the kim jongdae effect

How to Love An Ahjussi by Kim Jongdae

You know, my days after being with Team Manager were suddenly filled with petals flying around the wind, and it really bothers me.

Well, that's maybe because it's April already, but it felt like even taking a , I can feel these petals falling along with its scent sticking on me.

Is there are a cherry blossom spirit following me around? Did Sehun use some new fabric softener? Am I gonna die? (Hopefullh not.)

But boy, I was wrong.

The correct answer is from Baekhyun: spring has finally (and literally) come to me.

Although my life is a ing mess, I was able to become happy thanks to him, and of course for the love and support of everyone else---wait why do I should like I'm thanking people for a research paper...but anyways. In case you are wondering what happened afterwards, it was like my life---a ing mess. The moment I entered the office, I was met with people throwing confetti and popping streamers in my face, and I do know who the did that. It was Park ing Chanyeol, the company president's secretary and the boyfriend of my dear friend, Byun Baekhyun. The huge grin on his face at that time made me want to skin him alive because who would've thought that he, at 7 in the morning, shouted inside, telling everyone that Team Manager and I have finally got together? Of course, the fanclub is happy, with them popping their emergency streamers for this exact moment.

Team Manager, I assumed, felt more embarrassed not because of us, but rather at their foolishness.

So remembering about him, I immediately rushed to his office like a fool, forgetting that what I am doing is feeding these other fools content. And well, not to my surprise, he still looked like a cat.

However, he's cuter and happier.

Ooh, is this the Kim Jongdae effect? 

'Good morning, Mr. Kim.' I spoke, trying my best not sound too friendly because for 's sake, we are still at work. Professionalism, professionalism, I thought of myself as I saw him move his eyes away from the computer screen to mine. Holy , the moment our eyes met, I was ready to drop the formality around since the blood is rapidly rushing on my cheeks. As if he were to give me a one shot, one kill, he grinned, showing his pearly white teeth to me (kill me now, oh dear gods of the east!). 'Good morning, Jongdae-sshi.'

Hello everyone? Please help me, I can't help myself---he's so cute. If he were an idol, I would be his number one fansite...oh how thankful I am to be able to live on the same life as him!

'So why are you visiting so early? Is there something wrong?' His eyes were piercing into me--those cat-like eyes, they're asking me at the same time they're enthralling... I could not say a word for a moment as I felt like I was stunned, but a spell called professionalism made me back to normal, making me answer with, 'No, I just wanted to see you, Sir.' nonchalantly that I didn't expect him to take a critical hit.

He blushed!

HE     I N G   BLUSHED  ! ! ! !

That's enough.

I      W O U L D      D I E     F O R     H I M  ,     !

We both averted our eyes in embarrasment and the blood immediately rushed to my face, blushing me to the point I probably looked more foolish than I thought. Immediately, I tried to change the embarrassing atmosphere we have, so I coughed. 'I...uhm I'll see you later at lunch, I guess...?'

'Ah---Oh, Ah! yes...yes...' He mumbled, still not looking at me. My heart felt like it was about explode, so I rushed out of his office and ran towards my cubicle. I then covered my face, and god, I felt how warm it was! I was still thinking about what happened a few moments ago when the people around me started squealing like fangirls.

'Oh my, he went to his office so early! Priorities!'

Give...me...a...ing...break...

So after spending the majority of my morning doing my job (and thinking about him---yes, I don't care), I finally stretched my aching body as I heard everyone talk after hours of silence. I'm still 24, you know, yet my body feels like it has been added 50 years in it. And to my surprise (well, to the office's surprise), I was tapped to the shoulder by him. Everyone is staring at us as if some drama is happening, which made my happiness bar go down immediately. This company, you know...so ing weird. No wonder I felt off being accepted here.

It wasn't an expectation for me or something, but we ate lunch on the same ramen shop I first saw him. As we ate together, I told him about it, and to my surprise, he is shocked---he only met me on my first day at work, so that's a shocking matter. But... that doesn't that sound like I'm stalking him?

'Hyung, please don't think like I'm stalking you,' I reassured him. 'I just happened to notice you, and it was a pure coincidence that I was applying for a job on your company on that day.'

To my surprise, he laughed. The pureness emiting around him made my mouth lose its strength, making the noodles that I was eating fall off from it. 'I know, I know. You're really funny, Jongdae.'

Oh...funny, you say? I'm actually a clown, hyung. But that's to shallow.

I'm your fool, Kim Minseok.

The moment we got out of the shop, he stretched his body and gave a sigh of relief. I suddenly noticed a cat behind him which was also stretching behind him, making me think how similar they looked like. Afterwards, he turned and smiled at me. 'Doesn't feel like a date, eh?'

DATE?

I immediately avoided his gaze as my cheeks suddenly went hot, making me reply with a shaky 'Yeah.'

While we were walking back to the company, my mind was in full investigation mode about what he said a while ago. So a date, huh...that sounds fun, too. It's just two days since we got together, and I felt those were hinting at me to do something. Well I am doing something! I am thinking!

 A date, he said...

I screamed mentally the moment we got inside the company. To my horror, I actually remembered that all of my past relationships were just fun and games,and the last time I had a proper one was on high school. I screamed even louder whilst bidding a see you later to him.

I, Kim Jongdae, has no thoughts on what the ideal date should be!