PRELUDE_1.1

Red Eyes

A week passed by really quickly and, after doing the proper planning, the six leaders returned to their respective communities, in order to inform their heirs about the decision that had been made. No one knew how their heirs would react, after all the news would not only be shocking but also scary…they would have to face again their mortal enemy…the hunters.

What would happen to the heirs? To their community? To the whole Vampire clan? Was the decision they made, the right one? Or were they acting recklessly?

All those questions were running through the leaders minds, however there was nothing they could do about it now. The decision had been taken and…if they had to die or risk the lives of their children in order to protect their clan…so be it.

Related image

PRELUDE 2.1: The news

[King's home, Jeju, South Korea]

 

King IM: My children…as you know the seven leaders have gathered here last week in order to make an important decision about our intervention with the…hunters’ issue

And so…we all came to the conclusion that our presence in Seoul is needed in order to find out who is behind the kidnapping

IM J.: Does that mean you’ll be leaving us to go there?

King IM: No…as you know my presence is also needed here…I cannot leave the community, nor the other leaders will leave theirs…

Therefore…we all have agreed to send…our heirs instead…

[Gasps] Despite being the heirs of the King, when facing such a terrible adversary such as the hunters, it was expected for the heirs to be scared. None of them have left their homes before, none has seen directly what the hunters were capable of…and so when they were asked to put their lives on the line…well they couldn’t help but to feel apprehensive.

 

King IM: ...we all hate the fact that we’ll be sending you to this dangerous mission but…there is no one better than you to solve this problem…we all trust you…and hence we entrust you the clans’ future

IM M.: Do we have a say in this?

King IM: Absolutely my dear…even when my title is King…I’m still your mother above all…and I wish nothing but the best for you

IM N.: Don’t you worry my King…we’ll go there…the three of us…and will discover who is causing so much pain to our community.

Rest assured that we will find the culprit and protect our clan…isn't that right?

The first in line to inherit the throne spoke with authority just like her mother, the King. Her brothers couldn't even look at her in the eye…they knew better than to defy her, she…unlike her mother…was not as forgiving and did not stand insubordination.

 

IM M. & J.: [Sigh] …yes

IM M.: Don’t worry my King, we’ll show them what the IM family is capable of

[Counselor SON’s home, Beijing, China]

 

SON M.: Welcome home Mother

Counselor SON: …as much as I want to have a bonding moment with you [Sarcasm]…you need to start packing…

…you’ll be leaving in 2 days for Seoul

[Shocked] Different from Counselor KIM and OH, Counselor SON was known for her cold behavior and strategic reasoning, even towards her only heir. Many people feared her but at the same time respected her, she was after all the reason why the current members of the Vampire’s clan were able to survive.

Unlike the rest of the leaders who wanted to comeback and fight, when the hunters attacked them hundreds of years ago, she convinced them all that it was better to run away and save only a few, than to perish all together. You could think that she was cruel for suggesting to leave their families and friends behind, but for her it doesn’t matter if some sacrifices are made for the sake of the clan…she after all, saw how the hunters killed her older sister without showing an ounce of compassion, and so she wasn’t willing to let other had the same fate.

 

SON M.: Can I know at least the reason behind all this?

Counselor SON: …hunters…apparently they are behind the disappearances happening in Seoul

SON M.: Ha…so that was the reason for the meeting with the King?

Counselor SON: That’s right…you’ll be meeting the other heirs there, so you must prepare your things quickly since your flight is the day after tomorrow…

…when you arrive in Seoul you’ll be meeting General JUNG’s…or better said with General ZHOU’s daughter, whom you’ll be paired for the mission of discovering who is behind the disappearances…so go on and get ready

SON M.: [Sigh] Fine…I’ll get ready….

…but mother…if I were to meet a hunter….I will without hesitation kill him/her

Counselor SON: [Chuckles] Good…I don’t expect anything else from you…

…destroy them…before they destroy you

 [General JUNG’s home, Shangai, China]

 

JUNG J.: MOM! Welcome [Hugs]

General JUNG: Thank you dear…I…

JUNG J.: How is auntie LEE & auntie OH doing? …did you bring me anything?

General JUNG: My baby…although I have so many things to tell you…there is no time to lose…

…the meeting…well it was to inform us about a possible threat to our clan…apparently hunters are back and they are responsible of some Vampires gone missing

JUNG J.: MOM! But…we have been careful…how did they find us?

General JUNG: [Sigh] Apparently the missing Vampires weren’t as careful, they somehow showed others that they were different…so we believe that hunters are doing what they do best…analyze and attack…

 [Shocked] The only heir of the JUNG family has lived her whole life hidden, trying to pretend to be a weakling human being. Only so that she could protect her community, the people that she loved the most. So, to know that some reckless Vampires put their clan’s secret at risk was unforgivable.

She might have not lived many years ago, when the clan was reduced to only a sixth of their size. But the stories that her mother and other survivors told her, were enough for her to know not to mess with hunters. And now they were back, threatening their lives.

JUNG J.: Then we must not intervene, that would only expose us further

General JUNG: I understand your concerns my baby but we must find out who is behind this and stop them before is too late

That’s why we will send our best…you…our heirs…to find the culprits

JUNG J.: [Sigh] And how exactly are we going to do that?

General JUNG: You’ll meet the other heirs in Seoul, there you’ll be pairing with Counselor SON’s son…now he goes by the surname XU.

Both of you will attend an important University in Seoul where you’ll investigate everyone with the help of some local Vampires.

The objective is to only recollect as many information as possible, so that we can figure out who might be behind the kidnappings.

JUNG J.: [Sigh] Is it really necessary for me to go?

General JUNG: Yes…I hate doing this to you but…you know that I will never put your life at risk if it wasn’t absolutely necessary, plus you will not be alone

JUNG J.: Fine…I’ll prepare, let’s change the ending of our story…right?

General JUNG: Yes…I love you my baby…and if anything happens…I’ll come and find you…

…you are after all…everything to me

[General JANG’s home, Busan, South Korea]

 

JANG WY.: Mom! [Hugs tightly] I missed you so much…it was only a week but it felt like an eternity! [Smiles]

General JANG: [Looks fondly]

General JANG was once the most feared of the leaders, her short temper and incredible strength made everyone to be cautious around her. And although she's still cold as ice, there’s something…or better said someone who is able to melt the ice in her heart really quickly…her youngest daughter. 

 

General JANG: [Sighs]

JANG WW.: I assume the meeting didn’t go well…

General JANG: I…I have something to tell you…

…the council has decided to send our heirs to investigate on a missing persons case…we are not sure but…it could be related to…hunters

JANG WY.: Hunters! …but mom you said they were all gone

The youngest of the JANG family had no idea of how cruel the world could be, her mom and especially her older brother made sure that nothing would taint her innocence. And therefore, she wasn't aware of the possibility that hunters could still be chasing them…even after all these years. That’s why, to have to break her daughters bubble was killing the general.

 

JANG WW.: I refuse! I won’t allow you to send my sister into such a dangerous mission…I’ll go…but not her

General JANG: In order for this mission to be a success…the twelve of you have to go to Seoul to investigate and find the culprits…that includes your sister

JANG WW.: NO!

There was no denying that he was the oldest son of the JANG family and next to take her mother’s position. He…just like his mother, irradiated a cold aura that made him unapproachable and now even his mother could feel it. 

 

General JANG: Do you think I want this for your sister…both of you are my everything…I don’t want to put you at risk!

JANG WW.: Then why are you doing it?!

[Silence] For the first time the oldest heir of the JANGs couldn’t remain calm…whenever his sister’s safety was at risk, he would always lose his cool.

 

General JANG: There a Vampires disappearing…young Vampires….just like you!

…the last report said that a Vampire…younger than you sister went missing…

Don’t they deserve our help? ...the missing Vampires also had families…don’t they deserve justice?

If we don’t intervene…no one can assure us that the hunter won’t come after us…our communities

We are safe now…but what about the future? What if next time they come after us is too late to defend ourselves?

[Silence]

General JANG: We have a plan…we have thought this through…even if we don’t know who is behind this, we can still have the upper hand if we investigate properly…that’s why all of you are needed.

You know that the twelve of you are unstoppable…we need you

JANG WY.: Oppa…it’s okay, as long as we are together I know we’ll be fine…let’s do this

JANG WW.: [Sighs] Fine, but the moment it gets even more dangerous…we’ll return home

General JANG: I’m fine with that…

And don’t worry, General LEE’s youngest daughter will be with your sister all the time. In fact both of General LEE’s daughters will come in two days to arrange everything and then you will fly together to Seoul.

You’ll be fine…you are after all my children