INTRODUCTION_2

Red Eyes

Hundreds of years have passed by in an instant and once again…just like that fateful night…the seven leaders have come together to make one of the most important decisions of their clan ...a decision that can change the course of their lives once more.

https://az413805.vo.msecnd.net/spaces/oc-rxl/75046/xbhpblk2brj.jpg

PRELUDE 1: Rewriting the history

[King's General Assembly, Jeju, South Korea]

 

King IM: My dear friends, it’s been a long time since we’ve gathered like this…and although it is truly an honor to be together with you, the leaders of the most important families of our kind…the reason why I’ve gathered all of you here...gives no room for celebration.

You must already heard something about it…the rumors that have been spreading among our community…

The truth is…we…our clan…might be facing once again the ones that hurt us so much in the past…hunters…

[Murmurs] flashbacks of that night came back just like a lightning into every one of the leaders heads. After all they all were there when the hunters attacked them. They all saw how their homes were burned to ashes…how they friends and some members of their families were killed mercilessly as if they were rabid dogs.

 

King IM: SILENCE! IM Kahi’s strong voice resounded in the General Assembly chamber, a voice that everyone that heard it feared it…but also respected. The room became quiet as no one would dare to interrupt their mighty leader.

…the reality is…lately our people have been disappearing in Seoul…and we still have no idea since when it all started.

General JANG: Can I ask my King…how come none of us knew about this…until now?

King IM: Just like you…we’ve only heard rumors about this…but we didn't believe it...until later…when the rumors of attacks were more consistent.

Counselor OH: How come no one knew? ...why none of us was notified of such horrible altercations?

King IM: The thing is…there is a small community in Seoul…but they're highly disperse and no one is directly responsible for them.

Counselor KIM has been keeping an eye on them but…they're a group that wanted to distance themselves from our society...so we respected their wishes…until this happened.

In the past, the community of Vampires was strongly unified and governed by the King IM. However after the massacre, that took place hundreds of years ago, all the leaders separated in order to hide themselves and the rest of the survivors.

As things started to calm down, a few groups decided to migrate to other places and stablish there their own communities. They liked their independence and although they still respected the King, they didn’t want to follow her strict orders. The King, is a powerful and strong Vampire, but above all, she is known for being compassionate and for being someone who will never impose her will on others.

 

General JANG: “And how do you know about what is happening? I mean…are you sure they are Vampires?

King IM: Yes…we are sure…we heard the news of the disappearances from one of my community.

The daughter of the NOH family, Eyoung, went there for the holidays and stayed at the home of one of our clan. However she started to hear rumors about young people getting lost.

Apparently the missing persons were known for being "extraordinary", in the sense that more than one person had seen them do incredible tasks…the people rumored that they must be into something fishy, like experimental drugs...since it was impossible for them to be so strong and fast.

That's when Eyoung made the connection and started to investigate on her own about the matter. Only to discover that at least 10 of our kind... mostly young people had disappeared.

The most important thing is…that they were all from different families with no apparent connection…they even lived in different places of Seoul.

General JUNG: Why their parents didn’t report them missing? Why didn’t they tell you or Counselor KIM?

King IM: Apparently their parents never thought it might be related to...hunters. They all assumed that maybe they had escaped in search of adventures...they were after all “young” and…they just assumed they wanted to explore more places, instead of staying with their families.

Through the leaders’ minds, it was unfathomable that the parents of those missing people didn’t worry about them at all. After all the leaders were truly close to their families and their own communities. There was nothing they didn’t know about what was happening within their group and they all were informed constantly of any developments that might have happened. So to think that the parents just accepted their children left them was…simply irrational

 

Counselor KIM: NOH Eyoung has stayed in Seoul since then…she has been informing the King and myself about any developments and discoveries she makes…

…unfortunately…so far the number has duplicated…and she still has no idea who might be involved.

King IM: all the people kidnaped had different activities and they were actually abducted at different times of the day and different places…so Eyoung hasn’t been able to made any connection…they all had different hobbies, activities…friends…nothing seems to relate them…except of course the fact that they were Vampires.

It all seems so random…but at the same time so structured.

That’s why all families of the region are terrified…

Counselor KIM: We have informed all of them that a curfew should be followed, however we don’t think that would be enough.

King IM: If this is truly the work of hunters…we know what they are capable of…that’s why they must be stopped…

…we must stop them before they harm more of our kind.

After King IM’s word, the rest of the leaders knew that actions must be taken, decisions should be made…or the story will repeat itself. And that’s the least they wanted…to see their kind go through the same once more was unthinkable.

 

King IM: We all remember very clearly what happened to our kind in past…and although we originally decided to stay of the radar…the circumstances have changed…

We cannot keep on pretending that everything is ok and do nothing. Even when the community in Seoul decided to leave the protection of our group, they are still part of us…they are our people and we should protect them.

We cannot let anyone to threaten our lives…we cannot continue to live with fear.

[Silence] most of the leaders where nodding…agreeing with what had been said. However they were a few who were still digesting their Kings’ words…because after all, to take action would mean to also put themselves at risk and the rest of their community.

They have all lived hundreds of years without being noticed, they all have lived in the shadows, pretending to be mere humans…degrading themselves so that their beloved ones could be save. And here they were once again, trying to decide whether or not they should interfere.

 

Counselor SON: “So…what do you suggest us to do? …we cannot act recklessly.

King IM: I know…that’s why I have call you all, to discuss the situation and come with a solution together…

…after all…we all are the leaders of our community

Counselor OH: “I’m not so sure about this…I mean to interfere…

…we have been hiding all this time, and you all know that we have been cautious

King IM: More than that...sometimes we have even let go of our freedom in order to survive

And yet here we are…someone was able to find us despite us being cautious…which means that they won’t stop until they find us all

General LEE: My King, you know that I respect whatever decision you make but…we cannot just leave our communities, we all are needed there and who knows how long it would take us to find the culprits.

King IM: I know…that’s why I think we must send our second best…

…our heirs…

[Gasps] shock could be seen on the leaders' faces, after all it was one thing to put themselves on the line and risk their lives…but another completely different to actually risk their blood…their sons & daughters…their most precious ones.

However, the King was right and all of them knew it, because their heirs were perfect for the challenge, not only they had the skills of their parents…but with time they all had developed their own abilities…ones that could make anyone tremble with fear.

The twelve heirs were incredible smart, witty, strong, fast and most important…cautious, they always planned everything in advance…and those skills were needed if they had to face and admirable adversary... an enemy they still didn't know anything about.

In addition, the twelve heirs already knew each other, they were “friends” and just like their parents, they all had learned to complement each other weaknesses. But, if they fail, the leaders would not be only losing their sons & daughters…the community will be also losing the next in line to rule their clan…and that could be the greatest hit against the Vampire clan.

 

General LEE: And if they are also captured…if they are…killed

King IM: They won’t!

My friends…we have thought them well…they will eventually take over our positions…

…so we have to trust them

Or else we will all be lost

Counselor KIM: We have to protect our kind, we cannot continue to be afraid.

King IM: We once lived peacefully alongside humans, we must do it again...we have to recover our freedom and protect our kind from those who want to destroy us

So the real question here is…are you with me?

King IM: “YES! …’till the end of times!

And just like that, the biggest decision in favor of the protection of their clan was made. The heirs of the seven leaders would go to Seoul to investigate and apprehend whoever was threatening the Vampire community. However, the leaders still felt apprehensive towards this decision, because...at the end of the day, the lives of their children would be at risk.

As parents, their hearts felt heavy…but as leaders they couldn’t be more proud as of now their children would take place into rewriting the history of Vampires.

The question now is…would they succeed?