wrong as i expected [ PART 2 ]

How to Love An Ahjussi by Kim Jongdae

And that is, ladies and gentlemen, is the start of how my ever-so-calm schedule became a mess.

The following days afterwards, Mr. Jung is always at where I was, talking to me with such sugar-coated words that made me feel like ants are gonna come at me at any moment.

You read it right, right? Not rarely, not seldom, not sometimes, not often!

Always!

There are dozen of things that he'll do once he'll spot me somewhere that's different from persuading me to join the sales department. He'd either place a warm cup of coffee on my desk with a sticky note that has a crooked smiley face on it, or would bring me out at lunch. But other than that, he would wait for me until I finish, and then would take me to dinner and then bring me home. 

In which made everyone speculate---yes, also Baekhyun and Sehun----that I've finally gotten over my crush and decided to have a man.

y'all! I still love that cat-eyed man! I would send death glares to everyone who tried teasing me, saying that I should say yes and become Mr. Jung's boyfriend because they pity him for working hard on courting me. Is it really my fault? Did I force him to do that? In fact, he wasn't even courting me for love, but for my sweetest yes to move to his department.

I am tired of this bull. Well, I have to end this hell-long agony.

Speaking of which, this situation made it more impossible for me to see Mr. Kim. I was still wondering about his reaction the night Mr. Jung introduced himself to me, because it was so strange, like it was the first time he heard this kind of phenomena. But no matter how I pray to the rising gods of the east, I had the chance of -99.9% of seeing him. 

But there was one instance where I finally saw his lovely face, but I was bewildered the moment our eyes met: he immediately averted his eyes, as if he was ignoring me. How I wish that it was the reason, but remembering my position, there was no way that he will see me in the same way I see him. Pretty hopeless, right?

But even so, I still held on to that tiny hope.

It was already late when I finally finished my tasks, and I decided to take my time before going out by stretching my muscles for a bit, twisting them until I get that satisfying pop from my bones. Before I went out, I took a glance at Mr. Kim's office. He was still there (I guess), judging from the lights that were on. But knowing that he's busy and that it would be a bother for him if I enter, I immediately went down to the lobby. As I expected, I saw a familiar face waiting eagerly on one of those cream-colored velvet sofas.

It was Mr. Jung, who---to my surprise, was peculiarly handsome and sparkling today. It took him a few moments to notice me coming towards to where he was, and immediately flashed that kind smile of his. 'Oh, Kim-ssi.'

'Hello, Mr. Jung.' I bowed, smiling sheepishly as he stood up before bowing back at me. We then headed towards to his car, and as he drove, he asked,  'So where do you want to go?'

'Pardon?' I asked, surprised at that question. Mr. Jung would always choose the place since the dinner's on him. It took me by surprise, and I was taken back for a moment. 'I want to know where would you like to eat?'

Since he's the one paying for the dinners we had, does this mean that...? 

Seeing the conflicting look on my face, he laughed slightly. 'Don't worry, it would be on me.'

My cheeks immediately went red, flustered and embarrassed at his statement. It made me bury my head on his hands. Am I really this money-conscious?

After a few moments of contemplation, I managed to spout an answer. I told him about a little ramen place in Nakseongdae-dong. It was where Sehun, Baekhyun and I would eat whenever we have free time around. The moment we arrived at that place, I almost cried from the nostalgia. , this is the place that made me the man I am right now. 

'So this was the place that you've been with for many years?'

'Yes, Mr. Jung.' I spoke, slurping my bowl. To my surprise, a hand was on mine, making me look up to see him looking at me with such tender eyes. 'Please, call me Yunho.'

'Yunho...' I repeated after him like a child. A huge grin appeared on his lips, as if he was waiting for me to say it, but it was conflicting since his eyebrows were furrowed. Confused, I asked. 'What's happening, Yunho-sunbaenim?'

Wah, that feels weird! But the furrowing eyebrows he has became more furrowed (Was I right?), making me more confused than he was. Is he trying to act cute? But finally, he answered. 'Is it okay to call you...Jongdae?'

Oh.

OH.

I immediately nodded like those toys you see in cars. To my surprise, he gave that innocent, sweet laugh. But was I to fall for that? No! You think I'm a k-drama protagonist who falls in love with a man just because of his minimal actions? No! Would I fall in to the deepest parts of romance just because he did all of those for me? N O !

Well, double standard. I fell for Mr. Kim in that way. 

So that thing that I was supposed to was delayed for a couple of times because first, it was rude to intrude or change the energy that Mr. Jung has, and second, I had to gather courage and prepare for the worst thing possible. When he offered to drive me home, I declined and said that I wanted to go to the station. He was taken back by that, but he actually complied. 

So here we are, walking down on the station that has a few, but not that little, people around. We walked without saying anything, and it feels surreal to me. But while waiting, I thought: This is it, little !

'Yun--'

'I have to tell you something, Jongdae-ssi.' It was the first time that I heard him speak seriously, but sensing how serious he was, I ended up having my mouth shut. 'Please don't think that I'm doing all of this out of convincing you to move to the sales department.'

'Huh?' I asked. I wasn't confused, but rather, was anxious on what he will say next. Is this even the worst situation possible? I clenched my fist as I saw the nervous look on his face. He was opening and closing his mouth as if he wanted to say something, but the words won't come up. He suddenly turned around for a few moments, moving intensely that I was frozen in confusion. But when he faced me, finally, the look on his face was definitely a surprise. He was blushing.

'I'm saying that I like you...Jongdae-ssi.'

Oh... so that was the worst thing possible.

Oh! It was a confession.

I immediately blinked, hoping that I finally got what he was trying to say. He looked like a Samoyed waiting for an answer or a command, along with that twinkling hope on his eyes. Seeing that----well I panicked.

Not outside. But inside. I panicked. WHY IS THERE A CONFESSION?

This wasn't what I planned, but seeing his face, I felt pity. Damn, Mr. Jung, you fell for a pathetic person. But instead of showing dislike, I gave a small smile, but spoke with total awkwardness. 'O-oh....'

'Yeah...' He replied, averting his eyes from me before putting his clasped hands over his head. 'Well, now that I finally said it, I think I should stop doing this to you---I should give you space.'

HUH? I widened my eyes mentally upon listening to him. This was better than what I've expected. All of the things that were running on my head previously were gone, but there is one big thing left in my hands.

He confessed.

What am I supposed to do with this?

'Please think about it.' were the last words Mr. Jung said before he went off. Now that everything's clear, my mind was starting to become a mess. I have to make a decision---an answer or any little thing. If I were to say yes, that means goodbye, Mr. Kim, right? Plus, I'm not overly in love with him---I just find him cute, that's all. But isn't that what dating today meant?

But if I were to say no, things would get awkward, and the worst, he'd treat me with contempt.

While my mind was full of dilemma, a cold hand suddenly grabbed my shoulder.

I didn't know I was starring in Oksu Station Ghost.

' WHAT THE !'