Falling in Love

The Beautiful Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Football was the last thing on Sandara Park's mind when they as a family decided that she and her siblings would temporarily live with their uncle Park Chulsoo and his wife while her parents ventured on a business overseas when she was 13. Dara, as she is fondly called by family and friends, has always been reliable and independent even as a child. When the family business was stable enough for the Park children to join their parents overseas, Dara opted to stay behind because by then she has fallen so deeply into Master Park's footballing community that everyone regarded her as Little Master.


 

Dara herself has acquired some mad football skills through disciplined training but her small built kept her from playing the game after high school. Even as she attended college she stayed on the team as Master Park's assistant and eventually became team manager.


 

And rightfully so because Dara has an eye for spotting raw talent, and for some reason young players naturally gravitate towards her. She is able to convince parents of some players to let their children play for their school district even if they live out of district. She has managed to make transfer arrangements and accommodation, and although a constant challenge, she is able to rally enough supporters to keep the team going despite the conflicts with the school board.


 

Another football season is upon them, and Dara has just learned of the team budget cut when she clearly informed the board that they need additional funding. Dara is frustrated but what's new, she thought. This set of board members have never taken the time to see a single game. How would they ever appreciate the beauty of it?


 

One game. That was all it took for Dara to fall in love with the beautiful game in general and a specific player in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter