again, i feel...special!

How to Love An Ahjussi by Kim Jongdae

'Haruman nibange chimdaega dwegosipeo...oh baby.'

That is me, singing as I finally selected the best look I can give for this date. This day...ah, what can I say---this day is finally the day that I will prove myself to the world that I am, in fact, a functional lover of Team Manager Kim Minseok! A date is sufficient to make his heart happy, along with the tender care that I've been tending to him. Well erase that, it sounds like he's a plant. But anyway, I took a look at the mirror and saw myself (duh). Wearing a denim jacket over a striped shirt paired with jeans and sneakers, I was about to walk out proudly with my might when some brat coughed. Pissed, I turned to him and asked, 'What?'

'You're seriously going out like that?' I managed to hear a proper sentence despite Sehun's mouth is full, and hearing that, I felt offended. Like I-am-gasping-at-what-he-said offended.Or just overall shocked. 'Hey, I have to look decent in our first date.'

'Looking decently like a university student, I see.' were his last words before I stormed out, only to stop myself from letting his words come into my nerves. Calm down, Jongdae. Sehun is just teasing you. Don't get worked up. You have a date, remember? So after that, I happily walked to the station, remembering the things I've been planning for this date.

First, we'll watch a movie. I will let him pick, but I hope he'll choose a romantic one, so that it stimulate the mood. Then we'll be eating food in a café I've searched a few days ago---it has a lot of five star reviews so I hope it won't disappoint us. Then afterwards, I'll walk him home...or maybe to the station, because I'll end up lost when I get back. Then probably walk along while viewing cherry blossoms.

So yeah, that pretty much sums up the plans I have for this date.

Although there are cherry blossoms outside the train were falling beautifully, they somehow got inside and went straight to my head. The thought of him flustering over my great efforts turns me more into a airhead than I actually am. But for real, I am very excited. He's my first date...My first date..ooh, is this the Kim Minseok effect? Kim Minseok Syndrome?

And I finally arrived! Like a hyper puppy, I ran inside the mall and to my surprise (delight, happiness, etc.), I found him sitting on one of the benches. And you all know what my first reaction seeing, right?

Let our response be...

H E    L O O K S    L I K E    A    C A T !

As much as my heart is beating crazy, I could not handle the cuteness he possesses; he's wearing a beanie with those ends that you see mostly on babies, and he's!!! wearing!!! an!!! pink!!! jacket!!! So now that I've calmed down, I'll explain again the angel I've seen with my two own eyes. He's wearing a baby blue beanie, and he's wearing a light pink jacket underneath a white shirt, then blue jeans and white shoes. And what made him look softer is the presence of a scarf, which made me question because it's spring. But anyway, he's the most angelic thing I've ever seen in my life.

Seeing how his existence is the epitome of spring, I felt my cheeks heating up to the point you can cook hotteok on it. Slowly, while acting cool, I walked up to him. I then let out a trump card that I haven't used for a while: The Smile™ that I used on my host days. It's a toned-down version of a greasy smile, and everyone loved it. 'Hyung.'

I was expecting a deadpan, bored 'That's greasy' from him, but wow, I wish I could scream in happiness! His reply to my trump card is far from my expectations: a soft, smiling laugh. I became speechless when he did that---that soft laugh, that innocent smile, that pink-tinted cheeks! I have been slain! 'That sounds greasy, Jongdae!'

I could only sigh by myself. Why am I so helpless when he smiles?*

You know, I've planned the whole thing, and I am hoping that it will smoothly, because if not, then what's the point, you know?

I wanted to surprise him, but the tables have turned: He surprised me.

And our date started the moment we entered the cinema. I gave him the freedom to pick any movie he wants to watch, and to my horror, he picked horror. I felt my whole plan crumbling immediately because that's the foundation of the whole date! The atmosphere! The ambience! The romance! My soul got out, like literally, after we finished watching it. I was not expecting for this to happen, but I crossed my hands eagerly. There is still hope.

Afterwards, we walked our way to the café. But boy, little did I know, we have to encounter a massive hurdle: a long- line. This wasn't in the reviews! The reviews did not do a warning in order to forsee such trial! Instead of waiting for a line that will never end, we resorted to the street food sold by ahjussis and ahjummas. Minseok-hyung is somewhat happier at this point, while I'm trying to conceal my melancholy with a smile. I felt my plan slowly crumbling into sand as it stood on an unstable foundation of horror movies. God, I wanted to cry! Why is this happening to me!

Opting and hoping for the best, I've decided that this is the only thing that's gonna work: the cherry blossoms. So being the romantic I am, I held his hand (seucheoganeun barame...) as we strolled around, viewing the beauty of springs along with hundreds of people. I felt satisfied when this worked, but as I am happy, the turn have tabled this time.

It ing rained.

It ing rained cats and dogs.

The rain suddenly pounded on the sky that was once sunny, completely drenching us with its power.

Hey, you clouds, why are you ruining my day? Are you crying because I got a date? Huh?

To my surprise, Minseok pulled me by my hand, and the next thing I knew, I was running with him as if we're in a drama scene with their OST playing in the background.

After my plan has finally crumbled, we took shade on some shed. I sat, completely upset and utterly speechless at things. First of all, the forecast did not say that there's heavy rain this day.The second of all...!

God, I give up.

'Jongdae?' I looked up to see him, and I wish I had prepared myself. He was standing there, with his scarf and jacket removed, and I COULD SEE HIS BODY UNDERNEATH THAT WET SHIRT. Everything feels so exposed to me (he got some delicious s and abs too, damn), so I answered with my head lowered so that I can hide my blushing face. 'Y-yeah?'

'Why don't we go at my place? It's just near.'

Wait...'W-wha...?'

He suddenly grabbed my hand (again) and gave a hearty smile. 'I hope you don't mind being wet again though.'

The next thing I knew is that we are running like some fools inder the rain. Gods of the east...I think I am not cut out for a planned date.