TRACK 4: LEAN ON ME

Make The Minkwan

♪ Now Playing: 기대  (Lean On Me) - SEVENTEEN (Hip Hop Unit) ♪


Mingyu notices that Seungkwan seems very stressed and tense lately. He’s always so busy with his variety show appearances and concerts that he barely gets any breaks. If he’s not performing or on a show, he’s usually sleeping or too exhausted to move. Mingyu is also busy, so he can’t always be there for Seungkwan, but he always makes sure Seungkwan knows he’s here for him at heart and just a call away.

Not to mention the stress from their somewhat strained relationship. Since they decided to keep the relationship low-key, meaning not telling the fans, it’s been harder and harder to get together without seeming suspicious. Sure, they can just act like they’re out as friends, but one move and it might be seen as something romantic. Regardless, Mingyu is always willing to make this relationship last, since being with Seungkwan after liking him for so long makes him happier than normal.

“You know you can lean on me whenever right?” Mingyu says once when Seungkwan looks especially stressed. He curls Seungkwan’s hair around his finger. “I’m always here for you.”

Seungkwan smiles up at Mingyu. “You’ve said that countless times, hyung. But thanks, I appreciate it.”

Seungkwan pecks Mingyu’s cheek and Mingyu playfully acts disgusted. Seungkwan rolls his eyes and hits Mingyu’s chest before getting up and stretching. He digs around in his closet for a change of clothing, having been in his pyjamas since Mingyu forced him out of bed over an hour ago.

Whenever Seungkwan gets stressed he just lays in bed all day. It keeps him from being a nuisance to the other members and gives him the rest he deserves. But today, Minyu forced him to get up, though they spent all the time after until now cuddling and kissing. Basically doing the things they can’t do in public often.

Mingyu watches Seungkwan change, leaning on his elbows and eyeing the smaller with a slight smirk. He stands up also and wraps his arms around Seungkwan in a back hug as the vocalist is trying to put a shirt on. Seungkwan looks up over his shoulder and squints at Mingyu.

“What is it, hyung? I’m trying to change,” he says in mock annoyance. “You’re the one who forced me to get out of bed.”

Mingyu hums softly, nuzzling into the crook of Seungkwan’s neck. “Sorry, I liked the view and wanted to touch.”

He presses a kiss onto Seungkwan’s shoulder blade, causing the smaller to shiver. Despite this, he tries to keep his feigned annoyance. “D-do you mind?”

“Mind you being shirtless?” Mingyu teases, tightening his grip around Seungkwan’s torso, gently caressing the bare skin. “Definitely not.”

Seungkwan sighs in defeat and turns around, dropping the shirt he was going to wear on the ground. “Alright, you can stare at me all you want for now. Though I don’t see what the fuss is about.”

Mingyu pouts slightly. “I rarely get alone-time to see you like this~ And you never show much skin on video, so I feel like it’s exclusive for me to see. Well, besides the other members.” he shrugs, poking Seungkwan’s tummy gently. “Plus you’re a lot more fit than you think. The working out has been helping a lot.”

Mingyu sits back on the bed and takes Seungkwan’s hand, tugging him into Mingyu’s lap. Seungkwan pretends to reject, but in the end, wraps his arms around Mingyu’s neck as the taller caresses Seungkwan’s torso gently.

“Y-you’re weird, you know that?” Seungkwan stammers, shivering at the feeling of Mingyu’s fingers on his bare skin. “Your body is way better than mine. I’m covered in fat and rolls.” He pinches a roll of fat on his stomach, frowning with distaste.

“But you’re working on fixing it,” Mingyu says, pressing a kiss to Seungkwan’s collarbone. “Plus I like your weight. It makes you extra huggable.”

Seungkwan’s face turns red and he abruptly stands up, not meeting Mingyu’s eye. “O-okay, time’s up. You obviously got me up for a reason besides trying to seduce me. At least I hope you did.”

He quickly throws a shirt on and puts a hoodie on top. Mingyu pouts and stands up once more, but this time patiently waits for Seungkwan to finish changing before approaching him again, once again hugging him from behind. Seungkwan leans into Mingyu slightly, tilting his head up at him.

“What is it this time, hyung?” he asks softly.

“I just like hugging you.” Mingyu smiles, letting go of Seungkwan and instead, taking his hand. “Let’s go out on a date. Maybe it’ll calm you down. You can talk about everything that’s been bothering you. Even your fear of us breaking up.”

Seungkwan offers a wry smile at the mention of them breaking up. He just really hopes it doesn’t affect their friendship and relationship within Seventeen. Regardless, he nods, squeezing Mingyu’s hand. “Alright. Let’s go. You can talk to me about your concerns, too. If it’s a long story, all night, I’ll be on your side.


Word Count: ~965

A/N: Here's another chapter. Unfortunately, I think things go downhill from here, since the next song is Fast Pace (which I think is about a relationship moving too fast? which could lead to something bad idk we'll see how I go with that) and then after that is Don't Listen Alone, then Well, and finally Smile Flower/Laughter (i'm saying this as if ya'll dont know the album lmao)

I hope you enjoyed this. I'm sorry of the whole shirtless part was awkward, part of me did it instinctively, but I do need a little bit of sensual/intimate stuff to continue with Fast Pace anyways, so this could potentially be the start of the 'going too fast baby', as Wonwoo would put it.