how i fell in love with your ahjussi

How to Love An Ahjussi by Kim Jongdae

Working with Kim Minseok shouldn't be some field activity you'd be screaming out with joy.

Even though he was cute, the job he'd give you will drain your life force!

Chanyeol warned me about how I'd never survive a month under him, but I just brushed him off, knowing how I suddenly got head over heels with that cute guy. But the hell I know, he'd be giving me stacks of papers to review and to summarize.

', why am I being easily fooled...' I said as I cried in front of Sehun. We both agreed eating outside to get chicken, but it ended up into a therapeutic session with me regretting on every single action I did the past few weeks. This guy, however, had the audacity to laugh on my face. 'Didn't you say he has the coldest eyes? Like ice?'

'But I never knew that coldness would seep through his action!' I yelled at him, imaginary falls of tears streaming down on my face while I hold the fried chicken leg. It has been three months since I started working as an office clerk in the same company Baekhyun's boyfriend was working, and somehow, the feeling of having a stable job suddenly was into me, making me move to tears every night when I go to sleep (and that probably annoyed Sehun at night since I really cry loudly). At last, I thought, I can now live the life without depending on others and that I can now move out and pay him all the rent, but then, seeing my team manager's face... maybe, I fell for him?

'So,' He suddenly spoke after finishing a wing, and looked at me in the eye. 'You really fell for him?'

'Yeah,' I replied, my eyes trailing up the ceiling like some idiot thinking he'd see something other than the light bulb and wood. 'I'm really falling for him.'

'What the hell does he look like for you to fall for him?' He gave me a disproving look. 'From what I remember, it's rare for you to fall since you're extremely picky.'

'What the ?!' I glared at him. 'Just because I'm very picky, I can't fall in love like a normal person now?'

'Well, who said you're normal anyway...' He mumbled, making me glare even more as I went near him. 'What did you say?'

'Nothing, little . So what the does this team manager of yours look like?'

'Can't I just show you his face from my SNS?'

'Do you even remember that you only have an email and KakaoTalk?'

Oh.  He'sright. But what does Minseok look like exactly for me?

Sehun was staring intently at me as if he was waiting for an answer. Peeling the chicken skin, I tried to think. Minseok looks... Minseok looks.... Minseok looks... Minseok looks...

'He looks like a cat.'

'Meow.' Ew, what the . Seeing my reaction, he laughed as hard as a rock, almost making the bones fall on the floor due to his body shaking too much. Now that I said that, ain't I right? He really does look like a cat. Even if I say those words, the word I'd still compare him is beautiful. 'I don't know now, Sehun. It's just that he's beautiful like a cat. His eyes were really almond shaped, along with that soft feeling. You know that, right?'

'How am I supposed to know? I'm not you.'

'You!' I whined. 'Just imagine the feelings I have right now!'

'Shut up, hyung and eat your chicken.'

'Oh Sehun!'


All my sorrows that night ended up to me drinking alone and annoying Sehun by singing some sad songs that I learned from those days when we were still hosts. 

And the morning after, well we all can guess, I went up to work looking wasted.

As expected, I've been made as the subject of jokes by Park Chanyeol's headass. 'Did you party too hard last night, Mr. Kim?'

'Shut up, I'm sad.' I immediately replied as I placed down my things and the computer. 'You shouldn't talk to me like that, I'm your sunbae-nim.'

'I'm sorry, sunbae-nim.' I replied back with sarcasm enthusiastically. If it weren't for the fact that he's Baekhyun's boyfriend and that he's the director's secretary, I'd be beating the out of him. I was on my limit on him pestering me when I suddenly heard a voice, making us both turn around. 'Why is Mr. Park around here?'

Oh , it's Mr. Kim. His eyes were coldly staring at him as he stood up from trying to crouch to my level and Chanyeol gave him a warm smile. 'Well, I was just visiting a friend of mine...and Oh, Mr. Kim?'

'What?' I flinched when we asked the same question in unison, making me turn away from him.

'We're having a drinking party for the newly recruits tonight!'

. . . . That's what I fear the most. I've already drank last night, and now I have to drink again in front of my co-workers. There was a weird feeling on the pit of my stomach as I tried to think on what will happen later on, since I've watched enough movies of company drinking parties that ended up making the new recruit drink all the booze. I want to dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

'After three months?'

'We actually waited for Mr. Kim to join with us, so yeah.'

Who the hell is the other Mr. Kim he's talking about?

As Chanyeol went away, the team manager didn't say a word and just went inside his office. Now that I have thought about it, Mr. Kim is such a silent person. I never heard such word from him except when there's Mr. Choi annoying him or when his telephone's ringing. He doesn't say much but his eyes and actions says it all.

But he also does some cute things! I've noticed for the past few months, he has the tiny habit of opening and closing his hands whenever he goes outside without his glasses like a 5-month old baby trying to grasp something. When that time a coworker bought her sister's pet hamster because there wasn't a person looking after, I saw him frequently going out of his office just to talk at it cutely. DAMN UGH he's so cute.

Team Manager Kim might be looking so harsh and all, but he's really cute.


'Now, I'd like to present you... the master of the ceremony and our very own director, Kim Junmyeon!'

Everyone clapped as the said director stood up with a sheepish smile on his face. He looked young, and all the ladies gawked their eyes at him. 'I'd like to see who are the new addition to our company, please raise your hands.'

All of us hesitated at first, but after we all raised, he suddenly bowed, making us surprised. 'I'm sorry for delaying this drinking party! I just finally heard about it when this idiot---'

I can see him kicking Chanyeol on the side. 'I mean, my secretary told me about it. Now, let's get it started!'

'Thank you for the food!'

The whole party wasn't something I have expected. It was full of laughter and jokes, and there wasn't that much alcohol around even if it's called a drinking party. Director Kim was having the time of his life telling dad jokes whilst other are just talking. I've been expecting for them to pressure us newbies into drinking the whole night, but instead they've been forcing us to do our thing.

Ah, this company is very fascinating that I don't even know what to expect.

Discreetly, I moved my eyes around to find Team Manager. When I finally found him, he was there eating with a man and it seemed like they are very close with each other, judging how their bodies were moving and how their mouths were conversing in a bit of a close manner. It's not that I'm jealous, but I can't help myself but to be curious on what Mr. Kim looked like without that cold exterior.

'Team Manager Kim is always cold...he only warms up to him.' I turned to see Kim Yerim give a sad look on her face while she poured a bottle of soju on her glass. 'Most of us had worked with him for a few years, and yet he still doesn't warm up to us---only to him.'

My was curious, so I asked, 'Who is he?'

'Oh, he's Jung Yunho. He's from another department though. That guy's too full of passion.' She replied. But knowing how hungry I was for answers, I asked, 'What relationship do they have?'

'Ah, nothing. Just friends, although he's someone who was a rival of Mr. Kim.' I couldn't believe in my ears all the words she said. Minseok is competitive? I mean, yeah he could be... but what was the reason why he was like that?

'Hey you..'

'Yeah?' I raised her an eyebrow.

'Don't you know he's cold now because of his dead lover?'