The East and South (14)

Fast Break: The East and the South
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 14 • Planetarium

 

It was the time of the year when people rarely go to planetariums. I asked my father if he could reserve that planetarium for a whole day, he gladly agreed and told me to just show the An Family sign on the lobby. An Yujin tied her black Off White X Timberland boots, before she went out of the big white mansion where her family lived. She wore a plain white three buttoned white shorts that shows off her white thighs, her oversized dark green and indigo plaid blouse is tucked in on her shorts. Her medium length hair was down, and she made sure to put one to two ear piercings to look cool enough to her tastes, her eyes are covered by the Rayban Clubmaster Classic shades to shield her eyes from the blinding sunlight. On her left shoulder was her Dolce & Gabbana Sicily small leather shoulder bag. Her left wrist, adorned by the 18 karat rose gold and diamond watch—the Chopard Happy Sport 36mm Automatic Watch.

 

It wasn't her choice to wear expensive things such as those on her first date with her future partner, it was her mother who coordinated what she had to wear for her very special day.

 

It's time to reveal myself to Jang Wonyoung. She rode a black Hyundai Verna waiting outside their house. She asked her family driver to bring the car over to the shared house where Wonyoung went home with her teammates yesterday.

 

On her way, Yujin remembered the first time she saw her. She kept on denying that she already fell for her, They must fall for me before I fall for them… huh? She chuckled. When both of them got locked in their room, she was frantically asking her how they'd get out of that room. The day she learned about her problems, and how she pretended to be someone lower than her when in fact, in the underground, her family stands higher than the Jangs.

 

It felt funny how she knows a lot about her, and she doesn't even tell her about herself.

 

An Yujin remembered everything as clear as the windows of her car, when she almost kissed her on that certain night, and that time when she kissed her when she was drunk. Her feelings grew stronger and stronger the more she denied it by going out with Kim Minjoo.

 

••

 

“Yena, Yujin said she's on her way here.” Yuri rubbed her eyes, she just woke up. She was too tired that she slept until the eleventh hour in the morning.

 

“Yeah, she said she's on a black car. Girl's about to get Wonyoung for their planetarium date or something.”  Yena let out a big yawn before lying on the couch to sleep once again.

 

“I'm so in love with Eunbi.” Chaewon stared at her phone dreamily while sliding her fingers on the screen, she was looking at her photos with her older girlfriend.

 

“Chaewon, that's the fiftieth time you said that while looking at those photos. And are you sure you didn't get any broken bones after you caught Coach Kwon who jumped of the railings?” Hitomi sipped her cup of tea while slowly taking a bite of her favorite bread.

 

“Of course I didn't! I'd catch her anytime, y'know. Hitomi.” Chaewon retorted.

 

“Good morning! Is Wonyoung awake?” Yujin slammed the door open, she removed the sunglasses covering her eyes. Her housemates were surprised to see her wearing expensive accessories, particularly Kim Chaewon.

 

“What the…? An Yujin? Are you aware that you can feed a whole orphanage with the total cost of the accessories you're wearing right now?!” Chaewon exclaimed, walking towards Yujin who was confused on what she was saying. “Where'd you buy those? Are those the cheap and fake ones? Tell me where, it looks real.” Chaewon whispered.

 

“Sorry but… these are the real ones.” Yujin explained.

 

“Huh?!” Everyone in the room exclaimed in confusion. “Did you shoplift?! What'd you do?!” Yena grabbed her shoulders and looked at her in the eyes.

 

“I didn't shoplift! These are from my parents.” She smiled at them.

 

“Come think of it, you don't tell about your family that much— oh, good morning Wonyoung!” Yuri greeted.

 

“What is the commotion all about—” Wonyoung was rubbing her eyes, she then gasped once she saw Yujin wearing familiar expensive accessories. “Yujin?! Why are you… wearing…?” Her eyes widened as she asked.

 

“Wonyoung, we're going to the planetarium today, right?” she smiled as she placed the glasses on her pocket.

 

“Oh my gosh! Wait!” On her oversized pringles shirt, and small black shorts, she raced her way to the shower. Yujin patiently sat on the couch, her teammates still in awe on what she was wearing.

 

“Now Yujin, mind explaining how you got those?” Chaewon raised a brow.

 

“I'm the only daughter of the An Security's Owner. Well, our family's connected to the underworld, police, politics, yada-yada I don't even know about those. But it would help if you'd keep it a secret.”

 

“Yujin, I don't believe you.” Yena stared at Yujin in disbelief.

 

“I'll believe if you show us some proof.” Yuri crossed her arms and leaned on the wooden chair she was sitting on. “If you really are the daughter of someone from the underground, prove it.” Yuri confidently smirked at her.

 

Yujin took a heavy breath, everyone in the room was inspecting her very little movements. She placed her phone down after sending a message that contained a single letter. A few minutes earlier, they noticed how she was reluctant to send it. I wonder what's the content of that message? Yena thought to herself.

 

They heard a knock on the door, Hitomi stood up and opened it. She ran towards the kitchen after seeing the people outside.

 

Men in black suit, with their arms full of tattoos, even their necks went inside. Gangsters.

 

“Boss, is there something we have to do? Broken pipes? Clogged toilet bowl? Anything?” A tall and thin man entered, his white short button down collared shirt's top two buttons undone. His

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter