Unawre

Love Over Blood

The danger he had stepped into would remain unknown. His gaze wide and curious, while his laughter would remain bright. Slowly over time, that would change. Unlike before he would come to learn what fear will be like and the taste of death would never leave him. The first time his heart stops, the phantom touch of death would linger on him. And the pain inflicted would haunt his dreams, his screams piercing and his tears consistent.  But for now, he would remain oblivious to those who wouldn't hesitate to drain him of every drop of blood in his veins.

As he ran his heart raced, but at the sight of blue eyes and silver hair a  different  feeling coursed through him. One he had felt perhaps once or twice throughout all the years, but never so strong like now. Even when night would fall bright blue  eyes would often greet him in his dreams and when his eyes would be open during the day he'd see them in person. The flush on his cheeks clear on tan skin and the touch along his skin burning. 

Unknowingly since the first day he met Jimin, he had left himself open  to  all those who  would   rip  into him, because of  what  he was, human.

○♡●

For the  first  time, he found himself at a loss. It  wasn't  often that he found himself captivated  with  someone, especially a human.  Yet the desire he felt  whenever  his eyes landed on the human was one he had never had felt. The need  to  drink blood stronger as it  called  for him.  With each decade and year that would go by he never spared anyone more than one glance. But now, he found himself seeking him. His eyes often looking for the boy with the brown eyes and t he sweet vanilla scent belonging to him taunting. 

As much as he wanted to tell himself he didn't care and didn't want to know anything about such a delicate creature, he knew it was nothing but a lie. A lie that would slowly begin to crumble whenever he found himself within the human's presence. Despite the lie he often told himself, a part of him refused to acknowledge those feelings, b ut the need to know the other meant more than the raging blood lust. 

●○♡○●

Having resisted the urge since yesterday, his fingers twitched. His hand curling around the device stuffed into the pocket of his pants. When he hears the shower water running Yoongi is quick to pull out his phone. His fingers dancing around the screen as he pushes in the four digits. When the home screen comes into the picture on display has a faint smile crossing his features when it falls on the boy under his care. Opening the gallery application on his phone he's quick to select the album labeled, bloodsucker to look at the pictures of the documents he had taken. Lips pursed he rolls his eyes when he hears a familiar song now filling the air. Turning back to the screen he begins. His eyes immediately taking in the dates, location, and writing. Seeing familiar signatures signed at the bottom of many of the documents his mood darkens. The dark times from all those years ago coming back to him in waves. 

'Are you like your great-grandfather Park?'

Zooming in on a document every now and then he wonders about the books he had seen hidden. Swiping to the right he ignores the urge to look further into the treaties, new policies and unknown documents as he lands on the few images of red bound lathered books. While some had the names of the authors or ancient families others remained anonymous. Lips pursed Yoongi sighs when he realizes he might have to take Taehyung with him if he wanted to learn more. Yet a part of him didn't want to. He didn't want to take the younger down that part of town, but he knew he would need to. He never went back on his word and he wouldn't start now. Sighing he runs a hand through his hair as he weighs his options. 

Trying to memorize as many titles of the books he just hopes that his reputation would be enough to ensure no one would try anything in his presence. If they did there really wasn't going to be anything or anyone who would stop him from killing anyone who dared land a hand on Taehyung. Just as he closes out of the gallery, he hears him.

"Yoongi-hyung?"

Powering off his phone Yoongi turns to look at Taehyung. The wide curious eyes peering at him having him relax on instinct, "Did you need something Taehyung-ah?"

"I was wondering if we could go get some ice cream today?"

Smiling Yoongi looks away, the reaction immediate. Groaning as Taehyung throws himself at his side he pulls off the wet towel off the younger's head. For a while, as he pretends to ignore the whines and pleas he rolls his eyes. Turning to look at Taehyung he finds himself laughing at the puppy dog eyes, "Alright, alright, we'll get ice cream after I go to the library. Is that alright?"

At the small cry of victory, Yoongi begins to complain as Taehyung shakes his head. The specks of water hitting him.

●♡●

Having been summoned by his father Jimin had been surprised when he had been told to take a seat. Confused he waited until it had become clear that his father wanted him to start their conversation. Like usual his father was in control. Biting his lip, Jimin feels a wave of annoyance as he tapped his foot. The plain disregard his father held for him once more bothering him. Remembering the promise he had given his mother he tries to ignore the hurt and anger coursing through him. 'Do you even really care?'

Trying to keep himself from losing his temper Jimin's eyes flickered to the clock along the wall. It's only when he's sure he won't give in that he asks,  "Father, what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I want to know..."

Another sheet signed. Another minute lost.

"Know what?"

Ink traced along paper. Stamp dipped in ink and pressed lightly. 

"What you think about what the book entails?"

Eyebrows raised Jimin let's out a sigh. His tongue-tied as he peers at his father who not even once looked up from the documents littering the study desk. 'I can't play this game with you today.'

Biting the inside of his cheek Jimin is silent as he stands. Not bothering to look back he makes his way out of the study room and then the manor. His father's question unanswered, and the attention he had longed for before now on him when he's no longer in sight. 

As he made his way back to the dorms Jimin couldn't help but think about the book and the meaning of the term he had been recently obsessed with. While the book his father had provided him had shed some light he was still dumbfounded about how it originated, and where it first began. He needed to know more, while it had been only to learn why the term had appeared in his dreams, he now needed to. Especially if his father now seemed to show interest in what he thought on such a delicate matter. 

'Why are you interested father?'

Lips pursed for a moment Jimin wonders if he should have told his father what he thought, but at the same time, he didn't want to. A part of him feared what his father would do with that information. He didn't know where his father stood on the matter and for that, he felt lost not for the first time. From what he knew and had heard by those eager to gossip, there's a great division among the vampires on how one should react. Some claimed that the bond between a blood mate and a vampire was a weakness. That such a relationship was not only disgusting but frowned upon. The immediate and proper reaction being said to get rid of the one who could be used to end their life by all means necessary. 

While others claimed that it only strengthened those who had found the one who could tame their souls. That the blood that called out to them was a clear sign that they belonged together. 

And truth be told, a part of him was afraid if his father did ask if he had found his blood mate that he wouldn't see Taehyung at all. His father while calm is cruel and cynical to heart. He didn't believe that anyone in the family should be tied to anything or anyone who he deems weak in his eyes. And he knew, Jimin knew that Taehyung to his father would be seen as nothing more than an insect. Hands slightly trembling Jimin decides to forget the matter for the rest of the day. His head already pounding with all his thoughts. 

When he opens the door to his room Jimin nearly growls when his eyes land on Jin. Just as he's about to turn back around to leave he let's out a mocking laugh when he sees Namjoon. 'Of course, you never could do anything on your own.'

Turning around his grin is mocking as he turns to look back at Jin, "Really, Jin? Had to call Namjoon to come help you?"

Ignoring Namjoon's complaints he makes his way into the living room. Taking a seat on the couch he rolls his eyes at the piercing gaze on him. When Jin doesn't say anything he can't help the sigh he let's out, "What do you want now Jin-hyung? Here to give me another lecture?"

"Jimin-"

"No."

For a minute no one dares to move, their eyes locked and their postures stiff and just as the clock strikes both of them are yelling. Their eyes flashing and fangs bared. 

●♡○

Leaning against the door Jungkook remains silent. His eyes on the ground as he hears Jimin yelling at Jin. Head turned slightly to the side, Jin's snarl to the words shouted has him flinching as glass is shattered, "Don't you dare act like my father!"

"I wouldn't have to if you didn't act like a freaking human!"

Wincing Jungkook tries to understand what they are both talking about but with their words both so vague and Namjoon trying to get them to calm down he couldn't. The noise along the three too much and the snarls and hisses drowning out the response of the other. Taking a step away from the door he turns back around to face the door. Just as he reaches for the doorknob he freezes at the light steps and single cough that reaches his ears.

"Jungkook?"

Turning around he's met with a weary smile, "Hobi-hyung?"

"Come on, let's leave them alone."

"But-"

"They'll work it out. I promise. Now come on, hyung will treat you to a meal."

Torn for a moment Jungkook bites his lower lip before following after Hoseok. The three voices behind the door loud and mocking a life he didn't want to remember.

○♡○

Stumbling Taehyung smiles sheepishly at Yoongi who straightens him. Pulling his coat tighter around himself he holds back the question he had asked not even a few minutes ago. As they continue to walk his eyes move to every new building that comes into view. Unable to help himself Taehyung's once more asking, "Yoongi-hyung, where are we going? Are we almost there?"

Unlike before he finally gets a response, "To the library and we'll be there soon."

Lips forming the words, his eyes fill with confusion. Blinking harshly he's dumbfounded, "Aren't we going the opposite way?"

"No, this library is special. Only a select few can get in."

"Why isn't it open to the public?"

"Only those with ancient families can get in or those with a certain reputation."

Shaking his head Taehyung frowns again. The wording confusing and his mind spinning, "Ancient families? Reputation?"

"It's like Jimin, his family runs a huge business. They come from an old family. Old families have a lot of power Taehyung."

"Oh...did you--did you know your family? You never talk about them."

"No, they left me when I was a child. I'm allowed entrance because of my reputation. As long as you're with me your allowed in, so don't worry."

Not knowing what to say Taehyung remains silent. Yet a part of him wondering what kind of reputation his friend had. But as if Yoongi had heard him he gets an answer. 

"I made a name for myself. There's a reason people listen to what I say, well everyone except for you of course."

Smiling Taehyung takes a step closer, "What are we going to be looking for?"

"I'm looking for a few books I saw at a friends house. I know I can't find them at the public library and I have a feeling I might only be able to find one."

"Did you want me to help?"

"No, I just need your company?"

Nodding Taehyung is once more clinging onto the back of Yoongi's coat. The neighborhood now unfamiliar and the people they past throwing looks his way. Grip tightening he wonders why they're staring.  It's only when Yoongi tells him to look up that his eyes widen as they come to a stop before a massive library. Jaw dropping his lips parts as he takes in the name. Hands falling to his side he's taking in the symbol made entirely out of metal. 

"Taehyung."

Gaze dropping back to his hyung, Taehyung quickly follows after. His hands clinging onto him as soon as he's within reach. Just as Yoongi pulls the knob of the door, the words Taehyung hears uttered has him wondering what they mean exactly, "Don't go anywhere without me."

Nodding Taehyung follows after.

○♡●

Confused at seeing Taehyung in the ancient library he makes his way over. His eyes immediately trained on the only human in the entire building. Feeling anger for a moment Jimin can't help but wonder why Taehyung was here. He shouldn't be in a room filled with vampires. Not when all it would take was one bite to drain the younger of all his blood.

"Taehyung?"

When he sees familiar bright brown eyes and the wide box-like grin aimed from his blood mate, Jimin let's out a shuddering breath. His eyes immediately flickering to the vampires walking pass the table. Their eyes locked on Taehyung. Sparing them a look he doesn't look away until they are out of sight. 

"Hi, Jimin."

Nodding towards the open seat next to Taehyung he quickly slides in at the soft go ahead. 

"Excited for classes again tomorrow?"

"No, I don't see why we have to have classes on Monday."

Laughing Jimin glares at the vampire approaching just as Taehyung turns to look to the side. Baring his fangs he snorts when the other stumbles. Blinking he's relieved to see Taehyung had failed to notice. 

"Well, aren't you glad you'll get to see me?"

"I can literally see you right now."

"Yeah-b-but, well. You know what nevermind."

Cheeks flushing Jimin looks away at the laugh that reaches his ears and brown eyes that staring at him with so many emotions. Ignoring the quietly uttered, your funny, he turns back to face Taehyung. 

Finally unable to keep himself from asking he turns to sweep his gaze around them once again before he aims his question at Taehyung, "What are you doing here?"

"He came to keep me company."

Turning to the deep voice Jimin's moving to a stand. The chair screeching as he faces Taehyung's roommate, Min Yoongi. As his eyes take in the other Jimin holds back a shiver at the dark look into brown eyes.

Unable to help himself he quietly whispers, "You know he shouldn't be here."

At the scoff, Jimin's eyes twitch.

"He's fine with me and he goes where I go, so back off."

Just as he goes to answer Jimin's cut off. 

"Hyung, can we go now?"

Seeing concern and caution in brown eyes Jimin feels ashamed for once about his temper. 

"Yeah, I got what I needed."

Eyes trained on Taehyung his smile is forced when he waves good-bye. The slight hurt in brown eyes bothering. ', I didn't mean it like that.'

The exchange between him and Yoongi nothing but a stiff nod. When Yoongi and Taehyung begin to leave his eyes remain on them. The scent of vanilla strong in the air, along with the steady heartbeat the only one in the entire library. It isn't until black and brown hair are no longer in view that his shoulders slump. The sound of Taehyung's heartbeat no longer reaching his ears when the other is far too out of reach. 

'Why did you bring him here? He could have died.'

○♡○

After having gone for the promised ice cream his hyung had promised Taehyung and Yoongi had slowly made their way to his job. Having promised to call Yoongi for a ride after covering for Wheein for a few hours he begins to work. As the hours go by he bakes and washes dishes, before being asked to wipe down the tables before leaving. As he moved from table to table Taehyung quietly began to hum. The shift for once not busy, and the day slow as the sky began to darken ad rain began to fall. When the bell rings he doesn't turn, his voice soft as he greets the customer.  

At the tap, to his shoulder, Taehyung turns around. The sight of bright red hair new and the wide grin and brown eyes unknown to him. Taking a step back he sends a nervous smile before bring the wet cloth to the pocket of his apron.

"H-hi!"

Taking the hand extended Taehyung relaxes at the friendly personality and kind eyes, "I'm Hoseok."

"I'm Taehyung."

"So I was wondering, what do you recommend?"

Smiling Taehyung makes his way to the counter. His voice bright as he begins to ask Hoseok whether he prefers coffee, smoothies or ice drinks. It's only once he's told the older male what he believes he would like that he begins to get everything in order. The conversation between them light, and Taehyung unaware of the observant eyes of the vampire before him. 

○♡●

 

At the end of the day, everyone remained unaware of the beginning of the game that had started.