Com' Back

The Beautiful Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eun Jiwon had heard the ball flying to his direction even before he saw it. Acting on reflex, he quickly got up and headed the ball back to the person who sent it his way. He also knew who it was even before he saw him.


 

“Park Ssaem!” Jiwon called out automatically, as if it had not been years since he called someone by this title. He covered the distance between them in a few strides, ecstatic to see the old man with whom he first won a football cup. Master Park, however, was more than a mentor to Jiwon. He was a father figure, and realizing how prodigal he had been, Jiwon felt guilty.


 

“I was wondering if you would remember how to get here. It's been a while, Matthew Eun.”


 

Matthew. There was a time when Jiwon only responded to that name, but it was a lifetime ago. He had not used the name since his unexpectedly early retirement.


 

“It's Jiwon, Park Ssaem.” Jiwon tried to hide his discomfort with a smile.


 

Master Park smiled back with understanding and offered his hand. “Welcome home, Jionnie.”


 

Master Park then tugged Jiwon's hand, turning the handshake into a quick hug, which only made Jiwon feel even more guilty. Really, he should have visited more often, or called, or emailed. Why didn't he?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter