Pretty Fake

Can I be your first?

“...because you’re cute.” He said. I can feel my face getting hot & red. My heart is beating fast. I tried to avoid his gaze but he tilted my chin to face him.

“Jihyunssi....why are you preten—“ 

“Ehem!” Hyunsik ruined the moment. I distance myself to Ksoo.

“Ya Doh Kyungsoo... are you... in a way pestering Jihyun?” Hyunsik asked.

“It’s none of your business.” Ksoo replied.

“Well. It involves Jihyun so it is my concern.” Hyunsik answered.

“Do you like her?” Although almost everyone knows that Hyunsik has a crush on me, this situation is awkward! I look at Hyunsik and his face is turning red.

“Kyungsoo-ya. Why are you suddenly making people uncomfortable?” Ksoo isn’t looking at me but his eyes are glued to Hyunsik as if waiting for his reply to his question.

“Yes. I like her. And so what?” Hyunsik finally confessed. A confession that wasn’t even a secret to me.

“Have you seen the “real” her?” Now, it’s my time to get uncomfortable.

“Ya!!! Stop it!!!” I shouted. Hyunsik was surprised. I walked going to Ksoo, held his hands, and dragged him somewhere. It wasn’t my intention to leave Hyunsik but I have to shut the mouth of this brat.

“Quit playing this game and tell me what do you want.” I said. 

“Why are you pretending to be someone else?” He asked directly.

“What do you mean?” I asked back. Although I know what exactly is he pointing.

“You are trying hard to be the perfect girl in the campus.” My eyes dilated. His words slapped me.

“It’s none of your business.” I replied. Kyungsoo leans his head towards me.

“It is. Cause I’m disgusted with fake people.” He said. My heart sank a bit. I wanted to get mad but he is just stating the truth. He walked away.

 

[ inside the classroom ]

 

“Before we start our lesson, I just got a message that there will be 2 class representatives for this year’s wizard contest. So our pretty Jihyunie will join Kyungsoo.” Mrs Park announced. Everyone claps and cheers for us. 

I still managed to fake a smile despite the hurt that I’m still feeling towards Kyungsoo's words.

“I’ll give you time to review as a pair. No more lovers quarrel, okay?” Mrs. Park smiled. 

“Yieeeeee” So Hee initiated the teasing & the whole class followed.

 

“They look together!”

“Am I the only one who thinks they are look alike?”

“Omg are they dating?”

 

I can hear them clearly. Dating? Us? No way! I secretly looks at Kyungsoo & he is looking back at me.

“What?!” He mouthed without a sound. This punk.

“Shut up, big eyes!” I mouthed as well.

“Fake!” He mouthed back. He even slip his tongue to annoy me more.

“Ya Kyungsoo!!!” I suddenly blurted out. The whole class looks at us.

“I said no more lovers quarrel, right?” 

Loud teasing can be heard across the room. Wait, why is my heart fluttering all of the sudden?