10.

Forget Me Not

Author's note:Hi, I'm back.Sorry for the long wait but school has been keeping me busy.And I still have a lot of work to do but I thought maybe I should upload this first so here it is.Btw,have you guys seen Wakey Wakey? Our Fullsun is back I'm so happy.I still can't get over Johnny's wig tho lol.

 

 

That night,Haechan lay on his bed and stared at the ceiling for hours. His tears had dried but his brain is still in haywire after he made the new discovery. The boy tried to make sense what is happening. If the two boys in the photo were really him and Mark,then that means they have met years ago.

Haechan racked his brain, trying to remember what Mark told him about his childhood friend.If he remembers correctly,Mark said the boy's name is Lee Donghyuck and he was 5 when he left the country.

 

 

Lee Donghyuck...

 

 

"Is that...my real name?",he said to no one. "So,all this time,we knew each other and I didn't even recognize him?"

 

Neither did Mark, a voice in his head says.

 

"Maybe Mark just forgot? After all, it's been so many years.Of course he didn't recognize me",he tried to convince himself. Yet,it still didn't stop the wave of sadness crashing on him, drowning him in his own sorrow as one thought stood out from the rest,

 

Mark had forgotten about him.

 

Tears welled up in Donghyuck's eyes.He rubbed them furiously,not wanting his best friend to see him cry.

 

"I'll come back", determination laced his voice.

 

The boy in front of him look so disheartened but when the younger said those words,his eyes looked hopeful, "Promise?"

 

"Promise".

 

 

 

"Haechan? Haechannie!"

A loud voice and a nudge on his foot jerked him awake.The first thing he saw was Johnny's smug grin directed at him.

 

"Wakey wakey~"

 

His reply was a loud groan and a mumbling that sounds like "5 more minutes".

 

"No can do,baby bro.You're late for school"

 

This caught the younger's attention.He quickly sat up and checked the time on his phone. The numbers 7:30 displays itself on the screen.He was supposed to be up 45 minutes ago.

 

"",He quickly pushed his covers aside,got up and sprinted to the bathroom.

"Language!",Johnn shouted from the bedroom.

 

"Sorry!"

 

The younger got himself ready as fast as he can.Even going as far as sorting out his uniform while brushing his teeth with one hand.

Meanwhile,Johnny sat on Haechan's bed, watching amusingly as the boy run around the room to get his stuff for school while he sips his coffee.

 

" Did you stay up late last night?", the older took a guess on why his dongsaeng overslept.

 

"I did. Couldn't sleep",said Haechan while rummaging through his bag for his books.

 

"Something on your mind? Does it have anything to do with why you came running home last night?"

 

The rummaging stopped. 'Looks like I'm right', Johnny thought.

 

Haechan's mind came reeling back to the party.From the part he was having fun with his friends to the part where Mark kissed him and called him cute and lastly, the part where he brought Mark home and stumbled upon a photo taken years ago. The same photo he has. 

 

"Do you wanna talk about it?", Johnny asked.He was met with silence. The younger only hung his head low. "If you don't want to then I'm not going to force you. But just know that if you have any problems, I'm all ears,okay?"

 

It's not that he doesn't want to talk to Johnny about his memories or about Mark,it's just that he doesn't think he's ready yet. It all happened too suddenly. And the dream...he needs more time to process it.He will tell Johnny later, when he's ready.

 

The younger nodded earning a smile from his hyung. "Good boy.",he ruffled Haechan's hair, "Come on, I'll drive you to school.You won't make it on time if you walk", Haechan opened his mouth to speak Johnny cut him off, knowing what he's going to say "And don't worry about Mark.He came before you woke up so I had to tell him to go ahead"

 

 

Johnny was right. He wouldn't make it on time if he walked to school like usual.He barely made it by car with only 5 minutes to spare.As soon as the car parked,he unbuckled his seatbelt and quickly got off, shouting a "Love you,bye!" to Johnny in the process.He wasted no time sprinting to the building and into class.Luckily, his homeroom teacher hadn't arrived yet as he took a seat and let out a relieved sigh. "Phew,made it",his voice still breathless from all the running.Renjun his seatmate, chuckled beside him. "Gosh,Haechan you look tired"

 

And Donghyuck,well Haechan because that's what everybody calls him,admits that Renjun's words were true.His fatigue eyes were red from excessive rubbing,not to mention his eye bags looked like it can rival a panda's.Ugh,he can definitely look better than this.Stupid dream.

"Yeah,I overslept"

 

There was a sly smile on Renjun's face, "I can tell.At your boyfriend's house?"

 

"What? My boyfriend?",he asked, confused. Renjun scooted closer to his seatmate, trying to pry information, "Mark Lee, the golden boy of this school?"

 

Donghyuck's eyes went wide and his cheeks blushed madly, "What? No! He's just a friend and we didn't do anything! I just brought him back to his house!".He tried to ignore the way his heart dropped when he said 'friend'.

 

His friend's hands were raised in surrender, "Okay, okay,I was just asking.Geez, don't get so worked up" This calmed the other a little. "But",he added,voice sounding concern now,"from what I saw last night,both of you were really into the kiss...until Mark passed out, probably drunk"

 

"You saw us? You didn't tell me you went there"

 

"Chenle is my friend too now don't change the topic.You like Mark, don't you?"

 

He felt the air knocked out of his lungs.Does he? His mind traced back to that moment.He remembered being frozen in the spot when Mark leaned in.But he didn't felt like freaking out.It was the opposite actually.Sure,he was a bit surprised but at the same time felt like it was alright,like he wanted Mark to kiss him.And when the older did,god,he still remembers how his chest felt light.He remembered kissing back and there was this strong urge to wrap his arms around Mark and pull him closer.It all came to him so fast until the older pulled away.

 

"I..." 

Then he remembered what occurred next.He had to half-drag, half-carried Mark home because the latter passed out drunk.He was just about to leave the bedroom when he saw Mark's journal and decided to open it, revealing the photo of them from years ago.And that's when he broke down.

 

He let out a long sigh, trying to calm down. "Does it even matter if I do?He probably doesn't remember what happened.What if he doesn't feel the same?"

 

'I'm only his old best friend who had been gone for years',he swallowed this painful thought.

 

Renjun frowned, "You don't know that.Talk to him."

 

'How?',he thought. He can't just go 'Hey Mark,I'm actually your friend Donghyuck who left you for years.I know this because I looked into your journal.By the way, I like you'. He really wants to say that but Renjun's been really nice to him and he doesn't want to let him down so he replied with, "I'll try"

 

 

Classes seemed to go by in a blur.Before they know it, the bell rang, signalling lunch break.Donghyuck joined the stream of students heading to the cafeteria while Renjun head off to another direction to find his friends.

Donghyuck sat at their usual table with his tray full of food with Jaemin joining him. The former found it weird he didn't bring Jeno with him.

 

"Where's Jeno?"

 

"Oh,he's coming.He's just looking for Mark"

 

"Oh"

 

"So...",a smirk painted Jaemin's lips, "Wanna tell me what was that last night?"

 

Donghyuck,who was halfway scooping his spaghetti,froze. The familiar blush creeping up to his face, "You saw?",his voice turned timid with how heavy Jaemin's gaze was on him.

 

"That you and Mark were kissing in the corner and then left together? Yeah,Jeno and I saw all of that", that smirk seems tainting now. "Are you guys together now?"

 

"Not exactly"

 

Confusion graced his friend's features, "No? Then- oh,they're here"

 

Donghyuck followed Jaemin's gaze until it landed on Jeno and Mark walking towards them. Mark.

 

His heart started racing.What should he do? Confront him and confess his feelings? Tell him who he is? But what if he doesn't feel the same? What if he gets mad again if he knows Donghyuck looked into his journal? What if he hates him when he knows who Donghyuck really is? So many what ifs filled Donghyuck's mind in those few seconds of Mark walking closer to the table.

But then Mark flashes him a smile and Donghyuck couldn't take it anymore. He stood up so abruptly,it made Jaemin flinched in surprise and Jeno and Mark freeze midway.All three of them looked at him in surprise. Donghyuck ignored their looks and mumbled "I gotta go" to Jaemin before sprinting out of the cafeteria.

 

Mark and Jeno sat down,still in confusion.

 

"What was that?",Jeno asked his boyfriend.

 

Jaemin shrugged his shoulders, "Beats me.Maybe it has something to do with last night?"

 

"What happened last night?",Mark asked, completely oblivious.

 

"You don't remember?",Jaemin asked, incredulously.

 

Mark groaned, "Well, the last thing I remembered was getting drunk.Can someone fill me in cause I have no idea how I got home"

 

The couple stared at him in disbelief until Jeno cleared his throat, "Okay,umm,to put this simply, last night you kissed Haechan"

 

Mark's brain went haywire, "What?"

 

"I'm serious! You two kissed! And then you passed out and I think Haechan carried you,well more like dragged you, back home"

 

Right now, Mark was struggling to find the words, "Did he..." Did he kissed me back, was what Mark was going to ask but that doesn't sound like the right question right now. "Do you think he's weirded out of it?",he asked instead.He waited in dread for the answer.

 

"It's hard to tell",Jaemin answered apologetically.

 

'Did he really ran away because of the kiss? Is that why? He's weirded out by me?' .Mark couldn't ignore the pain in his chest as he thought about this.

 

 

 

 

 

 

​​​​​

​​​​​​​​​