Let's Go Party

The Beautiful Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The team's recovery meal at Kang's Kitchen after the game was a boisterous affair. Still on a winner's high, the boys were energetic and loud, so it was a good thing that Sugeun had the good sense to have them seated by the balcony so as not to disturb the other guests. Being a former athlete himself and having the pleasure to meet and even work with four of the boys earlier, Hodong made sure to prepare extra big servings (the usual serving size was big enough as it was) for the team. The boys all raved over the place and the food, thanking the Kang's Kitchen team for the experience and expressing their hope to come again. Sugeun jokingly told them to feel free to come over anytime as long as they help wash the dishes, something the boys were only too happy to actually do so.

 

As expected, those who did not know were surprised when Jiwon changed his clothes, wore his KK cap and apron, and proceeded to his post behind the restaurant counter. That meant Eun Leader was officially off-duty; it was Eun Manager who saw the team off to where the school van was parked. Dara and Master Hwang would be taking the boys to their respective drop-off points with the school dormitory as the final stop.

 

“See you later?” Jiwon asked Dara before she could open the door to the driver's seat. On the way to KK earlier, they talked about getting a few drinks to celebrate after all the day's work was done.

“Yes,” Dara confirmed with a smile. “I'll send you directions,” she added, motioning with her hand that she would send him a message. Jiwon opened the door for her and made sure that she had her seatbelt fastened before saying goodbye to the boys who were still loudly discussing the game. His quiet gesture was not lost on Dara.

“Take care,” Jiwon said with a nod to Master Hwang and Dara before closing the door.

 

As Dara maneuvered the van out of the parking lot, she looked at Jiwon watching from a distance one last time on the mirror. Dara still could not believe that Jiwon was standing there. She used to just watch him from afar; now they are looking after the team together. He used to be just in her dreams; but not even in her wildest dream did she dare to come to him so closely. In her elation over the team winning the game, she hugged him. Remembering the way he looked at her after that hug was making her heart go on overdrive.

 

***

 

Jiwon and Dara met up at the square where a number of boulangeries and other French or French-inspired establishments were located. They had not made any reservations, agreeing via chat that they would choose where to go once

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter