Chapter Eight

One Mistake
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun has always been calm and collected one. He can act rude, cute, stupid and bratty sometimes to annoy the members of the group but outside the group, he can call himself to be quite stable and sharp.

 

So why did he fall in love with Donghae?

 

That Donghae who is awkward, quiet and can’t talk properly.

 

Must be because of that face, definitely because of that face. And also that cute smile, so sweet and so bright. And also those eyes, magnetic and sad.

 

He likes how Donghae is cute, even without trying. It’s because whenever he actually tries to be cute, it’s a big fail.

 

He likes how good Donghae is everything – be it dancing, singing, writing songs, acting, creating music. He is really good. Maybe not exactly the best but he is amazing in his own way.

 

He likes how Donghae cares for the members. He is usually he needs care but still, he has the drive to care for the rest of the team.

 

He likes how Donghae is selfless. He puts others before himself. He let others walk over his happiness to make them happy.

 

He likes how Donghae doesn’t want to grow up, how he always wants to stick to the team.

 

Maybe that’s why he likes the man. He wants to watch Donghae acting cute, he wants to look into those beautiful eyes, he wants to keep staring at that handsome face, he wants to protect him forever.

 

There are so many reasons why Kyuhyun likes Donghae.

 

But he hates Donghae too.

 

He hates how Donghae can’t see anyone but Hyukjae. He hates how Donghae is hurting because he can’t stop loving Hyukjae.

 

He wants to hate Donghae for not loving him back but he can’t.

 

Not for that reason.

 

He wishes and wishes every day for Donghae to be with him - to love him and him only. The harsh reality is thrown on his face every time he sees Donghae’s loving eyes on Hyukjae.

 

Seriously hyung, why did you fall in love with him? Why not me?

 

** **

 

Kyuhyun was sleeping when Donghae and Hyukjae returned. His mouth was opened and was snoring, back reclined on the couch and legs stretched out in front of him. Hyukjae scoffed at the sight while Donghae sighed and sat on his side. The television was still on.

 

Hyukjae switched it off as Donghae tried to close Kyuhyun’s mouth. But the mangnae got annoyed and turned his head away. Donghae tried again and received the same reaction. He feared a fly would enter his mouth if he didn’t shut it.

 

“He can’t sleep here,” Hyukjae said. “Good luck with bringing your boyfriend to his room.”

 

Donghae glared at him as his best friend left. He was left alone with a sleeping, heavy Kyuhyun and a job to drag him to his room. He couldn’t do that. Kyuhyun wasn’t light and he might just break his back while lifting him. He was used to lifting Hyukjae and even he wasn’t very light.

 

Thinking about that, Donghae could only remember how Hyukjae felt in his arms. The man fit so perfectly as if they were meant for each other. But now, they were dating different people. It felt like they were living in different worlds. They lived at the same place and among the same people but their hearts had grown apart.

 

Donghae wondered if only he felt that way. He wondered if Hyukjae could also feel the emptiness and the longing. Maybe he did, but it will always be too minute as compared to what Donghae felt. He was in love with Hyukjae, an emotion that wasn’t returned.

 

And Donghae couldn’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter