NINETEEN: THAT SHOULD BE ME

Written In The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ROWOON

“Is that how you greet your uncle, Rowoon-ah?” 

What?! Uncle?! 

I viewed him and tried to examine if there are any cyphers showing that he was just jesting with me, but no gain; it seems like he’s serious.

“Don’t tell me you don’t know?” He was shocked but I can sense that it was full of sarcasm and plasticity.

He then looked at Irene that I didn’t know was beside me already.

“Did you know, Irene? This lady here is your long lost cousin. So you already met? What a coincidence!” I looked at Irene, she remained expressionless.

She's not surprised?! Hello? your father just said he's my uncle, which makes us technically, cousins!! 

Well, it's not that big deal for her anyways, but for me it is.

“Anyways, I'm Bae KiHyeon. Your mother's brother. Your uncle" My head turned back to my supposed to be 'uncle', he had a smile on his face, a fake one to be exact.

Your my uncle? Well, I don't care.

"Your not going to introduce yourself properly to me?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"What's the use, anyways? You know my name already" I coldly said.

He laughed.

"As expected of a Kang, stingy as always. You remind me of your father, he was stingy man when I first met him but I changed him" He looked me in the eyes as he said the last three words.

Why does it feel like he's pertaining to something but I don't know what?

"With the 4 years I spent with him, I changed him to a different man, a generous, patient and conservative man. I changed him to a better man, but what did he do? He replaced me with 'someone' else" He seriously said.

Why. Is. He. Telling. Me. This?

"Are you done? No one cares" I rudely remarked.

I can see his expression turned darker and his eyes was lit on fire, I can imagine smoke coming out of his nose and ears.

He approached me and grabbed me by the collar, he pulled his face closer to me and looked at me in the eyes.

"Well, I care. Because you're the reason why he replaced me" He whispered.

What?! Why am I included here? I don't know anything.

"Father, put her down" Irene interfered but I told her to stay quiet.

Luckily, she chose to listen to me which made me relieved.

I hardly pushed him away from me, loosing his grip on my collar and stumbled backward.

"You're really getting on my nerves, kid. I'm acting nice here" 

"Show me your true colors then" I challenge him.

"Now, I know the reason why my dad 'replaced' because you're a worthless, rude, evil and unloving piece of !!" I shouted at him.

I guess that hit him real hard because he was now raising his arm with his palm wide open, aiming to slap me.

"Don't hurt my daughter, KiHyeon" An unknown voice coldly said.

A hand was firmly holding KiHyeon's arm, stopping him from slapping me, I looked behind him and saw my dad

KiHyeon turned his head and met gaze with Appa, I saw him grimaced and shoved back his arm.

"Oh, speaking of the devil. Kang Jisung is here, what a shocker!!" KiHyeon clapped slowly, showing off his sarcasm.

Appa looked at him with displease.

"Get out of here, KiHyeon. You're not welcome here" KiHyeon just laughed at what my father said.

"Why? Did I do something bad?" He sadly said with a pout.

"Get out of here, KiHyeon!! Before I lose my patience!!" Appa shouted at him while pointing at the door.

"Get out now!!" Appa shouted again.

His big manly shout echoed throughout this four pillar room.

KiHyeon scoffed and whispered something to Appa before exiting the room with the door slamming.

I saw Appa shook his head before turning his gaze to me, he was with the oppas that I didn't notice earlier.

He approached me and examined me with his eyes.

"Are you alright, Won? Did he hurt you or anything?" He asked while checking my body.

He did not hurt me but he made me confused.

"Is he really my uncle, Appa?" I asked.

He stopped and looked at me with a confused face.

"Please answer me, Appa" He sighed before nodding.

So it's true then.

"H-How?" I know that's a stupid question to ask but I'm just confused right now.

What am I going to find out next? I'm adopted? My life is a dream? I'm dead?

This is a lot to take in, first the reincarnation thing, second the cheating thing and now this?

Can you give me a break first?

"Appa, maybe it's time" SeungGeol oppa butted in which made my attention turn to him.

What is he talking about?!

I gave Appa a confused look as he nodded, are they really going to tell me I'm adopted?

"I'll talk to her, give us some privacy. Accompany this young lady over here as you exit" Appa said as he looked at Irene.

I forgot Irene was still here.

They approached her and was about to leave the room when I grabbed Irene's hand.

"Wait for me, okay? This is going to be quick, I promise" I said to her while smiling then gave her hand a soft squeeze.

She responded with a small smile and I let go of her hand.

"Take care of her for me, oppas" I said to the two and they nodded.

The three of them walked to the door then exited the room.

My eyes went back to Appa again, I watched him as he took a sit on the chair beside my bed.

"What's your relationship with that girl?" Appa asked.

"A friend of mine"

"A special friend of yours you mean?" Appa teased which made me blush.

"I can sense it, you like her, don't you?" I widen my eyes but later on nodded my head.

Am I that obvious? If I am, then why can't she notice it? Of course she won't notice it pabo, because she loves her jerk boyfriend.

"Yeah I like her but she's taken too bad" I sadly said.

Appa smiled and patted my shoulder.

"Don't worry, someone will come someday" He reassured me.

I just nodded.

Yeah, I wish. 

"Anyways, mind explaining what happened, Dad?" I changed the topic.

I don't like talking about this 'love' thing, Love and me are not in good terms with each other after what happened 5 years ago.

So he started explaining and told me the whole story.

I can only say one thing...

What?!

°°°°°
IRENE

SeungBin-ssi and SeungGeol-ssi accompanied me outside, they let me sit on the chair beside the door as SeungBin-ssi sat beside me while SeungGeol-ssi closed the door then he leaned his back on the wall beside me afterwards.

"We meet again, Irene-ssi" SeungBin-ssi greeted me with a smile.

I greeted him back with the same expression he had.

"Do you know that guy, Irene-ssi? How did he enter Won's room?" He asked me with a curious expression.

Well, I actually let him enter the room.

So this what happened, I was watching the sleeping RoWoon when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter