Prologue

Love Over Blood

The smell of his blood was intoxicating. Just by the smell his fangs began to ache and extend. The sound of his steady heartbeat was a song better than any he ever heard. As he watched him run across the street the urge to give chase almost overwhelmed him. Gripping onto the pole just before him he waits. 

Silently, Jimin follows the unknown boy. The racing of the boy's heart loud and clear in the dark of the night. Seeing him turn into the alley a part of him can't help but wonder if anyone ever told him to never go through them in the dark. 

Doesn't he know its dangerous?

A part of him is amused by the idea, there were far worse things in the night. 

Hearing the snickering of men just waiting at the end of the alley the desire to save the boy with the bright smile drowns out the lust for just one drop of blood. Having paused in his musing the sound of a small cry and the smell of blood has his anger breaking the surface. In a blur, he's gone. 

○♡● 

Gasping Taehyung tries to open his eyes, but with the ringing in his ears and the throbbing of his head, he can't. Curling into himself the feeling of something running down the side of his head has his hand pressing against it as he tries to make himself as small as he can. Wincing at the sting his eyes blur with his tears.  The kicks aimed at him come to a stop. The sound of a scuffle has him wishing he had taken his co-worker's offer for a ride or had dialed his friend's number. Closing his eyes he lets his head fall onto the cold cement of the alley. 

Opening his eyes after minutes of not hearing anything the sight of silver hair and bright blue eyes are the last things he sees before it all goes dark.