Soulmate

Wenrene Angsty shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In this world people were fortunate enough to know their soulmates. Well not all people because some fortunate one's have their soulmates name on their right side of chest. So they have to find their soulmates for a happily ever after. Seungwan was one of them. She had her soulmates name on her chest from her teenage years but she's 26 now and haven't found her Bae Joohyun. She's not afraid though she knows if they are meant to be together they will meet. They surely will meet because she is her soulmate. She just had a hope that she will live her life with Joohyun. Only Joohyun. She had never been in a relationship but knows how to love somone and she saved her all love for her one and only soulmate. Seungwan craved for love, for Joohyun's love. It will be a lie if Seungwan didn't try to find her soulmate. She did on SNS. But she found only Joohyun not Bae Joohyun. 

Seungwan sleeps everynight by dreaming of Joohyun. How her soulmate looks? Well it doesn't matter to her. She will love her the most. She has passed her life imagining her name with Joohyun's. Her friends thinks she's silly. 'You haven't even met her and you are this smitten.' They would laugh at her but she ignores them. They don't know how to love. Some of them had their soulmates name but still dated other guys just to have fun. To Seungwan love is not fun, love is a emotion, a feeling that only comes for a certain person. Sometimes it fades and Seungwan gets afraid what if her love fades? She cannot let her love fade away so she thinks of her soulmate brushes her fingers over the place that has her soulmates name and smiles goofily. She can't wait to meet her love. 

Seungwan envies her co-workers who have found their soulmates. She likes to hear their story how they met, how they had their first date, their first kiss. She gets jealous. She wants to be with her soulmate too. Where are you my love? she shouts in her mind and chuckles at her silliness.

 

"Did you hear?" Joy faced Seungwan who was working in her computer. She had lots of unfinished work.

"What?" She asked not facing the girl.

"A new girl joined HR department." getting no response Joy rolled her eyes and crossed her arms to get her co-workers attention

"Care to guess her name?" She raised her one brow and Seungwan looked at her in confusion.

"How would I know her name?" 

Joy sighed "her name is Bae Joohyun you dumb!" Seungwan's eyes went wide and her jaw dropped on the floor. She couldn't form any word and Joy closed told her to go and meet her.

Seungwan didn't know how she ended up in HR department. She was standing there dumbly like she didn't know how to walk. 

"You okay ,buddy?" Seulgi asked. She worked in HR.

"Yah!!!!" Seulgi shook her by the soulders and then Seungwan looked at her.

"Where is she?" 

"Where's who?" 

"Bae Joohyun." 

"There she is" Seulgi showed her pointing her index finger. She was smirking finally her friend found her soulmate. Bae Joohyun sure is lucky.

Seungwan couldn't believe her eyes. There was sitting the most beautiful girl she had ever seen. Is this really her soulmate? She looked at her and then faced seulgi who was wiggling her brows in a weird manner and Seungwan pointed at her love "Her?" she whispered. "Go and talk wannie. Fighting." 

So Seungwan went to her table and stood awkwardly and Joohyun didn't even knew there was someone standing. She was doing her work. Seungwan cleared to get her attention. and When their eyes met Seungwan swore she saw heaven. 

"How can I help you?" The brunette asked politely

"Am I dead?"

"What?" 

"Oh sorry. I-I am Son Seungwan I work in the IT department? "

"Well, sorry am I supposed to "

"No no no. My friend Seulgi works here and she said you joined today and your name is Bae Joohyun"

"Yes that's correct."

"I just wanted to meet you" Seungwan smiled and so did Joohyun

"Well nice to meet you Seungwan"

"See you later then"

"Yeah"

 

'OMG OMG I talked to her'

"Well, how did it go?" Joy asked and Seulgi looked at her for her answer.

"Nice" Seungwan said dreamily.

"Did you tell her that you are her soulmate?"

"No." Joy flicked her forhead in annoyance and Seulgi facepalmed

"What? It hurts joy!" 

"So? you should have told her you pabo! you waited all this years and now you meet her and just say nice to meet you? "

"Relax. She would find me weird if I tell her that on our first meeting"

"I bet she already does" Seulgi said

"Hey!!"

 

So Seulgi and Joy had a plan to make them talk again. Seulgi invited Joohyun to have lunch with her. So there they were Seulgi facing Joy and Seungwan facing Joohyun in a restaurant that were near their office. They ordered ate their food while talking about their boss. They also shared their hobbies and some personal stuff like Seulgi is Joy's soulmate to make Joohyun comfortable. Joohyun appreciated their gesture. She personally is a shy person around new people. She opens up when she gets comfortable. Since Joy and Seulgi were talking she thought she should try to talk with a certain hamster that was eating so fast. 

"Were you always interest in technology?" Joohyun asked eyes fixed at Seungwan.

"M-Me?" Seungwan pointed her index finger at her and the brunette nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, you can say that. My parents wanted me to study medicine but I insisted on studying enigineering. I always wondered how softwares were made and how it made us so fast and developed. I am more interested in AI though but I am working in IT. " Seungwan stopped realizing that she was rambling "Sorry. I tend to talk too much."

"It's okay. I am a good listener and I really wanted to know so it's fine actually." Joohyun reassured and Seungwan smiled at her.

"How is work? I mean are you comfortable working here?"

"Yeah. Work is fine and everyone is friendly here specially you guys."

"You can always count on us. If you need any help you can ask me anytime."

"Thanks Seungwan." Wendy blushed hearing her name on her soulmates voice. 

 

"When are you going to tell her?" Joy said annoyingly

"I will"

"Then go now. She must be leaving now." Joy stood up and pushed Seungwan

"But-"

"No buts unnie. Just go and tell her that you are her soulmate and get married have kids. Please I don't want to lose any lunch date with Seulgi. " Joy pleaded and haded Wendy her bag. Wendy sighed and ran out to catch Joohyun.

When Seungwan reached the ground floor she smiled seeing Joohyun but then she noticed she wasn't alone. There was a man talking to her with his gummy smile. Seungwan didn't thought much about it and ran to Joohyun.

"Hi" 

"Hi Seungwan" Joohyun smiled and so did the man.

"Hello, I am Son Seungwan" Seungwan bowed to the man

"Hello Miss Seungwan. I am Park Bogum." he bowed slightly his smile never faded.

"Are you leaving now?" Seungwan asked

"Yeah." Joohyun paused then looked at Bogum "Actually we have a date today" He continued

"Date?" Seungwan was in shock. She felt her hands and feet getting cold.

"I totally forgot to tell you guys. He is my boyfriend." 

 

 

Seungwan didn't hear anything after that. She didn't even realize that she was standing alone now. She felt her world crashing down. She felt her cheeks wet and she started running. She ran until she couldn't anymore. She didn't know where she was all she could think of was Joohyun. Bae joohyun her soulmate is dating another man. She didn't wait for her. But what about her? What about Joohyun's name that is engraved in her chest from her teenage years? No she needs to know more. She needs to tell her friends.

 

"Are you really sure about that?" Seulgi asked while sliding her hand on wendy's back. The latters been crying ever since. 

"Yes Seul yes. She told me that she forgot to mention that she has a boyfriend."

"Stop crying unnie. We didn't come to your house this late to see you cry. Let me think." Joy said while pacing.

"I think there is nothing serious about it. She knows that she has a soulate yet she is dating means they are just dating for fun." Seulgi said

"Yes, you are right baby. That Park Bogum also have a soulmate and so does Joohyun. Unnie just needs to tell her."

"Tell her what?" Seungwan finally spoke

"That her name is on your chest." Joy rolled her eyes

"But she has a bf. She told me and how can I tell her that now?"

"You have to tell her Wan. There is no other option" 

 

It's been a week Seungwan tried so many times to talk with Joohyun but the older couldn't give her any time because of her sudden workload. So Seungwan decided to wait again. She waited all these years so some more days didn't matter did they? 

It was weekend. Seungwan was in bus coming back from her grandfather's grave. She suddenly saw Joohyun in the streets. She told the driver to stop the bus and she got off. She ran to follow Joohyun. The older was walking very fast. Then Seungwan saw Joohyun entering a cafe. She was about to enter but stopped. Joohyun ran to the table Bogum was sitting and he stood up to catch Joohyun on his arms. Joohyun was laughing ans Seungwan wished to hear that melodius laugh. He took her down and then they kissed to passionately. Joohyun's hands grabbed his shirt tightly and he placed his one hand on her waist and other on her neck to deepen the kiss. They kissed like they missed each other. Like long lost lovers reuniting again. Then they parted with a shy smile and sat down. He was telling something and Joohyun laughed again. With a sad smile Seungwan left the place.

 

"So you are saying that you saw them at a cafe?" Seulgi was sitting beside Wendy on her couch.

"Yes"

"And you think Joohyun looked happy?"

"Yes"

"So you are not going to tell her that you are her soulmate?"

"Yes"

"Are you out of your mind,unnie?"Joy really wanted to scream but she didn't wanted to scare her soulmate.

"Joy relax. Let me talk to wannie"

"Tell me why wan"

"At that moment I realized that they both love each other very much that they couldn't wait for their soulmates.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter