Happily Never After

Wenrene Angsty shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wendy and Joohyun first met when they were 10 years old. Wendy's family came from Canada and they bought the house beside Joohyun's. Wendy was a bright and out going child. So, she made the shy Joohyun came out of the nutshell and made friends with her. Wendy and Joohyun became best friends when they were 12 years old. Wendy was young but when she held Joohyun's hand for the first time she knew it was something special. A special bond she would always admire and never destroy. 

 

They were so close that nobody could separate them. They used to have sleepovers all the time and Joohyun would always cling to Wendy while sleeping. Joohyun detested physical contact but with Wendy she initiated it which surprised herself. She just liked to be in Wendy's arms. Wendy made her feel secure and safe. Wendy made her feel special. Wendy treated her like a princess. So, she wanted to treat Wendy good too. She knew Wendy was a selfless person who would never burden other people despite having hard times. Not even Joohyun her best friend. She would always hide her problems from Joohyun which made her angry and sad. Joohyun wanted Wendy to tell her everything. Everything including her feelings for Joohyun.

 

Wendy knew she loved Joohyun but she never knew it was more than just loving a friend. She was young and confused with herself. She was supposed to like guys like other girl's in her class. But she didn't find any boy attractive enough to like. She didn't felt anything when every girl of her class was drooling over the hot guy of their school. She didn't and nor did Joohyun. Rather, she felt attracted to Joohyun. She would always look out for Joohyun. Her eyes would always find her no matter how many people are crowded, she would always find Joohyun and smile at her. She couldn't let a day pass without seeing Joohyun. It has become a habbit. A habbit  that didn't changed or Wendy didn't wanted to change. 

 

 

Joohyun would always wait for the time when Wendy would walk her to her house and she would hug her. She liked how warm Wendy felt and she liked how gentle Wendy was with her. She like how Wendy would always hold her hands while walking through stairs. She liked how Wendy would look out for her everytime she felt uncomfortable. She liked how Wendy knew what she wanted to eat and the latter would surprise her with the food she was craving for. Joohyun would give her a smile. A smile Wendy would reply with hers. Wendy would give her different smiles and Joohyun loved all of them. Wendy would give a sheepish smile whenever she did something Joohyun didn't like. Wendy would give a small smile while scratching her neck whenever she was embarassed. Wendy would give a eating grin whenever she made Joohyun cringe at her greasy lines. Wendy would give a full smile whenever she met Joohyun every morning. Like a shunshine. Wendy was Joohyun's shunshine.

 

Wendy admired Joohyun very much. Joohyun was the strongest girl she ever knew. She knew that no other girl could be as strong as Joohyun. She saw Joohyun as her best friend. She saw her ups and downs. She saw how Joohyun managed everything and stood again. She saw how Joohyun never cried. She saw how Joohyun never showed her weak side to anyone. She saw how Joohyun held her tears and gave strength to others while herself was uncertain. Joohyun is the best woman of this generation. Wendy admired her very much.

 She never showed her fears
Or let you hear her cries.
She never showed the tears
That fell down from her eyes.

She never looked for pity
Or sympathy from you.
That's why she'll always be
The strongest girl I ever knew.

 

 

When they were in college they had so many friends which made them a bit distant. They had to make time to meet alone and share their daily stories. That time they both missed each other so much. Wendy started writing poems for Joohyun. She liked it how she could think of Joohyun for hours and express it on a piece of paper. If it's decent enough she would show the latter and earn a laugh and 'Greasy Wendy'. Joohyun would hit her arm playfully but she knew Joohyun loved it. 

 

She has her own special way
Of turning around my terrible day.
She makes all the bad things go away
The second that she says hey.

And when I look into her eyes,
I see pure beauty with no disguise.
Just a glance at her makes my heartbeat rise.
I know for a fact that these feelings aren't lies.

If only she knew
How much my love for her grew,
Maybe, just maybe, we could start something new,
And then I'd never feel blue.

And if beauty were inches, she'd go on for miles.
I'd better catch her before I go out of style.
I'm going to let my heart be my dial
So I can tell her what I've been feeling for a while.
 


Many poems were stored in Wendy's blue diary which was unknown to Joohyun. Most of the poems represented Wendy's feelings for Joohyun that she might never know. Never realise as the dumb girl didn't tell her. 

 

 

Joohyun loved Wendy's voice. Joohyun would never miss the chance to hear Wendy's singing. Even her birthday song have to sang by Wendy alone so she could hear her voice clearly. Wendy sang so many songs for her but Joohyun was shocked and happy when Wendy sang her own written song only for her. It was Joohyun's birthday gift and Wendy's sinceret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter