PRELUDE_2.1

Red Eyes

PRELUDE 2.2: Royal lineage

It is not a secret that when immense power is involved, greed suddenly arises.

That’s what happened when the first community of Vampires was formed. When Vampires found out that they were not only different than humans but also superior in terms of strength and speed, many of the clan opted to use this skills to their benefit and overrun the human’s towns nearby.

Therefore, an internal conflict emerged, between those who wanted to live peacefully and those who wanted to reign over humans. Because of this, the community gathered and decided to let a few Vampires to take the decisions that concerned the community.

Hence, seven leaders were chosen. They were the strongest, fastest and wisest. Nonetheless, they all had distinct personalities and really strong opinions, so instead of actually making an agreement they ended up fighting even more.

In consequence, the community chose to pick only one leader that would rule them all, a King, and the other six would become the King’s advisors, so that the King could have an open panorama of whatever problem arises.

The King, IM Kahi, chose that three of the leaders, OH, SON & KIM, would become her counselors, who would advise her in terms of economics and resolution of problems, while the other three, JANG, JUNG & LEE would be her Generals, who would be in charge of planning and protecting the clan. But at the end all of them will respond to her, she would have the final word and no one would oppose her. 

But then, when the tragedy happened and the clan succumbed to the attack of the hunters. The seven leaders opted to separate in order for them to hide and escape the ones that threatened their lives. So, while the King, the counselor KIM and the generals JANG & LEE stayed in different parts of Korea, the counselor SON and General JUNG escaped to China and counselor OH to Japan.

Therefore, seven new communities were formed, in which each of the members of the clan was taught to hide their true selves, in order to not attract the attention of unwanted enemies and live peacefully with the humans.

And despite being in different territories, the Vampire clan continued to respect the leadership of the one and only King, IM Kahi

Would you like to know more about the Vampires clan? Well, let me introduce you to the most feared and powerful of all Vampires…the seven leaders:

 

  

IM Kahi

  • Role: King

Possess an incredible strength and a really short temper, which made her become one of the most feared Vampires.

Incredibly smart and knowledgeable in different fields. Her specialty is economics which allowed her to invest in different areas, rising her clan’s income.   

Despite her cold exterior, she is quite understanding and doesn’t like to force her opinion on others. She allows everyone to follow their own path, but will always make sure that the clan isn’t put at risk.

  • Vampire age: 600 years old
  • Human relative age: 50 years old
  • Personal life:

Her husband died 100 years ago and although it was an arranged marriage with the only purpose to procreate and give birth to the next heir, she was truly sadden by the departure of who was her best friend.

She is closer to her sons who constantly remind her of her late husband, not only in terms of looks but also personality.

And although she loves her children deeply, she won’t hesitate to risk their lives if that means to save her clan. After all, she was chosen as King so that she could protect her community.

KIM Jung Ah

  • Role: Counselor

Unlike most of the leaders, she is soft hearted and kind. Her motto is to raise Vampires that are empathic of the world so they can use their special skills to help others.

Compared to the other leaders she is the slowest and weakest, but compensates it with her brightness.

She is the right hand of King IM, her main advisor not only in problems related to the Vampire clan but also personal issues because of their closeness.  

  • Vampire age: 580 years old
  • Human relative age: 48 years old
  • Personal life:

She got married at an early age with one of the strongest warriors of the clan. However because of the hunters’ attack, he lost his hand and a part of his heart.

His husband poisoned her two children hearts and although she tried to convince all of them to let go of that hatred, she failed miserably. Hence she has a difficult relationship with her son and daughter.

And although she loves her children deeply, she is somehow afraid that they will do something to jeopardize the clan in order to get the revenge for their late father.

LEE Jooyeon

  • Role: General

Between her and counselor KIM, are in charge of balancing the strong character of the other leaders. However, unlike the calm and composed counselor KIM, her personality is more outgoing and…loud.

Because of her, the clan became lively and less competitive. She had made a plan to try to emend things with the human communities, when the attack of the hunters happened.

She is known as a pranker, who enjoys making fun of others and playing tricks. She takes life easily and doesn’t worry too much about the problems, instead she strongly believes that if something is meant to happen then there is nothing anyone can do to avoid it…so why worry about what cannot be stopped?

  • Vampire age: 570 years old
  • Human relative age: 47 years old
  • Personal life:

She never married the father of her daughters, because for her, marriage is meant to be, with the person you really love. Instead the couple became one of the best allies, with a relationship based on friendship. And although the father decided to leave and marry a human, she still supported his decision. But that made the oldest daughter a little bit colder than usual. 

SON Dam Bi (Xu Dambi)

  • Role: Counselor

In terms of strength she is the second most lethal Vampire and the third most feared, after the King.

She is in charge of the mediation between the Generals and the Counselors because of her vast knowledge of military strategy and politics.

Of all the leaders, she is the one that despises humans the most. After all she was one of the Vampires that desired to use their skills in order to govern over humans. And when the attack happened, she was one of the leaders who faced the atrocities of the hunters directly, seeing how they killed her family mercilessly.

  • Vampire age: 564 years old
  • Human relative age: 47 years old
  • Personal life:

She never got married since for her, love is an unnecessary feeling that distracts you from your main objective and might become an obstacle to obtain your goals. Hence she doesn’t show any affection towards his only heir, who in terms of character is just like her: cold, immovable and direct.

Her sons’ father is one of the strongest warriors, she “used” him only to breed the strongest heir, the one that will take over her position eventually.

JANG Uee

  • Role: General

Second to the King as one of the shortest tempered Vampires and the best in terms of military tactics. She doesn’t accept insubordination but was strongly against the decision of the King when she decided to escape the attack of the hunters. For her, defeat and dishonor is equal to dying.

She is cold towards everyone but will do whatever it takes to protect her clan, even if that means to kill any human that stands in their way. She knew that humans would eventually turn against them, their fragility and ignorance makes them dangerous, but even when she disagrees with the King’s decisions, she could never oppose her as she truly respects the King.

  • Vampire age: 548 years old
  • Human relative age: 46 years old
  • Personal life:

She got married with General LEE’s brother who, unlike her sister, is extremely cold and indifferent, just like her wife. However he died in an accident as soon as their second child was born. Therefore she is overprotective of her daughter, whom she considers as her life. And although she cares about her son equally, her daughter is so pure an innocent that she’ll do whatever it takes to prevent anything bad from happening to her.

JUNG Soo Yeon (ZHOU Jessica)

  • Role: General

She is considered, alongside with counselor KIM, one of the weakest of the Vampires’ leaders. However she is truly smart and creative. Therefore, different than the other generals, she was in charge of research and development of armament.

Currently she has focused on the study of the genes or genetic modifications related to Vampires. Among her researches she discovered the mechanism involved in the Vampires’ sun allergies and formulated a powerful sun cream, in order to protect Vampires from devastating effects of sunlight. Now, Vampires are able to stay for long periods of time in the sunlight without feeling weak.

  • Vampire age: 528 years old
  • Human relative age: 44 years old
  • Personal life:

Contrary to the other leaders, no one knows who the father of her only daughter is. Most people assume that the father is a weakling and that knowing his name will bring shame to the JUNG’s family name. However she never agreed to any of the theories, she is quite reserved and only opens up with her lovely daughter.

Unlike the other leaders who are somehow close to each other, she is quite independent and doesn’t rely on them, the King is the only one that can make her open up, mostly because she respects her as a leader.

Her daughter is equally brilliant and knows whatever is happening to the clan since her mother always keeps her informed. Her daughter, unlike her, is bubbly and outgoing, and tends to make friends easily.

OH Hye Rin (SHIROMA Raina)

  • Role: Counselor

She was one of the last leaders to escape the attack of the hunters many years ago. Therefore she witnessed the horrible things they did to the members of the community.

So when the clan broke apart, she decided to leave separately, so that no hunter could find her and the community that went with her. Since then she has lived her life hidden, trying to not stand out so that no one could threaten the peaceful life she and her community has.  

Now, just like General JUNG, she is in charge of research and development, but she is more focused on advising the King on what to invest the money they earn, to create more technological and scientific devices.

  • Vampire age: 525 years old
  • Human relative age: 44 years old
  • Personal life:

When the attack happened she almost got killed but was saved by her now late husband. He, decided to leave and travel all around the world in search of more people like them. However, in one of those trips, his airplane crashed, leaving Counselor OH and her daughter all alone. Hence she doesn’t want her daughter to get involved with hunters or any possible danger. For her who has witness the horrors of the attack and who has lost many important people for her, the idea to lose her daughter as well is heartbreaking.