Prologue

Like Fall, I Fall

Jimin never knew how reliant he would become on the fox hybrid he adopted on a whim. The bright green emeralds that seemed to shine brighter than the stars in the night sky, the wide box-like smile, and laugh that bubbled whenever Taehyung did something he knew would make him mad. But when it always came down to it, Jimin could never stay mad at the wide eyes and pout aimed his way. The fox hybrid was anything but annoying, he was endearing.

Seeing the flicker of ears twitching behind his couch Jimin smiled. As Tahyung's tail appeared he stifled a laugh, a look of fondness taking over his features at the small laugh escaping the fox who tried but failed to remain silent before he pounced. Laughing out loud he brought his arms around the hybrid the stress from work gone. As he ran his hands between fluffy red hair his fingers teasing the flickering ears, his thoughts fell back to who the male before him was in the past to the one now.

Taehyung wasn't the quiet timid fox that flinched away when anyone approached him anymore and for that Jimin was glad. He was also glad that Taehyung didn't bare his fangs at strangers anymore when they got too close. His temper when cornered was worse than his and that had been a surprise. It was a lot of work, getting Taehyung to open up. It was even harder showing that he didn't mean him any harm when all Taehyung had experienced by anyone who wasn't a hybrid was mistreatment. The fact that Taehyung at times would hide his ears and tail even from him in the start didn't  sit well with him, it took days possibly even weeks before he was even allowed near them let alone touch them, but in the end when it came down to it. The surprise at the softness of the fur and how loving and caring Taehyung could be was refreshing after a long day at work. He was exactly what Jimin needed.

Jimin didn't like to dwell on the thoughts that someone had harmed the overly cute and curious hybrid at all before he found him. Nor did he ask, not after seeing the fear in green eyes and watching the shine fade away. The blank look in Taehyung's eyes had startled him and after that day Jimin refused to ask or say a word to anyone about it. He wouldn't bring it up. He could wait for Taehyung to say something and if he didn't well that was fine as long as he was fine, Jimin was alright with the decision. 

When everyone found out about Taehyung, Jimin found himself keeping him far from sight. Away from his friends in fear of them harming him even though he knew they weren't like that, away from the media and their questions, but the one he kept him away from the most was his father. His father didn't like hybrids so when word got around that the future CEO of the Park Industries adopted a hybrid his father was mad. At the thought of never having Taehyung in his life and having to give him up Jimin protested. Taehyung was his, just as much as he was the Taehyung's. So in a desperate attempt, he found himself explaining his actions to his friends along with begging for their help.

A world without the overly excited and curious fox was one he could no longer go back to. 


 

At the smell of vanilla, Taehyung can't help but smile. Peering around the corner of the wall he waits for sock padded feet to sound and a wave of blonde locks. At the bright smile and warm arms surrounding him, he finally breathed a sigh of relief, Jimin was home. With the sound of the television in the background and the feeling of the couch with the blanket being pulled over, he let his head rest gently against his muscled chest. With the steady thrum of Jimin's heart, Taehyung fell asleep. 

The small moment of peace wouldn't last long, not when a few days would go by and the sight of a collar and an unknown man standing before him has his mind coming to a halt and heart racing. The fear from before surfacing just as he was harshly grabbed.