Chapter Four

One Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun was not surprised to see Donghae being extremely quiet, so quiet that even Eunhyuk took notice of it. Although the short man had managed to smile and congratulate his friends flashing his beautiful smile, the silence that followed couldn’t be ignored. The mangnae was shifting his eyes between Donghae and Eunhyuk wondering if the dancer was able to understand the reason of the silent man’s behavior. Eunhyuk was doing the same, looking at the couple to see if something was going wrong in their relationship. How very oblivious!

 

They had moved out of Kyuhyun’s room to the living room where they sat on the couch, television playing something that was redundant for them. Donghae was sitting in between, slowly chewing on the rice cakes. His mind was elsewhere. Eunhyuk was confused at the situation while Kyuhyun was trying hard to pretend something was really wrong between him and his pretend boyfriend. He sighed. Everything had become a ‘pretend’ recently.

 

When Eunhyuk’s eyes met Kyuhyun’s, he mouthed asking if everything was alright. How was Kyuhyun supposed to answer? He wondered himself. Trying to bright the smallest saddest smile on his face, he tried to show the elder that something was wrong but he didn’t need to worry.

 

The friendship that existed between Donghae and Eunhyuk was strong. Really strong. Even though Eunhyuk was probably on cloud nine, he couldn’t help but get worried at his friend’s state. To comfort him, he slid his arm around the short man’s shoulder and pulled him close. He threw a glance at Kyuhyun who started to frown at his action. Donghae froze.

 

“If Kyuhyun does anything to upset you, please tell me. I’ll beat the out of him.” He told to the sad man who had started to tear up. Kyuhyun mentally cursed. Even though Eunhyuk was trying to comfort his friend, he was saying everything he shouldn’t say.

 

“I care about him, hyung.” Kyuhyun butted in. He knew, he just knew, that Donghae was going to burst in tears anytime soon. He had seen those thin lips quivering, something Eunhyuk couldn’t see because of their position.

 

The mangnae tried to pull Donghae before the drops fell down. If Donghae cried, it won’t take Eunhyuk and Heechul to figure out everything. Both of them were really smart. Even though Eunhyuk was stupid for not understanding Donghae’s feeling, he was still smart, especially when his smartness was not needed.

 

“Then why is he upset?”

 

“It was just a game and he lost.”

 

“Do you think Donghae would be upset over something like that?” Eunhyuk was adamant and Kyuhyun needed to extreme measures.

 

“No, he won’t. But had said that I won’t kiss him for a whole week. That’s why he is upset.” He jumped from his place and sat on his knees, in front of Donghae. He held his boyfriend’s face in his hands, looking at the glossy eyes and felt his heart clench. There was something about  Donghae’s tears that made Kyuhyun feel weak.

 

Eunhyuk was not able to see Donghae’s face at all. Kyuhyun didn’t want him to. He bet Donghae shared his feelings on that.

 

“I’m sorry for not caring about your feelings,” Kyuhyun said. “I’m really sorry.”

 

He brought his face closer to Donghae’s. “Hyung, I love you. And I’m going to kiss you now. Can I kiss you?” He asked with a soft voice, so soft that Eunhyuk started to feel uneasy.

 

Eunhyuk let go off of Donghae. He turned his face to other side but didn’t leave. His brain told him not to leave Donghae alone in that state of vulnerability. He still wasn’t sure if the silent man would have been able to forgive his boyfriend or not.

 

Seeing that Eunhyuk wasn’t going to leave and knowing that Donghae’s won’t let him kiss the other easily, Kyuhyun just prayed. He kissed the corner of his boyfriend’s mouth, who blinked and woke up from whatever haze he had entered in. A couple of tears managed to escape from his eyes which Kyuhyun wiped away and placed a finger on Donghae’s mouth telling him to keep quiet.

 

The dancer was too busy ignoring their lovey-dovey time that he didn’t catch up. Donghae then nodded to show Kyuhyun that he was fine loudly asked him if they were okay. That drew Eunhyuk’s attention and Kyuhyun took his seat pulling Donghae close to him before Eunhyuk had a chance to.

 

After a few minutes, Eunhyuk sighed. “So couples are like this,” he mumbled grabbing the attention of the only couple sitting there, which wasn’t even a real couple. “I’ll try not to upset Heechul hyung.”

 

Kyunhyun groaned mentally. At that moment, he really, really not liked Eunhyuk.

 

** ** **

 

“Hyung, I don’t think this can work,” Kyuhyun spoke when he was sure Donghae and he were alone and no one was around. “Our cover was almost blown today. Eunhyuk p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter