TRACK 5: FAST PACE

Make The Minkwan

♪ Now Playing: SEVENTEEN - 빠른 걸음 (Fast Pace) ♪


It’s been a while since Mingyu and Seungkwan started ‘secretly’ dating. Approximately 5 months, to be exact. Obviously, it’s never been secret to the members, but somehow, the fans still haven’t figured anything out. Using the term ‘best friend’ to refer to Mingyu helps a lot for Seungkwan. And Mingyu is generally known for clinging to people sometimes, too.

However, it’s not paradise in Boogyu-land as much anymore. Perhaps due to both being busy, they’ve started…drifting apart over the months. The first 3 months they were practically glued together. But perhaps because of how often they hung out, now things aren’t…the same. Of course, they still love each other, but lately, instead of walking shoulder to shoulder or hip to hip, Mingyu ends up walking ahead of Seungkwan, tugging him along like a father to his child.

Of course, this could just be because Mingyu has longer legs; Seungkwan’s never been able to keep up with him. But usually, Mingyu slows his pace to keep stride with Seungkwan. Now, when they go out, Seungkwan is forced to stare at Mingyu’s back (not necessarily a bad thing.)

Even when they hold hands, it just seems…cold. Not physically cold, but it’s like they’ve held hands so often it just becomes a habit done without thought or even feeling. This bothers Seungkwan a lot. Not to mention, Mingyu seems to be forcing affection and moving the relationship too fast as if in attempt to make up for actually walking too fast.

Mingyu’s kisses seemed less passionate and more…desperate. His hands travelled to random places for no apparent reason, even during interviews, where his hand would just firmly sit on Seungkwan’s upper thigh dangerously close to his groin. Of course, it’s not like they haven’t done anything, they waited about a month or so before finally ending up doing it. Seungkwan always found it embarrassing to admit, though, especially whenever the members teased that they heard them going at it.

Regardless, Seungkwan had set up boundaries about that kind of stuff. After all, they had a reputation to keep up. One interview, Mingyu just kept putting his hand on Seungkwan’s thigh no matter how much he tried to push it off. It wasn’t like it bothered him, he just didn’t want to accidentally cause a ‘wardrobe malfunction’ in case Mingyu’s hand got too close. The members would judge and then it’d just be too embarrassing.

“Hyung, slow down!” Seungkwan whines, stumbling after the taller rapper at the mall. “My legs can only move so fast, I don’t have long strides like you.”

Mingyu seems to pause before glancing back at Seungkwan with furrowed brows. He slows down his pace slightly. “Sorry, Kwan. I did it again, didn’t I?”

Seungkwan offers a small smile. “It’s fine, Gyu. I guess I just wasn’t blessed with such long legs as you.”

Seungkwan gives Mingyu’s hand a half-hearted squeeze. Mingyu sighs and stops, this time, causing Seungkwan to run into him. The shorter rubs his nose and looks up at Mingyu, who is giving Seungkwan a very serious look.

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Seungkwan asks curiously, eyeing his band mate and boyfriend.

Mingyu shakes his head. “I can’t help but think there’s something wrong…”

“With?”

Mingyu sighs once more. “With us, Seungkwan. With us. We’re not the same as we used to be. You’re even brushing me off more often. Do you even still like me?”

Seungkwan’s eyes become wide. “Of course I still like you! I really love you, hyung. The times I brushed you off was because we were in front of the camera and you were either dangerously close to touching my crotch, or being too lovey for the ‘best friend’ act to work. Remember, the fans can’t know?”

Mingyu purses his lips. “Right. Do you think we need a break? Lately, even when we make plans, you never seem happy. And honestly, that doesn’t make me happy either.”

Seungkwan blinks. Is this the end? It can’t be…it’s just a rough spot in the relationship. They can get through it, right? Seungkwan holds Mingyu’s hand tightly, even placing his free hand on top of his. Mingyu’s hands still look huge in comparison to Seungkwan’s.

“Hyung, no…” Seungkwan says weakly. “T-think about the good memories. We can make more. We just need to get through this. All couples go through this…”

Mingyu uses his free hand to take Seungkwan’s hands off from his. “Or, we can take a break and if we ever feel like we’re missing something…then we’ll reevaluate our relationship. But I don’t think it’ll do well if we keep this up. I’m sorry.” He brings Seungkwan’s hands up to his lips. “Sorry, Kwan. We’re still friends, though, so it’s not like we can’t hang out. Plus, we have no choice but to see each other every day.”

Seungkwan tries for a laugh but it comes out bitter. He turns away, “Alright, fine, we’ll do it your way. But don’t be gone too long.


Word Count: ~984

A/N: Well this was a little sad to write ngl. It's about to get worse (also Fast Pace was somehow not what I expected it to be about lol) as we come upon my favourite song on the album (I Don't Know/글쎄 ) 

School started again so who knows when I can find the time to update (even though I only have 2 days that are actually FULL of classes. However, both of the prevalent classes require extra work/homework outside of class, and one of them probably will require WAY more work outside of class than the other.)

EDIT 05/08/2019: icb no one told me I had the wrong track number. It took me like 5 months to realize it??