TRACK 6: DON'T LISTEN IN SECRET

Make The Minkwan

♫ Now Playing: 몰래 듣지 마요 (Don't Listen In Secret) (VOCAL UNIT) ♫


Mingyu and Seungkwan continued to drift apart. They started hanging out with other people more often than they went out with each other. It hurt Seungkwan to see Mingyu hanging out with ASTRO Eunwoo so much, but who was he to talk when he, in turn, started hanging out with Moonbin more often as well, almost in response to it. It was even to the point where Moonbin and Seungkwan ended up having a Dispatch photoshoot together.

Seungkwan would mainly just whine to Moonbin about how much he missed being with Mingyu when they hung out. Moonbin did his best to cheer Seungkwan up. Food usually helped best. They’d end up at a new restaurant whenever they had the chance. Moonbin decided to invite Eunwoo to hang with him and Seungkwan on the premise that he bring Mingyu with him, in an attempt to push them back together.

The four of them ended up at Karaoke.

Seungkwan was happy to see Mingyu, despite seeing him every day. He was afraid Mingyu would refuse and Eunwoo would come alone. However, there Mingyu was in all his fashionable, tall glory. Seungkwan grinned, wanting to hug Mingyu, but instead playing it safe and offering a hand. Whether Mingyu would take it as a handshake or an invitation to hold his hand, Seungkwan tried not to care.

Mingyu seemed hesitant, but after Eunwoo purposely bumped into him, pushing him and Seungkwan together, Mingyu loosely took Seungkwan’s hand in his. In an attempt to ease the tension, and maybe invoke some kind of jealousy in Mingyu, Moonbin threw his arm around Seungkwan casually.

“Who’s ready for some Karaoke??” he asked.

Eunwoo raised his hand playfully and Moonbin dragged everyone into the Karaoke bar, ordering a large room for the 4 of them as well as some drinks and snacks. Soon, the two ASTRO members were trying to lighten a kind of ual/romantic tension that was filling the air by purposely singing songs poorly. Seungkwan joined in happily, though Mingyu still looked a little awkward. After a few songs, Mingyu loosened up a bit, even letting Seungkwan drag him up for a duet. Seungkwan sang over-dramatically in attempt to get Mingyu to flash that smile of his.

While Eunwoo and Mingyu were doing the next duet, Moonbin leaned in close to Seungkwan to whisper in his ear. Glancing over slightly, Moonbin noticed Mingyu glaring at them but shrugged it off and told Seungkwan his genius idea.

“Don’t you have a song called ‘Don’t Listen in Secret’?” he whispered. “the lyrics seem to suit this situation well so…me and Eunwoo-hyung can ditch while you’re choosing the song and you can sing it to him alone. If he understands, good things might happen.”

Seungkwan gave Moonbin a nervous glance. “You think it’ll work?”

“Go for it, Seungkwan-ah.” Moonbin gave a thumbs up. Eunwoo’s and Mingyu’s duet ended and Moonbin pulled away from Seungkwan, pulling Eunwoo down, probably to tell him the plan too.

“I’ll sing next,” Seungkwan said quietly.

He got up, too afraid to make eye contact with Mingyu. For the first time in a while, he was nervous about singing his own song. As he stood up to check if the Karaoke machine had their song, he noticed Moonbin and Eunwoo whispering some before Eunwoo stood back up abruptly, his phone ringing (Moonbin was sneakily putting his own phone into his pocket; Seungkwan figured that if Eunwoo wasn’t being so secretive with his phone, the Caller I.D would actually be Moonbin).

“Oh, this could be our manager!” Eunwoo said casually. “Moonbin-ah and I should go and check this. We’ll be right back. Seungkwan-ah you continue your solo song!”

As the two left the Karaoke room, Moonbin sent another thumbs up and Eunwoo tossed a wink. Seungkwan took a breath, finding the song he was looking for and typing it into the machine while Mingyu looked after the ASTRO members in confusion. He seemed to be mumbling about the Caller I.D on Eunwoo’s phone.

As the first couple notes of Don’t Listen in Secret started playing through the speakers, Minyu looked over at Seungkwan. Seungkwan avoided his gaze for a bit as he started singing.

We’re getting farther apart
Then I just need to catch you
So you won’t get far
That should be enough

Indeed, these lyrics matched perfectly with what was going on between Seungkwan and Mingyu. Seungkwan hoped the message conveyed to him.

Don’t listen in secret
Even if this song
Becomes inaudible
This song that I made for you
Don’t listen in secret.


Word Count: ~815

A/N: Hi, it's been 5 months sorry haha. This is the third last chapter, at least! Also yes, i've been looking at too many BooMoon (in?) pictures and their friendship is cute so I decided to add him. Also bc of that picture of Mingyu and Eunwoo on Mingyu's IG, I had to include that too. I could've gone literal with the lyrics of Don't Listen in Secret but I figured a Karaoke of the song would make more sense since we have no confirmation that Seungkwan can write songs (besides maybe writing his own lines in some Vocal Unit songs but I think Woozi writes most of the lyrics for Vocal Unit)

I hope you guys are enjoying this series. Sorry it's taken so long to write. I got busy/uninspired for a bit. We're almost done! Only 2 more songs after this. 

It's probably gonan get sad for the next chapter though since the next song is 글쎄 (my favourite song on the album) and those lyrics are pretty depressing. BUT THEN SMILE FLOWER IS HOPEFUL SO I'LL BE SURE TO HAVE A HAPPY ENDING FOR THIS.