9.

Forget Me Not

Mark walked to Haechan's house from his own. The sun was letting out its last ray for the day, making the temperature colder.Too cold for the really tight pants he's wearing.Normally, he wouldn't wear this type of clothing.He would wear his regular worn out jeans or baggy shorts but since they're going to Chenle's party then he's gotta wear something suitable for the occasion.But right now the night winds are getting stronger, making Mark's legs shiver while regretting his decision.He stopped in front of Haechan's house and rang the doorbell. Johnny opened the door and graciously welcoming Mark into the house.

 

 

Meanwhile ,Haechan re-styled his hair for the umpteenth time in front of the bedroom mirror.A frustrated sigh leave his mouth every time a strand of his hair fell out of place.He styled it one more time until he was finally satisfied.Then,he looked down at his choice of clothing.A simple bright yellow sweater and a pair of blue jeans.Nothing too fancy, just right for the occasion.

 

A knock on his door indicates that its Johnny, "Haechannie, Mark's here"

 

"Give me a second!", the boy took one last look at himself in the mirror. Satisfied with himself,he snatched his phone on his desk but accidently bumped his elbow into the pile of text books,causing them to fall on the floor and made a mess. "Damn it!",he whispered quietly so that anyone outside his room wouldn't hear.Haechan quickly pick up the textbooks and put it back on the desk.Suddenly, something falling from the desk and in front of his feet caught his attention.He picked it up, realising what it is.It was the photo of him and another boy. The once clear photo had turned yellowish due to time but the message written on it was as clear as day. Haechan could practically memorise those words he read almost every day.

 

Don't forget me and don't stop smiling

 

He smiled unconsciously before shoving it in his pocket and heading out the door.Out in the living room,was Mark waiting for him. The older looked like a punk rocker with his black leather jacket and an equally black pants that hugged his legs thightly. Mark looked up from his phone and smiled at him. He looks handsome, the younger admitted as he took in Mark's figure.

 

"Hey", the younger greeted him.

 

"Hi",Mark's eyes went up and down the other's body.It makes Haechan feel conscious with his outfit but he tries to not let it show. "You look good",he said in awe.

 

"I already knew that but thanks I'm flattered",that earned a small laugh from the older and Haechan ignored the bubbly feeling in his chest and instead glanced at the clock on the wall.It's already a few minutes after seven.

 

"I think we should go now, we're gonna be late to stop at Jaemin's"

 

Mark glanced at his watch, "Oh,you're right", he looked at the younger with a playful grin and gave Haechan his hand, "So,shall we?"

 

Haechan mirrored his grin, taking Mark's hand, "We shall".

 

They talked about everything on the way to Jaemin's house. The topics ranging from school gossips to the latest Boruto episode.They managed to arrive at Jaemin's house within the agreed time.Jeno was already there so it didn't took to long before all four of them headed to Chenle's.

 

The house was huge, to say the least.Haechan can only gawked at it before Jeno knocked on the door.A blond boy,shorter than him, opened it, "You're late", the blonde scowled.

 

"Hey,at least we're here,you brat",Jeno retorted. The boy only rolled his eyes before landing on Mark and Haechan.

 

"Mark! It's a surprise seeing you here. I thought you don't like parties?"

 

Mark groaned, "I was forced to come".

 

Then,he looked directly at Haechan and smiled widely, "I don't think we've met. I'm Chenle",he gave a friendly hand to Haechan,which the latter shook. "I'm Haechan.Nice to meet you"

 

"So are you Mark's date?"

 

The direct question made Mark choke on his spot and Haechan's ears turn crimson, "Oh,no, we're just friends.That's all"

 

The older didn't know why he feels slightly disappointed at this.It's not like the younger is lying,they are friends.So,why is he feeling like this?

 

Jeno and Jaemin,on the other hand, were amused by the scene and said nothing.After that,Chenle welcomed them in. The loud bass was getting faster and the people inside were dancing,some were already drunk and some were hyped from the sugary drinks.

 

"So for the ones who can't drink alcohol, there's coke on the right side of the room.Alcoholic drinks are on the left.",Chenle told them before disappearing in the crowd to join his other friends.Jaemin,who was feeling the mood to dance, dragged the others to the dance floor,except Mark, who declined.He rather just sit in the corner of the room all by himself than getting squished between drunk and sweaty teenagers.

 

Mark scooted himself to a corner.From there,he can see his friends laughing and having fun.At one point,he actually decided to joined them until a group of girls were standing in the way to his friends, effectively blocking his vision from them.It was not until the girls have moved that he can finally get to see his friends' antics.Only for him to realise the three boys were gone.Lost in the sea of crowds.He went to play with his phone but only got bored of it in 20 minutes.So, the boy got up and decided to get himself a drink.

 

Since Mark is already considered to be old enough for alcohol,he decided to get some beer to keep him company.And by some he meant 3 cans. By the time he was on the third one,Mark was completely drunk,his feet walking wobbly and his words slurred.He sat in his corner after getting his drinks and saw how everyone is dancing to that awfully bad techno music.The view of teenagers stumbling around drunk and falling on the floor with a thud became his source of entertainment.

 

It wasn't until half an hour later, someone sat beside him.It was Haechan.

"Mark,I've been looking everywhere for you.  Damn,this house is so big I don't even know where did those lovebirds went."

 

Mark stole a glance at him.He was gazing at the crowd,a diet coke in hand.One thing about drunk Mark is that he tells whatever is on his mind,wether it be good or bad.Another thing is that he gets super clingy.So,of course,he finds himself scooting closer to Haechan,head resting naturally on the boy's shoulder.

"Umm,Mark?", the younger was confused at what he was up to.

"Do you know I find you cute sometimes?",he nuzzled in the boy's neck.

"What?", Haechan shivered slightly when he felt Mark's lips slightly brushed his neck.

"Especially, when you smile. It's so cute~",Mark cooed.Haechan's face turned red, "Mark, you're really drunk we should get you home"

 

He tried to get the older to stand up and walk by wrapping one arm around his waist to stabilise him.Instead,Mark pulled him for a hug, his head back on Haechan's neck. The latter tried to ignore the wild beating in his chest and focused on getting the older home,"Mark? Let's go,we're leaving"

"But it's waaarm",he whined and hugged tighter.

 

Haechan gave up on trying to break free from the hug and returned it instead.Slowly, the older's head moved away from the boy's neck to right in front of his face, giving the younger a closer look at his face.His eyes were half-closed and his jet black hair although a bit shriveled, made him look more attractive.Haechan steered his eyes down to the boy's lips.They looked so soft and inviting.

 

Wait. Why did he start thinking about Mark's lips? 

 

And why  does it look like its coming closer to his own?

 

Haechan only realised the other was leaning in when they were only a few inches apart.A sense of déjà vu hit him as flashes of the night Mark found him at the playground hit him.But before he can delve deeper into the memory, a pair of lips landed on his. His eyes widened in shock but soon relaxed when he saw Mark's eyes flutter close. He felt a fuzzy feeling in his chest and a sudden wave of comfort. He didn't want this feeling to go away so he closed his eyes and kissed back harder.A few seconds later, the kiss seemed to be getting weaker, like Mark was slowly pulling away. 

 

When the younger couldn't feel Mark's lips anymore, he opened his eyes only to find him passed out on his shoulder.He stayed frozen there for a while,not believing what just happened.

"Did you really just passed out when I just started kissing back?",he said to the sleeping boy in disbelief. Huffing in frustration,he went with his earlier decision to bring Mark back home. He had to half carry,half dragged him out of the house and into the streets. It's a good thing Mark isn't that bigger than him. 'But he still owes me a proper kiss',he thought to himself.

 

Miraculously, the younger managed to get Mark home without any bumps in the road.He carefully layed him on his bed and covered him in blankets.He was about to leave when something caught his eyes. A leather book that says 'journal' on the cover. The older was livid when Haechan tried to open it a few weeks ago.A sudden curiousness filled him.

No he shouldn't. It's rude to invade someone's privacy,he thought.But the unsettling feeling of not knowing something about someone he cares about is killing him.After a short dilemma with himself,he decided to just take a short peek.

 

The contents were mostly about how Mark's day went.Some being good,some being bad.He also noticed a fair amount of time the name Lee Donghyuck appeared in random entries.Mostly about how the older misses him.Then as he was flipping through the pages,he stopped to a page that has a familiar photo in it.He froze. It was a picture of two boys in front of a rollercoaster ride.Exactly like the one he has but without the written message.Haechan felt his heart hammering as his tears started to break out.He looked back at Mark,who was sleeping soundly on his bed. The younger put the book back down as carefully as he can because he can feel tremors in his hands. Panicking about his new discovery,he ran back to his home and went straight to his room, locking it.He can hear Johnny's concerned voice calling for him but he couldn't hear it. All he can hear is his ragged breathing and the sound of his own sobs.

 

Even though didn't retrieve his memories yet, it's been confirmed that the other boy in the photo beside Haechan is him.

 

 

 

It's Mark Lee.