one shot, one kill

How to Love An Ahjussi by Kim Jongdae

Hello, in case you're wondering what happened to me afterwards, my soul left my body.

You heard that right. My soul ing left my body.

Just remembering what happened at that time made my will to live shrink, and I am losing, if not having, thoughts already. I know I shouldn't be losing motivation over that, but just thinking of it makes me feel...kind of quitting.

'What's with the sad face?' I turned and saw cat eyes look at me. I was about to retort (thinking it's Secretary Park), but I immediately got shook because he isn't that annoying motherer, but rather, he's my one and only Kim Minseok~

You read that right, my Kim Minseok~ ᕙ( ♡ ͜ʖ ♡)ᕗ

He's having that simple, but devastating smile, which made my nose bleed because he's too adorable! I can clearly see little cherry blossoms floating around along with a pastel pink background glowing behind him.

'I...No...Nothing...' I stuttered, almost speechless at his beauty. I averted his gaze, because seeing him made me guilty of those thoughts like—

Damn, what am I getting sad for? I'm literally throwing a fit because my suitor won't give up on me. I should be putting more effort for Team Manager, who is the reason for my living in this cruel world...

But then again, like a rollercoaster, I remembered the situation I was in. I totally forgot that Yunho-sunbae was his former rival, and the reason why I feel so guilty is because it might happen again. With me this time.

Me? Kill—

'You're not really gonna talk to me?'

I found myself looking in front of Team Manager Kim, with my desk chair turned towards him. Finally getting a grasp in my situation, my whole face immediately turned beet red, with me burying my face to my hands due to embarrassment. But it's not because of him, though. 'Please, not now...'

'Eh? What do you mean?'

'Just turn around...!' I begged turning away from him. 'What do you...?'

Everyone in the office stood, with their phones in hand, recording us two for an addition to their Team Manager Kim/Jongdae fanclub....the main reason of my embarrassment.

The whole day afterwards ended up with me having a dilemma with myself. I know it's unecessary, but it's itching and crawling under my skin.

I was about to go to his office (not because I miss him a lot and that I'm touch-hungry) for some documents given to me but I stopped when I heard some noise from his office.

'It's rare seeing you smiling.' I tried to think who owned this voice for a moment, moving around my eyebrows until I finally realised it was Mr. Choi.

'Shut up, Minho.' Aw, even if he's annoyed, he sounds so cute!

'Just can't quit myself though—you're head over heels with the newbie, aren't you?'

'....'

'Oh, no retort? Finally, something new to tease you with!'

I want to act like any other employee and give the files, but eavesdropping to their conversation was chickening me out. I blushed heavily hearing those—argh, why am I eavesdropping on other people lately?

I breathed deeply as I tried to gather courage to enter the room. I may look stupid standing in front of the Team Manager's office—well I do, let's get this bread! I pulled the door open, hoping to get an awkward silence from them (Hey, why do I want that?) but instead I saw something more, more confusing.

Why is Mr. Choi putting his face close to Team Manager?

'Jongdae-ssi, it's...it's not what you think!' Mr. Choi exclaimed as he immediately pushed Team Manager away, his hands on the air. Team Manager, on the other hand, looked stoic, but at the same time he's trying to move his gaze away from me. Nonchalantly, I replied, 'Here are the documents, Team Manager.'

He held his hand out to me while I gave it to him with my head down, embarrassed not because of the scene that unravelled right before my eyes, but because of what I heard earlier. Like a shy rat, I immediately gave a bow before running towards the door.

As I finally arrived outside, I pressed myself on the nearest wall possible, panting heavily. 

I did not do that because I'm jealous or something, I just wanted to add drama to this plot.

After a few seconds of doing that, I finally realised how much of a fool I was—I thought I escaped everybody's gazes, but before I knew it, they looked at me with malicious looks.

'Did you something juicy with Team Manager inside, Jongdae-ssi?'

'No!' I immediately answered as I rushed towards my cubicle, embarrassed. God, why did I do that? But hey, I wish we did something juicy there.

I sighed after it finally calmed down.

Rising gods of the east, is it too much to ask?

-----

After an exasperating (but still ok, thanks to my one and only Kim Minseok who I ate lunch with) day at work, I was finally freed from the shackles of systemic capitalism that drains the spirits of people. Bored, but excited, I went to his office like a fool, smiling so big it hurt my jaw.

I knocked softly at first, as the nervousness suddenly crept in my heart, then waited for his reply. He responded with the usual cold tone, but I did not mind, because finally I can see my daily vitamin! As I entered, I saw the silent, serious-looking looking at his computer, busy doing his work as a Team Manager, but as he looked up—as he i n g  looked up—the coldness of his expression suddenly thawed into a warm sunshine as he suddenly smiled, emitting warmth in this airconditioned room.

And you know what that means?

I've been slain!

'Dae-ya!' He cheerful greeted, still smiling while I stood there, trying to stop my nose from bleeding and my heart from beating too fast. He's so cute, oh my god, oh my god, he's so cute—I'm about to di—'Hello....hyung...'

'I'll be finished in a few...' He replied, but I suddenly stopped him. 'Hyung, don't rush. I'll just wait.'

'Eh? Why though?'

Dammit, does he really want me to say it? My secret fantasy of him? I didn't want to answer, but seeing his curious, but evading eyes, I immediately gave up. With an extremely blushing face, I answered: 'Because...I want to see you working?'

'And?' He asked, smiling. DOES HE WANT ME TO SUFFER?????

'And...I want... want...to spend time...with you?'

As I finally said those embarrassing words, he laughed, making me forgive him immediately because guess what—I'm a simp for him. To my surprise, he suddenly opened his arms wide.

'What are you doing?'

'What?' He asked, pouting. DOES HE KNOW HOW MUCH POWER HE HAS ONE? DOES HE ING KNOW? 'I want a hug.'

I was dumbfounded by him. But seeing how I'm easily charmed by him, I went and hugged him. Oh wow, he smells so good... wow...

While hugging him, I realised that I shouldn't be worrying to much about it. The one I love is right beside me, supporting wholesomely. I too, must do that.

Still in his arms, I whispered something while I kissed his cute head.

'I love you.