TWENTY: THE PAST

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A 7th grade RoWoon can be seen sitting alone on one of the tables of her school's canteen, amidst tthe noisy surrounding around her; She still can manage to focus on what she was doing.

She was busy reading her book for their science quiz and at the same time, she's doing her unfinished work or a.k.a. her homework.

Regret was all that she was feeling now, she was now cramming because she forgot to do it yesterday night, all because of that stupid family dinner.

Yesterday, RoWoon had finally met her 'new' mother and her supposed to be 'brothers'.

The young lass still can't believe that her father is replacing her late mother, she still not over the fact that her father already loved a woman that was not her mother.

But she can't do anything now, her father and her step-mother would get married in a month prior from now, the only thing she can do is accept and be happy for them.

While she was busy multitasking, a masculine voice called out her name.

She looked behind her and saw her bestfriend/childhood friend, Park BoGum.

The young RoWoon saw herself smiling as she saw that her friend decided to give her company, she scooted a bit and patted the space beside her, offering BoGum to sit beside her.

The young boy gladly accepted the offer and with a smile, sat beside her friend.

"What you doing, Won?" The lad asked her friend while taking a peek on her homework.

RoWoon quickly closed her homework and placed her science book over it.

She put her elbow on top the book while her head was leaning on her hand, looking at her friend.

The young RoWoon felt flustered, she can't let her friend know that she is cramming right now when it's not a hobby of hers to do so.

Adding up the fact that she's the most outstanding student of their batch, it will hurt her pride even more.

"W-What? It's nothing" The flustered RoWoon said.

BoGum looked confused why his friend was acting weird all of a sudden, he wants to ask further but he understands his friend.

'She'll say it anyways, someday but not today' He agreed with his thought and decided to shrug the weird behaviour away.

"Anyways, where's Krys and Chim Chim?" She asked while looking for their two other friends, but truly, she was trying to divert the topic into something else and BoGum seems to be oblivious of it.

"Ah. Don't worry, they will come later. For now, let's spend our alone time" BoGum said to the girl in front of her, giving her a cute smile.

RoWoon couldn't help but smile as well.

Forgetting about her homework, she chatted with BoGum as they waited for their two friends to come.

They talked about their dreams, their life, their problems, what's bothering them this day, what they want to eat, what they want to do after school and of course, their crushes.

"So, are there any boys that caught your attention already?"

"You sound gay, Bongie" They laughed.

"The answer to your question is no, I still haven't found anyone that caught my interest. I'm not rushing anyways" RoWoon said to her friend.

"How bout you?" The lady threw the question back to him.

"Nope" He lied.

There was really a someone that caught his interest.

RoWoon eyed him suspiciously and cocked an eyebrow at him.

"Yeah right" RoWoon rolled her eyes at him

"I swear!"

"Okay then, Mr. Defensive"

BoGum and RoWoon were extremely close eversince they were in diapers, having parents that were college friends with each other, helped them even more to get closer with one another.

They tell each other their problems, secrets and always lend each other's shoulder for the other to cry on.

They promised to tell nothing but the truth to each other, the two of them believes that honesty is what makes their bond even stronger.

Both of their personalities go together, they were fond of each other, they were comfortable with each other, treat each other as family, as brothers and sisters.

RoWoon never expected that the same person in front of her, the person that she treated as family, the same person whom she told her worries, secrets and problems, the same person she trusted, the same person who was her crying shoulder, the same person who she thought that will never do such a thing to her will betray her later on.

Or worse, became her rival towards the one she loves.

°°°°
A group of friends were sitting inside a cafe near their school, they were talking seriously as a map was placed on their table.

"Okay, agent J. You do this" The leader of the group said to the boy in front of her, pointing at a specific place in the map.

She then shifted her eyes to the girl beside him.

"And you, agent S. This is your spot" The girl nodded.

Her finger moved to the next position while her head shifted to the person beside her.

They looked at each other seriously.

"And you, agent B. You will take care of this. While me, I'll take care of the rest"

"Okay, but what's with the code names, Won?" Agent B a.k.a. Park BoGum asked their leader confused.

"Don't mind her, she just watched a lot of spy movies yesterday" Agent S a.k.a. Jung SooJung informed her group mate, she then went back to doing what their leader assigned her.

The leader a.k.a. Kang RoWoon pouted, she was sad that her group mates were not participating on her impromptu skit.

Instead of getting discouraged, she looked at the bright side and still continued her skit even though she was the only one left participating.

"Sh! Our plan will be heard, lower it down, Agent S and Agent B" The leader whispered to the two while the rest didn't pay much attention to it.

They know how childish and stupid their leader gets, she once brought a spray cans and vandalized a wall then she called it bad- even though she just drew a star and a figure of stick men.

And what's worse, she didn't notice that it was the police station's wall that she vandalized, luckily for her, she wasn't caught.

Another time, she told her friends to videotape her jumping off a 3 feet high wall, her friends stopped her but she dismissed it and said...

"I've watched a lot of parkour videos, I know what to do!"

But she ended inside the hospital with a fractured ankle, both of her ankles specifically.

That was only two of her foolish acts there are much more and much worse; Too many to count it off.

Even though she was smarter than her friends, she still lack a sense of realism.

"Cut it out already, Won. You look stupid and you're not a spy, so stop with the crap" Agent J a.k.a. Park Jimin tried to give his friend a slap back to reality.

But RoWoon was hard-headed, her head is harder than a diamond.

"What do you mean, Chim? Everyone can be a spy!" She countered back, making the boy scoff.

"Won, we are not in a secret mission thingy, okay? We are just doing our history project, and stop treating the asian map as a blueprint of a building. Just draw the country that you assigned to yourself so we can go home now"

SooJung was confident enough to destroy her cousin's fantasy that their other friends can't do.

RoWoon stomped her feet and did what her cousin told her, she was thinking inside her head how much a party pooper her cousin is.

All of them was in serious mode now, they want to finish the project early so that they can hangout later.

"Won, is this okay?" SooJung asked as she put up her drawing for the leader to see.

The mentioned girl looked up but her eyes weren't at her cousin, instead they were way behind her; Looking at the lone girl beside the windowpane behind SooJung.

That girl caught her interest, she looked beautiful in RoWoon's eyes.

The way the sun's ray shone on the girl and the orange sky behind her makes her beauty stand out more.

It was like the Gods was telling RoWoon that she's the one; The one you had been waiting for.

Her heart skipped a beat.

'Oh? What's this?' She thought.

For the first time in forever, she finally felt her heart beat faster than the usual with just the mere sight of a person.

She can't help but just be attracted on how elegant, peaceful and beautiful that lone girl is, she could even beat aphrodite with that beauty.

RoWoon suddenly wants to approach her and accompany her through out the day, but of course, she would scare the poor girl away if she did that.

'Is this love at first sight?' She thought to herself.

She didn't notice that her friends were looking at her in a weird way, the middle school was busy getting mesmerized by the lone girl that she couldn't even hear SooJung calling out for her.

"Ya, Kang RoWoon!!" SooJung slammed the table making the aforementioned fall off of her chair.

Unfortunately for RoWoon, the chair also fell with her, making it hit her head; So not only did she hurt her bottom but she will also gain a bump on her forehead later on.

Her fall gained the all of the customer's attention, including the lone girl.

And as expect

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter