TRACK 8: SMILE FLOWER

Make The Minkwan

♫ Now Playing: 웃음꽃 (Smile Flower) ♫


TRACK 8: SMILE FLOWER

It had been a while since Seungkwan’s and Mingyu’s ‘split’. It wasn’t much of a split, however, because, despite their awkwardness, they still had a lot of chemistry on stage, having lived together for so long and dealt with each other's personalities for just as long. This chemistry also brought them closer. Seungkwan was realizing the little things Mingyu did for him a lot more now, too.

Seungkwan would often find himself looking in Mingyu’s direction while singing, hoping he’d be looking back. When he did happen to be looking, he’d offer a shy smile. Mingyu would smile back. If Seungkwan did something good in a show or game, Mingyu would be the first to congratulate him, either with a high-five or an, albeit sometimes awkward, hug. If Seungkwan was hurt or sick, Mingyu was always the first to check on him, as well. Even if it was in secret or unbeknownst to Seungkwan. (He’d often hear it from Hansol or another member if Mingyu visited him while he was resting.)

Seungkwan, however, often wondered what would happen if Mingyu stopped paying him attention altogether. What if he suddenly decided to ignore Seungkwan? What if he stopped smiling back? Seungkwan loved that big, dorky smile of his. It made him feel warm and gave him comfort. Especially when he was having a bad day. He’d often remember the times Mingyu would try to make a joke to make Seungkwan feel better.

 

Mingyu also liked to recall whenever Seungkwan made him laugh. Even if they weren’t together, together…Mingyu still loved to be near Seungkwan. He loved hearing him sing, laugh, make his stupid puns and jokes. He could tell whenever Seungkwan was worried, sad, or scared just by looking at him, too. He just always felt nervous about acting and reacting. It was like when his feelings first blossomed all over again. Wanting to say or do something but being too afraid of rejection to do it.

Maybe one day things would return to normal. They just needed time as friends to remember how much better it was as…more than friends. Right? Once they cherished their friendship more, they could cherish a different form of relationship.

I’ll always be by your side. Mingyu would say mentally whenever Seungkwan felt down and Mingyu somehow gravitated to be by his side.

He never made a move, leaving that to Hansol or Seokmin or even Seungcheol or Jeonghan. But he always made sure to be nearby whenever Seungkwan wasn’t paying attention.

Just like always, we’ll be together. 

If Seungkwan wasn’t smiling, Mingyu would smile for him. That way, if Seungkwan happened to see, maybe he’d smile back. And Mingyu knew Seungkwan was willing to do the same for him, as he’d seen him do it many times.

I’ll be the spring to your smile, both would think on stage whenever they caught each other's eye and smiled at each other.


Word Count: ~530

A/N: The series finale! Sorry if it seems a bit rushed and rough, I was trying to tie it into the storyline I already had in the last chapter while still maintaining a somewhat cohesive storyline in terms of matching/including lyrics. I hope you enjoyed this series though! Probably the first chaptered fic I've actually finished in a long time haha. It helps that I had somewhat of a direction since I was going off of already written lyrics and trying to make a somewhat coherent storyline at the same time. Also it was only 8 chapters while most of my other chaptered stories end up being like... because I haha.

I hope you enjoyed it though! It was fun to write and try to analyze lyrics from an album to make a story.