Rumors

Love Over Blood

Moving around his room, Jimin glances once at the clock on the wall before fixing the collar of his shirt. Smoothing out the small wrinkles he can't help but groan. Since that day in the alley, he hasn't seen the boy. Hasn't been able to forget about him. A part of him is angry, bothered about it. He doesn't understand how he can be so worked up about the male when he had merely only seen and touched him once. His determination to stay away from the apartment drenched in the overpowering smell of vanilla has yet to waver, but at the reminder of another scent clinging to the apartment has his urge slightly depleting. Making his way to his bag, Jimin once more starts the routine of collecting his books before arranging them in his bag. As he worked his mind went back to that night.

●♡● 

Pulling the unconscious boy in his arms Jimin stands. Arms cradling and pulling Taehyung against his chest. With the slow steady sound of his heartbeat, he turns on the heel of his foot. Eyes gentle, at the sight of his blood he doesn't feel the urge for a taste, instead, he feels the need to protect, he can only hope that the feeling stays at least until he's sure the Taehyung is no longer in danger. Words gentle Jimin softly whispers to the unknowing boy, "Time to get you home, Taehyung."

Moving past the dead men he continues down the route Taehyung was going to take. Ears strained, and muscles tightening at the sound of glass breaking. When familiar green eyes stare at him from the shadows his tensed shoulders relax, and the claws he had extended retract. Smiling softly, he continues on, the soft meow and padded feet following after him. 

"Curry, I can't play now."

At the narrowing eyes and soft meow, Jimin laughs when he glances back to the sight of bright orange fur now nestled between trashcans and tail slowly moving. "I'll come by sometime later, Taehyung needs me right now."

When he's finally out of the alley Jimin sends a bright smile to the lady opening staring at him. He knows it doesn't look good, he's sure some of Taehyung's blood is visible. Ignoring the curious looks from those still out in the street he keeps his eyes straight ahead, the concerned discussion loud and clear in the dead of the night. Slightly hurrying his steps he hopes that the eyes following doesn't have anyone moving towards him or the alley they just left. If they did he'd have to get away as far as he could and fast. As he holds Taehyung against his chest, the blow of the wind and the shiver in response from the boy has his arms tightening instinctively. Pausing under a streetlight he s his jacket without letting go. Slowly he moves him until at least a small amount of him is covered. As much as he'd like to take off his coat and wrap Taehyung in it, he knew it would be better for him to get him home fast.  At the smell of vanilla increasing, he bites his lips and tightens his hold. The feeling of his blood coating his hands has him pulling him in closer. Swallowing a growl he focuses his eyes on the street names and buildings.

Stopping before the apartment complex, he eyes the numbers on the side of the door. Looking for Taehyung's name he frowns when he doesn't see it. Turning towards the door he pulls it. The sound of metal grating and a piece dislodging before he makes his way in. As he makes his way up the stairs his eyes quickly flicker to the mail slot, seeing Taehyung's name beside the same number as his address listed he once more glances back outside.

When he sees the number 301 just as he grabs the knob, he freezes at the smell of pine. Even with the door in between them, he can hear the light steps of feet moving across the room, the television in the background and smell of late takeout. Frowning Jimin can't help but wonder just who the other in the room was and what their relation to the male in his arms is. Pushing aside his questions he peers down at the still trembling male. Lowering Taehyung against the door, he brushes away light brown hair before pressing his nose into his hair. Breathing in the smell of vanilla one last time, he faintly whispers goodbye. 

At the bite of the wind, he bitterly smiles before looking for another person to drink from anything to get his thoughts away from going back and drinking an unconscious Taehyung in the hall dry. When he sees a tall male running down the sidewalk he smiles. Blue eyes glowing brightly and smile blooming across his face.  When the male stops to look at him in question, he's already speaking voice soft and sensual as he looks the brown-eyed male straight on, "Don't move, don't scream this isn't going to hurt."

At the first drop of blood, he digs his hands into the stranger's arms. Bites getting harsher and teeth going in deeper. It was only after when he let the body fall and the realization that he had gone after someone who looked just like the boy he had been watching over that horror filled him. 

●♡●     

When he had finally arrived back at his place he refused to say a word to his friends about why he was late. For some reason he wanted to keep the existence of the boy to himself, even now he refused to use or even think of his name. But no matter how often he tried his lips would form his name once every day. He even had to soak his coat in bleach more than once just to get rid of not only his scent but blood. If they ever ran into each other, Jimin had no idea what he would do. So instead of dwelling on the thought, he buried himself in schoolwork and drank from those far away from the small bakery. 

As he'd go to class, he'd hear about a boy. A male as sweet as he was kind, with a voice that dripped like honey, and skin kissed by the sun. In all honesty, he was curious. Curious about the boy everyone gushed about. It wasn't until now that when he heard hushed whispers and giggles that he made his way over. Ignoring the hands gripping onto his air, or squealed version of his name he focused his gaze to where everyone was focused on. In the middle of the open courtyard, surrounded by many sat a male. His voice loud and deep, as he spoke. Seeing the bright smile the boy directed everyone's way Jimin felt his own lips curling. At the familiar smell of vanilla, he crunched his nose, eyes glancing to the side before another fit of laughter stole his attention.

Laughing softly Jimin let his smile widened, ignoring the small whispers of those surrounding him. Biting his lower lip he couldn't help but agree with the rumor that the boy before him was the very personification of light. The smile on his face didn't last long, not when he realized that the sweet smell was coming from the boy across the courtyard from him. The feeling of his fangs aching began and so did the desire to sink his fangs in the laughing boy's neck when he realized that it was Taehyung. 

 

○♡●

Having watched Taehyung grow from an infant to a child to a teenager to a young adult the anger Yoongi felt was immense when he saw the stained blood and bruises the next day. Pulling at the upset boy he makes his way into his bathroom grabbing the first aid kit he gets to work. Seeing the frown and unshed tears b in wide brown eyes he doesn't say anything. He can't, he doesn't want to scare Taehyung. His anger is just below the surface. As he breathes in deeply, his fangs ache to come out and rip into his attackers' throats for hurting his friend. Breathing in through his nose he closes his eyes before exhaling slowly through his mouth. Carefully Yoongi wiped at the dry blood and bruises before applying disinfectant, and quietly whispering reassuring words every now and then when the younger hissed.

Having been there of the night Taehyung's parent's unfortunate accident he looked out for the boy for reasons he couldn't explain. Knowing he couldn't replace his parents he opted that instead, Taehyung would need a friend one day. Watching over him for years as he was placed in homes one after another not lasting in one for long Yoongi would worry that one-day Taehyung would become bitter. When he didn't Yoongi could only thank whatever gods showed him mercy that Taehyung still shone brightly. Having seen the first set of bruises when Taehyung was barely five he lost his temper. The man found dead three days later as he cared for Taehyung before the social workers came for him. At that moment Yoongi had to stop himself from adopting him then and there  Watching them taking him away he worked his schedule around his. So he was always free whenever Taehyung was home.

It wasn't until Taehyung was in high school that he made his way into his life. Meeting him in the hall, he made sure no one would mess with him no matter where he was. Taking Taehyhng into his home and making it one that they both could share he would never regret it. Could never regret having to deal with the younger's bad habits, loud laughter or small triffs of adventure at random times throughout the day.  Instead, he would feel warm at the sight of brown eyes shining. 

After the incident after having talked about what happened Yoongi refused to let Taehyung walk back home alone. Always showing up 10 minutes before his shift ended to ensure it would not happen again. 

As they got ready for class, Yoongi frowned as Taehyung made his way to the door. "Taehyung, don't forget your coat."

"Oh, yeah. Thank you, hyung."

Grunting Yoongi opened the door, keys dangling in his hands as he waited for Taehyung to cross. Shutting the door quietly behind him he smiles as Taehyung grabs the sleeve as his jacket as they make their way out of the complex and to school. 

  ○♡○    

Running through the halls Taehyung pulls at his folded schedule eyes frantically looking for the number of the classroom. He really should have been paying attention when Yoongi was pointing out building names and which ones he would be using for today. As his eyes finally found the number he smiled. As he bumped into something solid and hard he stumbled back as he tried to right himself he began to fall. The hard tightening grip on his wrist has his eyes shooting up. Seeing ice blue eyes he blushes, the heat along his cheeks growing as they stare heatedly into his own. Quietly gasping, he hopes the male can't hear how loudly his heart is beating. As he's pulled to a stand Taehyung gives a small bow as he begins to apologize, eyes on the ground. 

"Are you alright?"

Peering at the male before him he nods there's something familiar about him, something that makes him feel safe but scared at the same time. "I-i am, thank you for asking."

At the hand extended to him, Taehyung can't help but marvel at how small it is compared to his. When he shakes his hand, he feels a spark but before he can wonder about it's meaning the stranger speaks, his voice a soft silky tone, "Hi, it's nice to meet you. I'm Jimin. Park Jimin."

Smiling he forgets as he introduces himself, "Hi, Jimin. I'm Kim Taehyung."

●♡○   

Just as Jimin opened his mouth to ask if he was truly alright, the smell of pine once more mocks him. Ignoring it for a brief second he lets his eyes scan Taehyung real quick. Looking over where the wounds had been. When he doesn't see them he breathes out a quick sigh of relief, his worry that he might have not thoroughly cleaned them or gotten help nagging at him. 

"Taehyung."

Turning around to where the deep, calm voice was Jimin's eyes narrow. Taking in the black hair, brown eyes and pale skin tone, he doesn't know what to make of the male. He just knows he doesn't like him. Doesn't like this guy around Taehyung. 

 "Yoongi-hyung!"

As Taehyung ran to him and threw his arms around him, the soft smile Yoongi made had him once more wondering about there relationship. 'Just who is he?'

At the smell of blood, his eyes widen. He's a vampire, just like me.'

And by the look in the male's eyes, Jimin knew he knew about him as well.