Orange Rose [FINALE]

Can I be your first?

[ Time check: 3:45PM ]

-Kakao message from Kyungsoo Oppa-

[ Jihyunie, i’m already infront of your house. Take your time. Just come down if you’re ready.]

I don’t want to keep Kyungsoo oppa waiting so I went down immediately.

“Oppa~” i cheerfully greeted him. I am wearing my blue off-shoulder top, jeans, and black sneakers.

“I thought you’ll be wearing a pink dress and white sandals.”

“Why? You don’t like my outfit? Shall I change?” I said, a bit panicking.

“I’m just teasing you. The “perfect” campus girl would probably wear a dress & sandals but the girl i like will wear something very similar to what you’re wearing.” He said.

“Tsss. Where are we going?” I asked.

“Let’s go, my pretty lady.” He replied while holding my right hand.



We are standing infront of a gray car.

“You know how to drive?” I asked. He nodded. “Let’s go now?” He mouthed without a sound.

We are listening to CNBLUE “Love Light” while Kyungsoo drives.

“you’re a darling
you’re more beautiful than the stars above in the night sky
the shining thing deep inside my heart
my own love light” 🎶


Kyungsoo started to sing along.

“Ya...are you trying to make me blush right now?” I asked. Kyungsoo grinned from ear to ear.

“Here we are.” He said as he parked the car. Are we on a hill top? The breeze relaxes my mind.

“Where are we?” I asked while holding my hair from hitting my face.

“This is my little paradise. And i promise to myself that i’ll bring the girl i like here one day.” He replied as he tie my hair with his handkerchief.

“I cooked something for us. I’m sure you’ll like it.” He said. He get a basket from the car and we eat the snacks he prepared. We spend time chatting about our lives, academics, and random things.

“Ya. I have something to show you.” He said. He stood up and held my hand.



He opened the trunk and i saw a bunch of orange roses. Kyungsoo picked one and gave it to me.

“An orange rose is a combination of yellow which symbolizes friendship and red which symbolizes love.”

“...one guy whom i met at a vacation told me that giving a girl a single orange rose is like saying that she is your first love.”



“Kyungsoo oppa~” I said while directly staring at his eyes.

“I don’t care if i’ll be the second best on quizzes or any contest. As long as i’m the first in your heart. I’ll be happy.”

I move forward to give Kyungsoo a warm hug.

“Oppa~” i hugged him tightly in my arms. He hugged me back tighter.

“Jihyunie... nomu johahae.”

“Nomu nomu nomu nomu nomu chua.” I replied. Kyungsoo loosen his embrace.



He is now looking directly at my eyes. He slowly leans forward and gives me a gentle kiss on the lips. I can feel his smile while kissing which makes my heart flutter even more.


I seek perfection most of the time. I was too absorbed with the idea that being #1 will make me fit in this cruel society. I tried to mask the real me to the point wherein I almost lost my true self before I knew it BUT thanks to the Kyungsoo for coming in to my imperfect life. Making me realize that being able to accept & show the “real” me is best thing I can do for myself.

Ya~ Kyungsoo oppa...thank you for loving my flaws and for making my imperfect life perfect at all.

-end-