I Like You Too

Can I be your first?

“Jihyun-ah, i like you.” He confessed as he gave me a peck on the lips. 

The kiss lasted for a second but why do I feel like my voice are all gone? I can’t even speak a word.

“Confessions don’t always need an immediate answer.” He said with a small smile in his lips - the same lips who stole my first kiss.

 

“Hi Kyungsoo-ssi, Jihyun-ssi! Good you’re both here already. Shall we start?” Mrs. Park came just in right time.

We started the usual review but it was so awkward. Whenever I steal glances to Kyungsoo, i can’t help but stare at his lips. Maybe this is the exact reason why people say that first kisses are unforgettable.

 

[ End of review session; campus oval ]

“Let’s eat dinner. I found a hotdog stand near the campus.” He said. I looked at him; my eyes are directly staring at his lips.

“Aniyo. I need to go home.” I said, very awkward. I can feel my face getting hot.

“Are you avoiding me because of my confession?” He asked while holding my arms.

“No.” I said, still looking awkward.

“...the perhaps because of the kiss?” My face feels so hot. Why is he bringing up that kiss right now? Ya. He really has the ability to make people uncomfortable.

“It was my first kiss, too.” He suddenly said.

“And this will be my first time to hold a girl’s hand...” he continued as he grabbed my right hand and wrap it on his’

“Ya someone might saw us.” I said with the very soft voice.

“And so?” I tried removing my hands on his grip but he held it even more.

“When will you start to learn how to care less? Care less on other people’s opinion and start caring more on the things you like.” He is again saying meaningful words that makes my heart flutter more.

“I like you back on the 1st time we competed in a quiz bee. You were seriously competitive but after the contest, i saw your “real“ smile when you deliver the news to your mom that you won.”

“...it was the moment I started to have a crush on you. Then it grew when the universe continues to be on my side. We always compete on different contests.”

 

My hand’s resistance on his grip is slowly disappearing. I adjusted my hand to perfectly fit on his hand.

“Stop.” My voice finally came out. He stopped walking.

“...enough of making my heart beat like crazy.” I continued. He looks at me with his big, beautiful eyes.

“Do you mean—“ before he can finish his words, I started to talk.

“...i like you too.”