TRACK 7: I DON'T KNOW

Make The Minkwan

♪ Now Playing: SEVENTEEN - 글쎄 (I Don't Know/Well...) ♪


It had come to the point where the members had to force Seungkwan and Mingyu to talk to each other off stage. On stage, they tried their best not to seem awkward, though interactions were far and in between by now. Seungkwan stayed next to Hansol, Seokmin, or Soonyoung; Mingyu stuck with Wonwoo, Jeonghan, or the rest of hip hop unit.

Of course, neither of them wanted this. Seungkwan especially missed being able to tease or bug Mingyu. He missed the warm hugs, the playful height jokes. Mingyu missed hearing Seungkwan laughing at his lame jokes. Both would often daydream about each other, unbeknownst to the other. Many times, both would not sleep thinking about the other.

Finally, the other members had had enough. They devised a plan to get both of them in the same room at the same time, then locked them in said room. Immediately, the room filled with silence only made up of several sighs and awkward glances.

Seungkwan bit his lip. Even though they always saw each other, it felt weird being alone with Mingyu. It had already been another 2 months since they grew apart. The ‘break’ from so long ago was less of a break and more of an unspoken breakup by now.

Mingyu crossed one long leg over the other and cleared his throat awkwardly. Seungkwan tried not to stare, somehow managing to forget just how long Mingyu’s legs were. He his lips, trying to think of what to say but nothing wanted to come out. Mingyu rose to his feet, ready to head towards the door and try to open it, or maybe try to convince someone to let him out. His chest hurt.

“Hyung…” Seungkwan’s voice was even quieter than a mouse’s squeak, which was rare for him since he was usually one of the loudest members. “Does this really have to end this way?”

Silence. Mingyu turned to Seungkwan with a blank stare. Seungkwan hated the lack of emotion in his eyes. Did he really not feel anything anymore?

I don’t know,” Mingyu uttered. He was trying his hardest to do what Wonwoo taught him after nearly crying every time he saw Seungkwan brush past him without a word. Blank staring, no eye contact. That was the only way he could cope.  

Seungkwan opened his mouth but all that came out was a sigh, a shaky, tear-filled sigh. He didn’t like the sound of ‘I don’t know’. It should be hopeful, yet it made Seungkwan feel so hopeless.

I miss all the times,” Seungkwan whispered shakily.

There are plenty more times we’ll miss anyway,” Mingyu responded, also starting to choke up. The tears are coming again and there’s nothing he can do about it.

Do we really have to end this way?” Seungkwan asked once more. “I miss you…”

I miss you too… is what Mingyu wanted to say. Instead, all he could muster was. “I don’t know. I really don’t know.

Mingyu tried the door. Surprisingly, it wasn’t locked anymore. Was it even ever locked in the first place? He left without another word and immediately broke down once he was safe in his bedroom.


Words: 500~

A/N: I forgot if i ever mentioned it here but I learned that my word processor counts punctuation as words?? so that's fun. ANYWAY I have an assignment due tomorrow that i'm trying to finish but needs time to dry so here I am with another chapter while I wait. I really love this song UGH. esp Vernon's rap. (I had to include at least 1 lyric from that rap) This one is really short so I hope that's okay haha. (at least I didnt end it at the first use of a song lyric)

I thought it would make sense to keep this one short though. it fits for the theme of the song imo. THE NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST, ARE YOU EXCITED?? I'll probably have to do it after this week tho bc this is my final week of this semester so lots is due that I havent finished oops. But after that YAYY WINTER BREAK. No classes for a month huehue.