Chapter Seven

One Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae brought Donghae to a restaurant where the two ate like pigs. Donghae liked to eat when he was upset and Hyukjae knew it very well. It’s not like Hyukjae was feeling any better. After finishing the meal, the two drove to enjoy Han River’s beauty.

 

“It’s so peaceful here,” Donghae murmured, looking down at the still waters.

 

Hyukjae hummed in response. “I was planning to bring Heechul hyung here.”

 

Donghae chuckled bitterly. “Really? Then why am I here?”

 

“Because Heechul hyung didn’t want to come and you are my backup plan.”

 

“Backup plan? I think you don’t know the meaning of a backup plan.” So when Heechul hyung is not there, I am the substitute?

 

“I know. I’m smarter than you.”

 

“Says who,”

 

“Everyone in this world.”

 

“Whatever,” Donghae rolled his eyes and stayed quiet. He enjoyed the silence and the calm breeze as they strolled side by side.

 

“Fans are taking photos of us,” Hyukjae said. “They think we are on a date.”

 

“So this was your backup plan.”

 

“Yes, now you understand. With today’s date, I wanted to show everyone that it’s HyukChul and not Eunhae.” Hyukjae told him his original plan. Donghae wanted to pretend he didn’t hear anything. Why was that every word coming out of Hyukjae’s mouth hurt?

 

“And now they will think that it’s Eunhae? Won’t Heechul hyung be angry?” Donghae asked.

 

“Why would he be? It’s just you.”

 

Donghae hummed.

 

It’s just you. Someone who has no possibility of ever dating Hyukjae. It was a bitter thought. If he could, he would erase it, start from the beginning and make Hyukjae fall for him. But he can’t do that now. It’s not him that Hyukjae loves. It’s Heechul hyung. He treasures both the men so he has no choice but to support.

 

“But I am aiming for making him jealous,” Hyukjae added and Donghae looked at him quizzically.

 

“Jealous? Are you stupid?” Donghae looked at him in disbelief. “We are talking about Heechul hyung right now. If he knew you were trying to make him jealous then a volcano is going to erupt and you will be blown away by the explosion. And I might be scalded by the lava. That’s so dangerous.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter