimin knew he couldn't deny that he was livid that they were in charge of watching over the hybrids when they had a complete disregard for them, but that anger that had been just below the surface was different. Maybe it was the tears, no it had been the way Taehyung had looked at him. Taehyung had seen him as if he were one of them and he didn't like that. He didn't want the hybrid thinking of him like that. He wanted the hybrid-he wanted Taehyung to know that not everyone was like those before him. 

Setting his pen down, Jimin sighs. 'I'll have to get him a phone. I'll ask for next week off and stay with him.' 

Just when he's about to get back to work the sound of the flat screen across the room turning on has him looking up in question. As the news comes on just before he can turn to his father the reporter steals his attention. At the title, he's quickly saving and closing out of everything. 

Do hybrids have rights?

At the sight of the protesters in the background while the reporter begins to speak the scoff from his father is ignored as the images of collars, chains, and small cages flash across the screen. Remembering what had happened to Taehyung yesterday, Jimin bites his tongue as he clenches tightly onto his seat. 

'They do. They do have rights.'

"Rights? Why would an animal need any?"

Stiffening in his chair, Jimin frowns as he glares down at his hands. Clasping them together he remains quiet as his father begins to complain about the existence of the hybrids that man created.


Moving away from the window, Taehyung wonders how it would feel to be outside. With the sun shining brightly and the sky a clear blue the desire to go out once more surfaces. As much as he wanted to go to the balcony he didn't know if he was allowed. Thinking about it for a second Taehyung decides he'd ask Jimin, if he's in a good mood if he'd be allowed outside for even a minute.

At the growl from his stomach, Taehyung makes his way to the kitchen. Seeing the packed meals just as he reaches for it he hears him again. 'Did I say you could eat? You don't eat until I tell you to. The only time you can eat is once I'm done with my meal.'

Pulling his hand back Taehyung can't help but wonder if Jimin ate. Making his way back to the couch he moves to the back of it. Despite the tight squeeze, he closes his eyes once he's settled down.


For a moment, Jimin's worried his father will ask why, but when he agrees all he can feel is relief. Thanking his father for allowing him a week of rest, he waves goodbye to the man who raised him along with wishing everyone the best as he leaves the company. Even with the heat of the sun bearing down at him, Jimin smiles. Stopping by to get Taehyung the phone he had been thinking about Jimin's quick to save his number into the new phone while saving Taehyung's into his. Smiling he hopes the hybrids will like it. At the notifications that the furniture he had ordered would be arriving in five business days, Jimin can't stop the thought that everything for once was starting to look up.

Having agreed to meet up with a few of his friends he places the bag in his hold away. The reminder to get home and check on Taehyung long forgotten as he settles down at the regular table in the cafe he and his friend frequented. By the time the sun has set, his face is hurting from smiling so widely. 

At the sight of green eyes peering at him from the couch, Jimin stills a scream as he falls through the open door. Quickly pushing himself to his feet he breathes in deeply having forgotten about the silent hybrid he closes the door softly. Smiling he can't help but wonder how other owners felt about their hybrids being alone all day. Most hybrids from what he understood ran and greeted there owners, but Taehyung he didn't. Instead, he watched him silently, cautiously as if he was waiting for something bad to happen.

Greeting the younger, he makes his way into the kitchen. Opening the fridge Jimin frowns, whirling around he eyes Taehyung who had yet to move away from the couch. 

"Why didn't you eat?"

Not hearing a reply Jimin moves back and pulls out the packaged meals he had left for him. Putting them in the microwave he walks back out into the living room. "Weren't you hungry? I made them so you could eat? It's late, you don't seem to have eaten anything."

Instead of a verbal response to his question, the sound of Taehyung's stomach growling has him starting to worry. Stealing a glance at the clock, he quietly curses himself for being out too long. At the beep from the microwave he once more begins to move to the kitchen. "Well, we can eat together. Come on."

Throughout dinner, it was silent with only the sound of the plate meeting metal being the only exception. For the rest of the day, it remained the same, Taehyung silent and watchful. As he washed the dishes, it was then at that moment when Jimin remembered about the new phone he purchased. For a brief moment, he wonders if he should give it to Taehyung now, but he's quick to push that aside. 'It'll be better when I have everything ready.'

After getting Taehyung ready for bed along with himself Jimin sits across the couch Taehyung was seated at. Asking question after question he began to grow frustrated at the lack of response. Deciding it would be best to go to bed before he lost his temper, Jimin tucks Taehyung in all while trying to understand the look that had crossed his fox hybrids face as he did so. WIshing him goodnight he's quick to go to bed. 

For hours as he lays there all Jimin can do is think about Taehyung. His mind going back to the file from before. His questions about who had owned Taehyung before screaming for his attention. Adding that to the list as well, Jimin vows he'll learn more about the man he had made Taehyung the way he is. At the sound of the door creaking open, he closes his eyes and relaxing his body. Feeling the brief touch of warm hands along his body, he slowly opens his eyes a bit. Seeing Taehyung pulling his blanket up higher he softly smiles before he's closing his eyes just as the other turns. Feeling a hand combing through his hair, he holds his breath and waits until the door locks. Eyes widening Jimin smiles. 'You're a softie. Whatever you went through was more then I expected. I promise I won't let you down Taehyung.'