TRACK 1: BEAUTIFUL

Make The Minkwan

♪ Now Playing: SEVENTEEN - Beautiful ♪


Seungkwan always has to wake Mingyu up on school days. Because they go to school together, it’s Seungkwan’s job to force Mingyu to get up. Sometimes he wonders how Mingyu is older than him, with how often Mingyu whines ‘10 more minutes!’ Seungkwan just sighs. Usually, he gives Mingyu his 10 minutes once or twice. But at this point, 10 more minutes and they’ll be late for school with no excuse.

“Hyung, in 10 more minutes school will have started already!” Seungkwan exclaims in exasperation, slapping Mingyu’s behind in annoyance. “Just get up please. It’s cold out, too! Seungcheol-hyung even made us warm milk, but it’s probably gone too cold to be useful, now, thanks to you not getting up!”

“Just go on without me.” Mingyu grumbles, rolling onto his side to Seungkwan can’t hit his as easily anymore. “Can’t I pretend to be sick?”

Seungkwan groans and tugs Mingyu’s ear, finally having enough of Mingyu’s laziness. “You. Are. Getting. Up. Whether. You. Like. It. Or. Not!”

“Ouch, ow!” Mingyu whines and pulls the blankets off of himself, sitting up. “Fine, I’m up! God, who are you, my mother?”

Seungkwan rolls his eyes and throws Mingyu’s uniform at him. “Just get dressed before we miss the next bus. And make sure you have a scarf.”

Mingyu snarls at Seungkwan, but Seungkwan doesn’t seemed phased. “Yes mom. Now can you leave so I can change in peace?”

“If I leave, you’ll go back to sleep. Since when do you care if you change in front of anyone? You live in a small house with 13 or more boys at the same time.” Seungkwan shakes his head, crossing his arms. “I’ve seen you change before.”

Despite saying this, Seungkwan almost freaks out as Mingyu takes off the tank-top he was wearing as a pajama top. He tries to hide a blush as he shoots Mingyu a serious glare in attempt to make him change faster. Eventually, when Mingyu’s tired hands fail to tie his tie properly, Seungkwan is forced to help him, stepping forward and neatly tying the tie, smoothing down the collar and smiling.

“Thanks for actually waking up.” he mumbles softly, patting Mingyu’s chest gently. “And…sorry for pulling your ear.”

Mingyu squints and pushes Seungkwan out of the room, though is slightly endeared at the sudden apology. “Yeah, whatever. Let’s just go. It’ll probably be busy by now. If it gets too busy, we’ll definitely be late.”

Seungkwan smiles and nods, walking out of the bedroom, grabbing his book bag and leaving the dorms. He has to walk a bit faster to keep up with Mingyu’s long strides, but he never minds. Even looking at Mingyu’s back makes him happy.

Usually, if they wake up early, they make pit stops to get snacks or just shop around. Unfortunately, because they’re late, they just rush past everything. Seungkwan looks over at his taller classmate. He watches as the older’s eyes widen and he grabs Seungkwan wrist.

“The bus! Come on, Kwan, hurry up! We’ll miss it!” Mingyu exclaims as he sprints ahead, dragging Seungkwan with him as they rush to keep up with the bus.

Seungkwan purses his lips, glancing at Mingyu’s hand. It’s rare for Mingyu to show skinship, but when he does, it’s usually without much thought. Like to make Seungkwan hurry up, or to protect him when someone makes fun of his weight. Somehow, while Seungkwan was deep in thought they ended up making it on the bus. Only 2 seats remain, and theyre fairly cramped looking.

Mingyu sits down in the window seat, forcing Seungkwan to sit in the aisle seat. Then, somehow, despite the bus ride not being short, and Seungkwan not being that tired, he falls asleep. The short dream he had was him practicing with the other members, but for some reason, he could only properly make out and hear Mingyu’s visuals and voice. Kinda hard to miss such a husky voice and lanky body, honestly.

“Kwan! Seungkwan! Boo Seungkwan!” Mingyu’s voice fills Seungkwan’s ears as he feels his slip from underneath its spot on its chair before being grabbed before he can actually properly fall on his bottom. “, sorry. Stupid abrupt stop.”

Seungkwan looks around. “Oh, did I fall asleep…?”

Mingyu sighs and pulls Seungkwan up to his feet by his shoulders. “And I thought I was tired.” the taller shakes his head and practically drags Seungkwan off the bus. “Hurry, they’re closing the gates. Can you run?”

Seungkwan looks up at Mingyu. Mingyu really cares about him. Seungkwan likes having a friend like him. Is friend a good word? Is brother even a good word to describe this tall being? Seungkwan shrugs. Mingyu probably doesn’t even realize these kinds of thoughts run through Seungkwan’s mind. Would he even accept them? Or just laugh?

Before Seungkwan realizes it, they’re inside the school and in their classroom. Wow, he’s been zoning out a lot lately. Why? Because he’s too busy thinking about Kim Mingyu.


Word Count: 956

A/N: Here's the first chapter! You have no idea how many times I reworked this, with different AU's etc. But seeing Seungkwan and Mingyu's soft moments irl (meaning in videos/pics) made me realize what better universe to use than the current one (though obviously it a slightly alternate universe where theyre actually gay/bi bc as much as I'm questioning it for boogyu, I try not to believe idols are actually gay for each other except for in certain cases *cough*hanchul&xiuhan*cough*)

I'll work on the second track ASAP (read:right away), but I hope I expressed the original lyrics as best as I could without actually reiterating lyrics. 

(Also I'll get to my other minkwan story when I'm inspired to do AU stuff again)