summer tires

How to Love An Ahjussi by Kim Jongdae

'Can I treat you dinner later?'

'Can I treat you dinner later?'

'Can I treat you dinner later?'

That line has been on my head the whole afternoon while I was working. I can't believe I've been asked out by the man---the team manager himself. It was one of the oddest things I've ever experienced in my life; it's my first time being asked out by someone that I really like and I couldn't breath in happiness--even more in that weird surprise everyone had.

Streamers popped and everyone clapped their hands the moment Team Manager Kim asked me out for dinner, and with their giggling face laid some teasing, yelling finally especially from Baekhyun's tall as boyfriend. Everyone was busy teasing the team manager about having the balls to ask someone while I stood there still believing that all of those didn't happen. What the is happening---why the does everyone know something that I don't know about?

While I was having a streaming event on that same line on my head, I was trying to imagine what kind of dinner date would the team manager give me. Is it gonna be the romantic type with lit candles and rose petals scattered on the floor like the ones in dramas? Or the funky one where they're gonna be on an exciting adventure like lovers in the moonlight? Or that awkward one where it gets steamy later o----

'Kim! Jong! Dae!'

'I really want to date you!'

'What?' Without realising, I yelled those magic words out of my nasty mouth---not knowing the total sub is here right in front of me. But when I did, I immediately buried my face on my tiny hands, trying to hide the embarrassment from my co-workers who noticed it due to my loud confession. Chanyeol was shocked and speechless at first, but knowing how he wants to mess with me despite being submissive to my friend, he smirked----which as I know after meeting him, is an indication of a nightmare happening. 'Still not over the team manager's invite, huh?'

'Shut up,' I retorted, trying to avert my eyes from him. 'What do you want again?'

'This is nothing, but I want to give you this.' He gave me a box wrapped in brown paper. I was happy about the thought, but knowing this secretary, I knew something wasn't right about this. Pretending, I thanked him with a smile before asking, 'What's this for?'

To my surprise, he winked at me. 'Just a little gift to use later with Team Manager Kim.'

Speechless, I looked at the mysterious box that was sitting on my desk. For some time, I tried avoiding it since it won't do me no good if I ever get more distracted than usual. But remembering Chanyeol's words that awakened all my knowledge being a host, there was doubt forming in my stomach. No, it won't be that right?

But what if it was that what I think it was?

Immediately, I grabbed the box and ripped it up, praying that it isn't what I've been thinking the whole time. This time, the box in front of me was in a matte box with some fancy engraving that makes me doubt even more. Holding my breath, I slowly opened it....praying.... praying...

'What the !' 

Sitting on some fancy velvet was a huge bottle of lube along with an aphrodisiac. Thinking it was already the stop of my nightmare, I tried to lift the velvet cloth to see if there is something stuffed on it, and to my horror----yes, to my horror----there were an enormous amount of condoms on it, along with a letter in a fancy pink color. Shaking, I opened the letter with my hands, hoping it wasn't another bull from Chanyeol. But alas, did I even doubt his abilities?  

Dear Mr. Kim Jongdae,

I would've gone my way and booked you two a fancy love hotel afterwards, but that would be suspicious to Team Manager Kim's part, knowing he's like an old man. By the time we knew some chemistry is starting to form between you two, we decided that we will support you into becoming one. We hope you'll go all the way after this and we also wish you all the best! Fighting!

P.S. Our Team Manager Kim might be looking dominant, but he bottoms.

With tender loving care,
Secretary Park Chanyeol and Staff

My whole body was shaking the whole time I was reading the letter. So they actually ing knew that I have a crush on Team Manager---well, who wouldn't notice with this face of mine that's too obvious? But what shocked me the most was that they were starting to ship us together without us knowing the whole thing. The more I stayed in this company, the more I started to notice why I was hired despite how my background isn't suited for this---they were weird as hell!

Park Chanyeol, you little !


My work hours has ended... and I.....

I....

I'm gonna have dinner with Team Manager Kim!

Knowing that he was waiting for me outside, I became reluctant and was starting to get nervous every second I prepared. I shoved that box Chanyeol gave me into my bag, praying that it won't happen, and if it doesn't, I'd probably give to Sehun and let him whoever he wants. Every step was heart-pounding for me, and the moment I saw him waiting for me while leaning on some probably-expensive car, I can feel my chest feeling tighter.

This is what you call a bottom? He probably pin me down if we ever do it!

'Oh, Jongdae. You're here.' My heart skipped a beat (shut up heart, will you?) when I heard him---even more when he smiled--holy , I could faint at this point. I went to him slowly, and noticed that everyone was looking at me, giggling. Sensing what I noticed, he laughed. 'Don't worry about them, Jongdae. They just love to tease.'

'Ah, y-yes.' I replied, trying my best not to look in to his eyes as I felt like I was starting to blush. Like a true gentleman he was, he opened the door of his car, making me hesitant to enter. But it was the best choice I made---the car was smelling so Kim Minseok! I tried to hide my excitement knowing that he'd just take me to dinner because he feels indebted to me taking care of him when he was drunk, but the smell of Minseok; the smell of Team Manager Kim; the smell of fresh flowers in the mornin---wait a second, why the am I talking like some heroine in a drama?

'Let me do the seat belt for you.' To my surprise, he pulled himself closer to me, making me leave no choice but to take a good look in face as he does it on me. It was a nice view for me, knowing how I just do a full 180 with my heart going on and on seeing his beautiful eyes, pretty nose and that seductive lips--holy ! I did not notice, but actually, he had stopped and was also looking on my face...

We both look into each other, but what's on my mind was a mess. I was starting to explode when he started to trail his eyes from my own down to my lips, but knowing he was going to kiss me, I panicked and said, 'Where are we going?'

That question seemed to turn him back to reality, making him move to his seat faster in a second with the obvious blush on his face. That---it was too ing fast, and I wasn't able to catch up. Catching my breath, I soon came to know that the atmosphere between us was getting awkward in any moment so I decided to ask again, 'Hyung, where will we eat?'

The place he pulled me into was a simple family restaurant. Chanyeol was right---all of the imaginative fantasies I've had weren't there, but knowing there was a Kim Minseok there, I am now contented. There were a lot of people around, but it seemed like it was some place that he frequents knowing the people working there somehow knew him. The awkward atmosphere we have before vanished and we both decided that we must avoid the thing that almost happened between us in the car, making us indulge talking to each other while waiting for the food to be served to us. 

'Uhm, can I leave my bag to you? I'm gonna go to the comfort room.' I asked, and to my delight, he said yes that made me give him my bag and happily skipped into the room. A huge smile was on my face as I entered, whistling happily because holy mothering ----this is all too much for me! My heart was beating too much from being excited, and I can feel my knees melting until I realised...

The! ing! box! of! condoms!

Without a second thought, I sprinted out to where our table was and grabbed my bag from him. Catching my breath, I was relieve to see the confused look on his face. I'm so ing glad he didn't get to see the box and it's conten--- 'Why did you grab it, Jongdae?'

'Ah, t-that's because...' I looked around while trying to find a reason. 'Something m-ight lose. It's very important to me.'

'Ah, the condoms and the lube?' Hearing those on my own ing ears made me freeze on the spot. 

The c...condoms.....

Did...he.. found... out...about them?

But I was wrong. Seeing how pale I was, he chuckled and replied, 'Why are you scared? I thought I was the only one who received that box from Chanyeol.'

Hearing his ing name, I gritted my teeth in anger---that little , he's glad his boyfriend loves him more than me!

But after that, we then continued talking. Kim Minseok is such an interesting person---even though he doesn't talk much while pulling off that serious face, he talks in a huge amount of topics that made me fall harder for him. He's cute when he eats; with his cheeks becoming circles as he eats that makes him look like a chipmunk and when he fed me with the lettuce-wrapped bulgogi, I felt my chest tighten from all the feelings inside me becoming more crazier. I blushed so hard to the point where I think the temperature around us was the reason for this dream-like phenomenon. 

He offered to drive me to my apartment, making me feel like a in love as I kept looking at him while he busy driving. But the moment I realise we were getting nearer to our destination, I could not help but to feel rejected. If every love story ends, this dream-like event would also end.

'Good night, Jongdae.' I snapped back to reality when I finally noticed that we're on the apartment complex. Sadly, I sighed and gave him a smile. 'Good night too, hyung. Thank you for taking me to dinner, and uhm, I guess that was for the night you stayed at my apartment right?'

'Yeah,' He smiled, along with his eyes twinkling in the dark with something that I can't recognise. Seeing how confused I am, he chuckled and said, 'Also, there's one reason why I wanted to take you to dinner.'

'And that is?'

'Well come closer, I'll whisper it.' He motioned with his hand, making me move. The feeling of his breath on my ear was making me nervous, and with me being alert at this hour, he proceeded to whisper, 'Face me.'

And doing as what I was told, I did not expect him to do this after all.

In the happiest day of my love life, I, Kim Jongdae, was kissed by Kim Minseok.


A/N: Actually the title name of this chapter is an English translation of a Finnish metaphor kesärenkaat meaning hehe (correct me if i'm wrong)