INTRODUCTION_1

Red Eyes

Related image

INTRODUCTION: The darkest night 

500 years ago the only Vampire community resided in Korea. The Vampire clan was at first conformed by a really small group of people, maybe because other people like them didn’t know they were different from humans…or better said…special.

As time went by, this small community started to get bigger, giving place to the creation of the first Vampire’s town Pleiades. And since rules and order was needed, the first council was formed. Said council was made up of seven leaders, chosen by their own kind for their intelligence, honesty, good judgment and of course, their special skills.

However, given the strong temper of each leader, constant arguments took place since they often disagreed with the decisions that were to be made.

Therefore, the town decided to choose only one to rule them all, and leave the others as advisors. Hence, the wisest of them all, was chosen as “King” and the rest were assigned as counselors & generals for the King.

And, although at the beginning everything was peaceful and the community of Vampires was getting stronger, things turned sour quite rapidly.

The main problem was…humans. Since at the beginning no one really knew the difference between Vampires and humans, both “species” were able to live in harmony for quite some time. However, circumstances made Vampires show their special skills in more than one occasion, giving place for humans to realize the power Vampires had.

For instance, when a group of mercenary threatened the people of not only Hyades, the town where humans lived, but also Pleiades, the King IM Kahi… decided to interfere and send some of their Vampire soldiers to face the adversary.

Needless to say that the Vampire soldiers easily defeated the mercenary; but in consequence, the people of Hyades noticed that the people Pleiades of wasn’t like them, and that began to create friction among both towns.


 

 

With the pass of time, some of the friction cooled down, but for the Vampires misfortune some rumors were spread to other towns…most of them were false…but they harmed even more the relationship between humans and Vampires.

One of the most ridiculous rumors made was the most damaging of them all. And maybe, the reason why it all went down with the town of Pleiades.

At that time there were some people, obviously humans, disappearing in the middle of the night…no one knew what was happening to them…not even the Vampires. But fear can turn a simple situation into a crisis, and that is what happened back then.

Given that there was no explanation on why people of Hyades and some nearby towns were disappearing, a rumor was started by someone, who claimed that saw a person of the town of  Pleiades with his mouth full of blood.

Soon, this rumor was spread like fire and people of Hyades and nearby towns assumed that the people of Pleiades were responsible of the missing people, and what is worst…that they were drinking their blood.

You must know that, unlike what most books and movies say, Vampires don’t drink human blood. Yes…they used to drink blood…but only because they all have an Iron deficiency that must be compensated by the ingestion of this mineral through…at that time…blood. Not human, but bovine blood.

So, although what that person must have seen at that time was a Vampire drinking his daily portion of bovine blood, the damage to the Vampire community reputation was already made…and there was no way of mending it…not when there were some people interested into destroying the Vampire clan.  


 

 

Years went by in a blink, at least for humans…and therefore the ones that were once young became aware of the biggest advantage Vampires had…indefinite youth. 

Due to their prolonged life, Vampires also accumulated richness that combined with their good looks and unbelievable powers made them unstoppable. Vampires then were admired by some, but mostly feared.

Then, an admirable adversary emerged from the hatred and jealousy that the Vampires’ power generated. This adversary turned the people that once lived in harmony with the Vampires, against them.

This group of people, or more like hunters, used the fear that the people of the nearby towns already had, and increased it…creating panic and most importantly hate. Because there is no better weapon than fear to the unknown.  

In addition, the leaders of this group of hunters dedicated their lives to constantly observe the routines Vampires had. Their only objective was to detect any weaknesses that could help their cause.

And, unlike what they have expected, Vampires were quite “normal” since it wasn’t necessary to use any special weapon to harm them…unlike movies, you don’t need crosses, wood daggers or garlic to hurt Vampires. Vampires can be killed just like any other human…they’re after all just more evolved human beings…the only problem was on how to capture them since Vampires are stronger and faster.

In addition, the King and the other six leaders (or the King advisors) actually had developed special abilities over the time which gave them a huge advantage.

However, the hunters didn’t give up that easily and discovered that Vampires have a skin problem…they are photosensitive (also known nowadays as sun allergy). And although Vampires didn't turn into ashes when they were exposed to sun light, they did became weak.

So, using this knowledge, the hunters combined an attack at broad daylight with an immense army…and well…it’s easy to guess who won. Because when the Vampires were outnumbered, even their special abilities couldn’t help them.

A massacre took place, and many Vampires were killed…there was no chance to surrender…since in the eyes of the hunters, they were all monsters.

The King and the six leaders were able to escape with a few others, their huge community was reduced so drastically that even the King herself couldn’t believe what was happening.

And then, when the night fell, they all were witness of their town being burned to ashes, all the things they worked so hard to create…vanished.

That night…the only thing that could be heard were the cries of the families that got to escape and the screams for help of the ones that didn’t.


 

 

The few Vampires that could escape, hid themselves in the forest…they needed to re-evaluate their next steps. They could not return…even when general JANG (one of the six leaders) was determined to fight against the hunters…they just could not…they could not dare to lose more people.

And so, after consulting with her advisors, the King took the hardest decision ever…to leave everything behind and search a new community where they would hide their identities and live as mere humans.

If they wanted to live…the Vampire community would hide in the shadows and they would never reveal their identities.

Therefore, for the well-being of the clan…the King and the six leaders decided to part ways, taking the survivors with them…at least like that it would be easier for them to hide.

And so, the King, the counselor KIM, and the generals JANG & LEE, decided to stay in Korea, taking each a region of the country (North, South, East and West).

On the contrary, the other three leaders decided to escape to other countries like Japan and China, in order to stablish a new community there. The counselor SON and the general JUNG went to China, while the counselor OH decided to go to Japan.

 

On that fateful day, although the community of Vampires separated…they somehow became stronger...because the darkest night produces the brightest stars. And so, they all promised to remain as one…and when the King demanded it…they would all gather once again no matter what because…they are a family for life.