I love you like like like like like

How to Love An Ahjussi by Kim Jongdae

What the is up, Jongdae! No, what did you say? What the ? Step the up, Jongdae!

Those words were inside my single braincell the moment it tried to process what happened. It was short, meaningful---and at the same time was the top 10 things I said before a disaster. I was becoming a shoujo manga protagonist having her kiss scene--no, a drama actress kissing---wait, isn't it better to compare myself to the shoujo one? That kiss scene where everything sparkles, along with the fluffy, pinkish background with flowers falling around that basks the scent all over the place---it felt like it. The moment I pulled away, I was shocked! Of course, who wouldn't be shocked when the one you hopelessly fell in love with suddenly kissed you (and confessed drunkenly)?

I was in heaven at that point of my life! I moved my eyes upwards to see a breathtaking Minseok staring at me breathlessly, whose cheeks were as colored as a peach's skin. Oh, my dear Minseokkie, shall I compare thee to a summer's day? 

'So.... ?' He breathed out, making me blink twice. That question made me feel like I was being pulled by both reality and fantasy because how the was I able to have this moment for some ing reason? Team Manager Kim continued staring at me, as if he was waiting for answer, but the only problem is that I! Can't! Speak! I was too speechless by his actions that it felt like I was spellbound to be muted for a few moments. But seconds after, I finally had the sense to talk. 'I....That's surprising, hyung.'

'What surprising?' He asked, raising his eyebrow.

'T-that thing you did a while ago.' I replied, averting his gaze that's making me scared. It felt like he was about to pounce me anytime with his stare. And to my surprise, horror, happiness, whatever emotion I have within me, he leaned closer to my face and whispered with a smile: 'The kiss?'

'Eek!'

That was the only thing in my head that came out from my mouth, and the moment he said that, I surprisingly jumped like a cat who got scared with a cucumber. Hearing those words sent heat all over my face, making me blush like an overripe tomato in the refrigerator. I don't want to look at him so I shut my eyes----I'm so embarrassed, I wanted to die and not to reincarnate so that I can haunt every single human being who placed me in this situation! 

But wait. I immediately opened my eyes.

'Aren't I the one who placed myself in this situation?'

I turned my head to see Team Manager Kim looking at me with a defeated look on his face, and I could not help but be even more embarrassed. Already embarrassed, I silently went back to my seat and looked down to think. But you know what, I decided to say screw it and proceeded to further embarrass myself by asking: 'Do you like me, Team Manager?'

I mentally face-palmed.

'Yeah.' Team Manager Kim replied with a straight look on his face. I, who has watched a ton of romance dramas and has never felt true love since kindergarten, was so shocked that I suddenly remember this scene in Meteor Garden a few years ago. And as it processed into my brain with my single braincell, my hypothalamus sent me feelings of happiness, making me immediately stand up, smiling. 'What did you say? Oh god, what did you say?'

He suddenly averted his gaze from mine, turning away to hide his blushing face and crossed his arms. 'I said...what I said.'

'But I want to hear it clear, hyung!' I immediately ran to his side, kneeling while holding both of his arms. This isn't a moment to be reminiscing a Taiwanese drama---I almost ed this very beautiful moment up. 'I'm sorry if I'm gonna be annoying now, but I want to hear it from the bottom of m---'

Life is a rollercoaster, you know? I was begging for my crush to repeat what he said, even if it's embarrassing, and I have to rap an apology only to be shut by a simple kiss. You heard that right, he kissed me! I am the winner here! Those shiny, fluffy, pink backgrounds with falling flowers came back to my view as I widened my eyes, shocked by his sudden action. As he pulled out, he gave me a soft smile that I've never seen before. Ever.

'Jongdae-sshi, I like you.'

Oh thank you, the rising gods of the east!

As you may wonder what happened to us later on, we did not do the do. Everything was just the same, except that his heart is mine and my heart is now his...oh, how wonderful it does sound! It felt like I am experiencing my first ever spring as I have what I felt like is true love. I know that this is true love, after all, how was I able to experience that mess if I did not choose Team Manager right? And I'm a bit scared at first, since he is quite experienced with serious relationships, and I am not, but at the same time, I am also excited since I'll be experiencing so many first that I did not experience in my so called 'relationships'. Help me okay? Help me in which places to have good dates because I'm like a rookie in this department called love! 

Anyway, like I said before, life is a rollercoaster. Just like that, the events that happened to me before that lead me here now showed a bit of ups and downs, along with the small things that made me think about my relationship. I know that this end is just a start of another ride, and I'm gonna take another shot of soju I guess.... but I can survive this rollercoaster now, thanks to the one I love.

See you!

-------END OF SEASON 1------